You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

HMS Cossack

119 comments in this topic

604 posts
2,000 battles

This is the reason why WG produce Wonder-boats there under immense pressure to improve ships that both people and CCs think are rubbish there eager for sales so we end up with unbalanced boats and a heap of threads on the forums...

The Roma Whining is a prime example.

[OGHF] Cyclops_
290 posts
7,157 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

None ... and I mean NONE is better than my baby !!!!

I will just leave this here.

674 posts
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Because she is a Tribal.. Any Brits will understand....... All Boys Comics in uk that had Royal navy stories had Tribals. Tribal probably the most famous DD class RN ever launched

Indeed so WG better not bugger it up.

• Cool 2

[H_FAN] Gnirf
1,429 posts
16,208 battles

Well about the version of Cossack (tribalclass) with 3x2 + 1x2 Sec, Do not forget that we have a RN DD line approaching, the version with 4x2 might be in tech tree or vice versa, so for me personally I am quite cool.

[WG-EU] MrConway
1,136 posts
1,739 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Mmmm Notser is not impressed

@MrConway @Tuccy

She is in the configuration of post second battle of Navick.

If we are going to keep her with no torpedo boost and the standard Smoke. Maybe we could get her as she was during the Altmark incident and second battle of Navick so 2x4 120mm guns or maybe a reduction in torpedo reload or torpedo boost consumable

The guns are more accurate than Gadjah Mada but apart from that are exactly the same.

As for torps 

Cossack has 4 torps every 96 seconds Gadjah Mada has 10 every 120 secs

Reveal hidden contents

Owww and one other thing

WHERE IS THE BLOOMING T61

As he does mention, the ship is still very much work in progress. We're not interested in releasing a ship so under-powered that it is useless, so it will likely see changes and further testing.

In addition to watching our contributor's videos, they all get the chance to leave feedback for the ships with us directly, so we are aware of the issues here :)

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
6 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Well about the version of Cossack (tribalclass) with 3x2 + 1x2 Sec, Do not forget that we have a RN DD line approaching, the version with 4x2 might be in tech tree or vice versa, so for me personally I am quite cool.

I want a canadian Prem Tribal. The Canadians had Tribals with 2x4 100mm

• Cool 1

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
Just now, MrConway said:

As he does mention the ship is still very much work in progress, we're not interested in releasing a ship so under-powered that it is useless, so it will likely see changes and further testing.

In addition to watching our contributor's videos, they all get the chance to leave feedback for the ships with us directly, so we are aware of the issues here :)

Just making sure.. Ow and putting my 2 pennies in.................... :Smile_hiding:

Ow and @MrConway and @Tuccy you both replied (much appreciated) but no comment on Question.....

Where is the Blooming T61  :Smile_izmena:

[WG-EU] MrConway
1,136 posts
1,739 battles
5 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Just making sure.. Ow and putting my 2 pennies in.................... :Smile_hiding:

Ow and @MrConway and @Tuccy you both replied (much appreciated) but no comment on Question.....

Where is the Blooming T61  :Smile_izmena:

It is waiting for an opportune moment to pounce on your unsuspecting wallet. :cap_money:

• Funny 3

[FPEU] rvfharrier
696 posts
3,268 battles
17 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I think it's quite likely we could see a similar situation to the US DDs whereby you can choose between a 4 x 2 4.7" hull or  3 x 2 but with DFAA instead of speed boost.

805 posts
4,789 battles
2 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Do not forget that she is still in the tests (actually first Live test right now) - so we will for sure have a look at the stats and feedback. 

As for the configuration, yes, the Norway and esp. Dunkirk and Mediterranean convinced the Royal Navy that 4.7" guns with 40°elevation and no HACS cannot really be called "Dual Purpose". As a bonus Cossack is currently one of the few DDs with secondaries ;)

In any case let's see how she changes

I feel sorry for this lad. I mean I'm sure he really wanted to say " look chaps, this ship is crap at the moment but I know that. the guys are looking Into it, maybe, might be, don't know really".

"It has secondaries" I bet he said that through a nervous laugh :Smile_Default::Smile_hiding:. Has ball pointing that selling point out.Lol

Not having a go but it does make you laugh.

Let's not mess around and give it 2x4 guns for a start for god sake and the HP to go with it.. Its a hardy gun ship that often worked on its tod, represent that.  It always had 4 torps launchers so fine, its not a torpedo boat. Its a gun ship. Make it that way and stop messing around.

