You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

HMS Cossack

119 comments in this topic

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
11 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

At the time, I was running a D7000; recently upgraded to a D500.

I think the shots I took back then are a bit vanilla; need to go back and do a better job...!

Spoiler

IMG_0056.thumb.JPG.22723718c0fcc06287a63c954d879e58.JPGIMG_7317.thumb.JPG.f382c5269674c3fb6e7a7de61563d719.JPGIMG_7326.thumb.JPG.e956b2a2f391ac1f94e1301eefa31c14.JPGIMG_7337.thumb.JPG.83071d4c53d14c100a1067f476d5653e.JPGIMG_7374.thumb.JPG.6c33da3bb9c80bbbf0c1bfbdb63a0aa4.JPGIMG_7658.thumb.JPG.f506cc7eff03ac9015cd1cbbac510d39.JPG

Some pics of Belfast

IMG_7658.JPG

• Cool 2

[YEEET] triumphgt6
1,030 posts
9,293 battles

Found my 1982 pictures - I am afraid they are slides and don't scan that well and the nut behind the handle needs adjusting - this was shot on a Canon VT with either a 50mm f1.2 or a 100mm f3.5 - really can't remember but those were the two lenses I had with me! You can just see the CN tower behind.

haida.jpg

• Cool 3

800 posts

Unless she is released in pre-refit (4 x twin turrets) then there is no point in buying her. As a tier 7, she will see tier 9, and be mostly useless. If she had radar, then perhaps, as she was one of the first ships in the Royal Navy to get it. Unless something changes with her, I'll give it a miss. Pity, was looking forward to her. In her current state, I'd even think twice about doing a campaign for her as a free premium LOL.

I saw Tuccy take her out, sailed into the B cap, got spotted, got deleted in the first few minutes of the game. Unless that was the intention?

2,789 posts
6,656 battles
36 minutes ago, Akula971 said:

If she had radar, then perhaps, as she was one of the first ships in the Royal Navy to get it.

wat? shut up please. don't give WG any silly ideas. A DD with radar is the last thing we need at T7 (well, except a BB with radar I suppose).

• Cool 1

[NMF] rigawe
283 posts
2,015 battles

wow WG is having a lot of problem with new premium ship.

Aigle, gascogne and cossacks are just meh at best.

Let's hope hope they figure it out, after all alabama was also meh at first.

[SM0KE] Verblonde
429 posts
2,353 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Pics please will swap for pics of Belfast and Błyskawica......

Here you go; not great art, alas...

_DSC7672%20-%20v1_zpsffx8ee4g.jpg

_DSC7673%20-%20v1_zpsm3sa3dgy.jpg

• Cool 1

[BISON] Tungstonid
1,241 posts

It is definitively not easy to satisfy the community.

People make posts about power creep and how premium ships get stronger and stronger and surpass their silver counterparts at every opportunity, yet as soon as a premium ship does not excel in his early development stage they cry for buffs because "Else I won't buy that".

We all know what kind of tools WG uses to make small belance changes.

Spoiler

KV_App_Solutions_solve_challenges_of_hea

So why don't we wait what happens. And even if the Cossack stays meh (from the perspective of some players), is that really a bad thing? Good old times when premium ships where supposed to accelerate captain's training and have a higher income than silver ships in exchange for being slightly worse or at least different from their respective silver counterparts.

• Cool 2

[TOAST] iJoby
1,587 posts
20,696 battles
5 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Because she is a Tribal.. Any Brits will understand....... All Boys Comics in uk that had Royal navy stories had Tribals. Tribal probably the most famous DD class RN ever launched

"A cheap knockoff version of an excellent ship" quoted by Flamu, I totally agree.

Still in WIP, thank fork for that, so lets hope WG listens to the test results and feedback from ST's and make the fix's/buffs needed to make me want to part with any money.

Like @T0byJug I have waited a long time for this ship and not some knockoff made in China version of it. 

• Cool 1

1,922 posts

Cossack is trash, it is a late-war Tribal class with one 120 mm turret replaced by 102 mm DP, turret but the funny thing is that its AA still is trash :cap_haloween:. The terrible gun angle left you with only 4 guns to use so you have kinda of an Ognevoi with half of the torps.

[5D] dasCKD
1,803 posts
11,696 battles

I think she's a bit weak as is. Just clone the Gajah Madah and give her a camouflage with a good credit bonus or something. If you really need to make her different, just give her the Fiji's torpedoes. She'll get the single tube launcher as is. I think that'll be fine. I'd probably buy her, I miss the Gajah Madah.

79 posts
2,738 battles
6 hours ago, T0byJug said:

She aint a Clone the Gadjah Mada is an N class DD. HMS Cossack is a Tribal as you said.. 

Unfortunately @Tuccy is correct she has a white Ensign... and she is a DD..IM sold

I know I know I am not helping......

Yeah. The Tribals were always going to be poop. Poor arcs and one tube set with one mount going for AA was always going to be the Brit configuation. The Canadian Version with 4x2 4" DP will be a lot more practical, but they lack the gravitas of the Vian's Tribals. From the start of the war boarding ships in neutral waters with cutlass in hand to the second Navik with Warspite to running down the Bizmarck, Tribals were everywhere and doing everything in epic style.

I'm waiting for an Australian N class, but the Brit DD tree will do. 

I think she's a bit weak as is. Just clone the Gajah Madah and give her a camouflage with a good credit bonus or something. If you really need to make her different, just give her the Fiji's torpedoes. She'll get the single tube launcher as is. I think that'll be fine. I'd probably buy her, I miss the Gajah Madah.

