Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
maderi

Question about clan oil

17 comments in this topic

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
43 posts

Im sorry if this has been answered a 1000 times , but if a small clan of some friends like 5-6 people wants to get some oil is there any other way than clan wars? are there daily missions or?

thank you in advance

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles
Just now, maderi said:

Im sorry if this has been answered a 1000 times , but if a small clan of some friends like 5-6 people wants to get some oil is there any other way than clan wars? are there daily missions or?

thank you in advance

you get 10 oil for every container you receive. It will take you a while with only 5 or 6 people, but you'll get enough for some buildings eventually...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles

You get ten per crate opened (that seems to include reward crates, and Christmas ones too); if you're getting the first one or two per day, plus a few missions, it starts to mount up...

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

You get ten per crate opened (that seems to include reward crates, and Christmas ones too); if you're getting the first one or two per day, plus a few missions, it starts to mount up...

slight correction, mostly a technicality for most people: You get the oil when you receive the crate, not when you open it. For example, I'm currently running an "experiment" how many Try Your Luck containers I will get before I get a supercontainer (over 80 and counting currently by the way, just my usual luck^^) so I dont open them, but I do still get the oil.

And yes, you are correct, you get oil for every container you receive, no matter from where - so if someone were completely insane he could just buy a boatload of, say, the Bismarck collection crates that are currently in the shop and they would get the oil for them. Completely stupid idea, but it's technically possible so I guess its worth mentioning...

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

slight correction, mostly a technicality for most people: You get the oil when you receive the crate, not when you open it. For example, I'm currently running an "experiment" how many Try Your Luck containers I will get before I get a supercontainer (over 80 and counting currently by the way, just my usual luck^^) so I dont open them, but I do still get the oil.

And yes, you are correct, you get oil for every container you receive, no matter from where - so if someone were completely insane he could just buy a boatload of, say, the Bismarck collection crates that are currently in the shop and they would get the oil for them. Completely stupid idea, but it's technically possible so I guess its worth mentioning...

Ah - that makes sense!

Thinking about it, you are absolutely right: when I bought some of the Christmas crates, I got the message about receiving oil (en mass) before I'd opened any of them...

[L4GG]
Players
1,434 posts
5,780 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Try Your Luck containers I will get before I get a supercontainer (over 80 and counting currently by the way, just my usual luck

keep counting. ahahahah

before the fat cat Christmas mission.

look the battles I've got and I got 1.

try your luck.

[NED]
Players
4,087 posts
11,208 battles

Parallel on topic question: AFAIK the oil barrels are always coming in with amounts of 10 don't they? I have a mystery in my contribution that's saying I have (Don't know the correct amount, cause awya from client) 4505.... How the heck did I get that 5 oil??? And there are more clan members who's showing those numbers...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
15 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it is like that... i had some month or 2 just pure TYL(3 per day) without any SC, then i get 2 in a week. then 3-4 weeks without one then 2 in a day...

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
15 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

For example, I'm currently running an "experiment" how many Try Your Luck containers I will get before I get a supercontainer (over 80 and counting currently by the way, just my usual luck^^)

Hang on in there, you'll get that Spotting Aircraft Modification 1 any day now!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
4 posts
7,640 battles

About the oil this just ALOT of BULL now. WTF did the chanced it?? First you could win OIL afther a BATTLE won and you where 1 of the top 3/4 players . WHY!!!! ??? Wargamming chanced it to get oil only from containers JUST CRAP and a small group of player who form a clan get NO WHERE building the buildings. Again a NO GOOD RULE Wargamming

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles
1 hour ago, Dutchy_destroyer said:

About the oil this just ALOT of BULL now. WTF did the chanced it?? First you could win OIL afther a BATTLE won and you where 1 of the top 3/4 players .

wat? when's that supposed to have been true? can only have been when Oil was still very new, if at all... definitely not been that way for months and months...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts

there were some missions at the introduction of the clan base/oil: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/i-drink-your-milkshake/

despite those introduction missions there were/are two ways to get oil (afaik): containers and as clan battle rewards

Vor 6 Stunden, Dutchy_destroyer sagte:

a small group of player who form a clan get NO WHERE building the buildings.

Crap. it might take longer, but of course it also small clans are able to build buildings. My clan is very small, only 3/4 members until last weekend, and nevertheless we have several buildings (10 if I remember correctly)...

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,350 battles
On 22.1.2018 at 9:31 PM, Tyrendian89 said:

you get oil for every container you receive, no matter from where - so if someone were completely insane he could just buy a boatload of, say, the Bismarck collection crates that are currently in the shop and they would get the oil for them. Completely stupid idea, but it's technically possible so I guess its worth mentioning...

The 0.89 Euro x-mas boxes were the best deal for oil.

But even then you only got 5.000 coal for 75 Euros, which is not very much.

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,350 battles
9 hours ago, Dutchy_destroyer said:

About the oil this just ALOT of BULL now. WTF did the chanced it?? First you could win OIL afther a BATTLE won and you where 1 of the top 3/4 players . WHY!!!! ??? Wargamming chanced it to get oil only from containers JUST CRAP and a small group of player who form a clan get NO WHERE building the buildings. Again a NO GOOD RULE Wargamming

7 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

wat? when's that supposed to have been true? can only have been when Oil was still very new, if at all... definitely not been that way for months and months...

It was just a 1-time mission event:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/i-drink-your-milkshake/

Sign in to follow this