The Tribal class is THE British dd. Don't wreck it like this. I'm not a dd player but really want this ship but not if WG don't pull their finger out. 

Although 2x4 could be in the silver line..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
6 minutes ago, MrConway said:

It is waiting for an opportune moment to pounce on your unsuspecting wallet. :cap_money:

Trust me darling my wallet is prepared.. But this time i have a lovely Super tester on a promise..He loves Italian Ladys so I got him the Roma..I love my German Dirndl wearing Girls so he gets me the T61..... This time wallet stays in my pocket

500_F_40706983_rjJYfxXcL5bzx8hrkocMd6JgN4K4KBR2.jpg.a2aad0d01e85313fdc13108d4679e2b2.jpg

• Cool 1

[HAERT] BeauNidl3
577 posts
4 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I had intended to buy the damn thing for my Birthday in November, still waiting....

Stop releasing BB's for a bit and let us have the KM DD premium many have wanted for a long time.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE] Verblonde
429 posts
2,353 battles
32 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

I want a canadian Prem Tribal. The Canadians had Tribals with 2x4 100mm

This. I have the Haida parked twenty minutes down the road from me - she really is rather lovely...

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

This. I have the Haida parked twenty minutes down the road from me - she really is rather lovely...

Pics please will swap for pics of Belfast and Błyskawica......

[SM0KE] Verblonde
429 posts
2,353 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

I'll have a rummage in my hard drive when I get home.

Sadly, I haven't been on her yet (due to a colossal lack of fore-thought, and being side-tracked by some necessary landscape photography, I arrived two minutes after closing time!); an egregious omission that I mean to remedy once it warms up a bit...

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Sadly, I haven't been on her yet (due to a colossal lack of fore-thought, and being side-tracked by some necessary landscape photography, I arrived two minutes after closing time!); an egregious omission that I mean to remedy once it warms up a bit...

what Camara U have? I have Canon 6D

[SM0KE] Verblonde
429 posts
2,353 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

At the time, I was running a D7000; recently upgraded to a D500.

I think the shots I took back then are a bit vanilla; need to go back and do a better job...!

[SCRUB] robihr
2,722 posts
7,868 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

That was Quick.. Completely understand she is still in Dev.. so best time to comment..

Just to be clear.. she is a Tribal she will be joining the 43(14 prem) DDs I have in port. would just like her to be a little better......:Smile_honoring:

so more dd to eat torps with? :Smile_trollface:

713 posts
1,675 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

As he does mention, the ship is still very much work in progress. We're not interested in releasing a ship so under-powered that it is useless, so it will likely see changes and further testing.

Tbh, as I said on twitter, the easiest way to improve her is most likely to give her back the fourth 120mm double.

Not like aa was ever that good on the Tribals to begin with, anyway..

Also, as a side note, I do belive Cossack was lost before they did that refit.

[SCRUB] robihr
2,722 posts
7,868 battles
42 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

38 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

35 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

31 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

At the time, I was running a D7000; recently upgraded to a D500.

I think the shots I took back then are a bit vanilla; need to go back and do a better job...!

stop pls.. this is a pg13 forum:Smile_child:

227 posts
5,164 battles

am I doing it wrong whereby I spend most of my time in DDs with the AA and secondaries silent, so as to avoid being spotted from the moon?

You and I both, and that's how it works in WoWs. Unless they've got a Narvik or Med game mod up their sleeves that's how it will continue to work, too. The wartime AA mods to the Tribals (intended to repel planes specifically targeting DDs) don't make much sense in this game, unless they intend to make it a squadron-shredder (which wouldn't be popular). And re: the Canuck Tribals - didn't they only have main guns at the front for just that reason? 

Cossack should really have those 4x2 4.7 turrets and fewer torps than Gadja Mada but I think she's always going to feel like a Tier VI.5 the way that WG have done their Premiums. If Gallant (G/H) is VI and Gadja Mada (J/K/N) is VII then they are going to have to think very hard about how to balance and position the ship without making it appear too weak.

[YEEET] triumphgt6
1,030 posts
9,293 battles

I have a picture of the Canadian Tribal though I thought it was in Toronto ! I am sure that is where i saw it in 1982. I will dig out the picture!

• Cool 1