As has been said many times, she is not the N class, they will rock, she is a tribal from pre war when the Brits though they needed to match the IJN and US super destroyers in gun power. 

• Cool 1

604 posts
2,000 battles

How bout fixing the power-creep before releasing more premium ships ? , Izumo , Colorado etc that are now floating scrapheaps you might also want to look at the NY , Myogi , just about every Jap DD , not to mention redundant AA cruisers , Then maybe you could balance RN BBs like the Orion and KGV .

Game doesn't need more premium ships it needs to grow more players and the f2p model at the moment in my view isn't cutting it.

/Rant off

• Cool 2

[SNUBS] Ysterpyp
495 posts
9,998 battles

Dear WG,  Don't you think its time to buff mahan's concealment? As of now it cant really do US DD things.

Its gets blasted before it it can spot its target lol 6.9km concealment iirc

• Cool 1

[LAZY] Bald_Rookie
1 post

If i understand this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Cossack_(F03) ) right, then HMS Cossack never had the 3x2 configuration, but had 4x2 configuration until it was sunk in October 1941. I can see that it (maybe) would be (a little bit) OP with 4x2, but if it won't be "historically accurat" anyways, then why not keep it with the 3x2 configuration, and give it (much)better gun arcs.

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
3 minutes ago, Bald_Rookie said:

If i understand this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Cossack_(F03) ) right, then HMS Cossack never had the 3x2 configuration, but had 4x2 configuration until it was sunk in October 1941. I can see that it (maybe) would be (a little bit) OP with 4x2, but if it won't be "historically accurat" anyways, then why not keep it with the 3x2 configuration, and give it (much)better gun arcs.

No she did get the 100mm"s

ww2dbaseOn the 13th April 1940, Cossack took part in the heroic 2nd battle of Narvik, but suffered serious damage in this engagement and ran aground. She did not get underway again until the following dawn, making a slow return to Portsmouth, arriving there on the 30th April. During the repairs X turret was replaced by twin 4 in AA guns; the Norwegian campaign having revealed the vulnerability of British Destroyers to air attack.

https://ww2db.com/ship_spec.php?ship_id=383

• Cool 1

410 posts
3,603 battles

Here's to hoping the royal navy doesn't get a third line based on gimmicks. Quite honestly though, I'd rather they release slightly UP premiums than ships like the Kidd (which should have never made it into the game the way it did).

2,728 posts
6,503 battles
14 hours ago, DJ_Die said:

Actually even non-Brits understand. Tribals were damn fine DDs. I just hope the class makes it into the regular DD tree. 

To be honest I don't think the Tribals are a good candidate for the regular line. 1 x 4 just doesn't cut it and it would'nt fit in well with the likely flavour of the rest of the line.

227 posts
5,164 battles
9 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

It is definitively not easy to satisfy the community.

People make posts about power creep and how premium ships get stronger and stronger and surpass their silver counterparts at every opportunity, yet as soon as a premium ship does not excel in his early development stage they cry for buffs because "Else I won't buy that".

We all know what kind of tools WG uses to make small belance changes.

Reveal hidden contents

KV_App_Solutions_solve_challenges_of_hea

So why don't we wait what happens. And even if the Cossack stays meh (from the perspective of some players), is that really a bad thing? Good old times when premium ships where supposed to accelerate captain's training and have a higher income than silver ships in exchange for being slightly worse or at least different from their respective silver counterparts.

I made the comment earlier about Tribals being Tier VI.5 and I think that holds water, still - they're destroyer leaders, super light cruisers, almost, and not going to be a comfortable fit for classic destroyer play. Cossack should be given her original gun configuration back, given some nimble handling characteristics and left to be played more like a Caledon than a normal DD - those rearward facing torp angles would make for an excellent hit and run ship, if she can spit out 8k torps in directions other ships can't (and won't expect) then she might be more useful in a knife fight than others might think. 

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
8 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

To be honest I don't think the Tribals are a good candidate for the regular line. 1 x 4 just doesn't cut it and it would'nt fit in well with the likely flavour of the rest of the line.

They managed it with the Akizuki.. but that said maybe thats why we get Cossack as a prem. It would be difficult to explain why there is a RN DD line with out the most famous class of RN DD in game as tech tree or prem

79 posts
2,738 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

The UK DD tree is huge, and the UK Tribals will be hard to place with their terrible AA and torpedoes. 

With Gallant at 6, a similar period pre-war DD or later war production DD (OPQ) could fill that slot in the tree. K class at 7, M class at 8, Battle at 9 and Daring at 10. 

Tribals could be tier 7 UK or tier 8 if Canadian/Australian. There is also the Australian N class and 4x2 4"DP L class to fill potential holes or as premiiums. 

Detection is fine, the torpedoes historical, the 2x4" DP could be a quite effective secondary and AA useful. Give it a 60 second reload on torpedoes and maybe hydro to make it special. 

1,951 posts
12,889 battles
9 hours ago, iJoby said:

"A cheap knockoff version of an excellent ship" quoted by Flamu, I totally agree

Excellent doesn't come close, check out the recent stats for all destroyers.

usAYRUo.png

Competent players finished the Gadjah grind very quickly (it used to be over 60% WR and 50k+ average damage) but it's still out performing most destroyers in the game. All tier 7 destroyers are absolute garbage compared to it.

Cossack has a 6km surface detection and the highest DPM/fire chance of the tier. Maybe real the problem is people not understanding how vision/spotting works in this game? Why didn't Noster use RL and go around wiping out the other destroyers rather than sailing it like a Cleveland? Who knows....