You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

HMS Cossack

119 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles

Mmmm Notser is not impressed

@MrConway @Tuccy

She is in the configuration of post second battle of Navick.

If we are going to keep her with no torpedo boost and the standard Smoke. Maybe we could get her as she was during the Altmark incident and second battle of Navick so 2x4 120mm guns or maybe a reduction in torpedo reload or torpedo boost consumable

The guns are more accurate than Gadjah Mada but apart from that are exactly the same.

As for torps 

Cossack has 4 torps every 96 seconds Gadjah Mada has 10 every 120 secs

Spoiler

Owww and one other thing

WHERE IS THE BLOOMING T61

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,663 posts
7,200 battles

I like his POV on the ship.

Spoiler

Btw ... I asked about T61 on WoWS stream ... @Sub_Octavian, @Crysantos and @Tuccy were pretty mysterious ... all they said was ... it exists and giggled a bit. I hope that is not bad news.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,187 posts
5,583 battles

From what ive seen i think its a pretty bad ship as of now.

Bad gun arcs, shitty torps... Why buy/play it?

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

From what ive seen i think its a pretty bad ship as of now.

Bad gun arcs, shitty torps... Why buy/play it?

Because she is a Tribal.. Any Brits will understand....... All Boys Comics in uk that had Royal navy stories had Tribals. Tribal probably the most famous DD class RN ever launched

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
5 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I like his POV on the ship.

Reveal hidden contents

Btw ... I asked about T61 on WoWS stream ... Suboctavian, Crisantos and Tuccy were pretty mysterious ... all they said was ... it exists.

MMM my issue with Flamu is i have not agreed with most of his DD reviews. Many DDs he has said are crap turned out good. But he may just be correct this time

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,867 posts
10,356 battles

Hey Wargaming, I own the Gadjah Mada, why should I give you any money for a clone-ship that is worse in every category?

Do you think I'm stupid? Rhetorical question.

The Tribal class premium should have the early war 4x2 gun setup with good arcs, otherwise it will be a joke compare with silver ships like the Madah or ships like the Blyska.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,383 posts
5,917 battles

Do not forget that she is still in the tests (actually first Live test right now) - so we will for sure have a look at the stats and feedback. 

As for the configuration, yes, the Norway and esp. Dunkirk and Mediterranean convinced the Royal Navy that 4.7" guns with 40°elevation and no HACS cannot really be called "Dual Purpose". As a bonus Cossack is currently one of the few DDs with secondaries ;)

In any case let's see how she changes :)

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Concealment, 6.0 I was seeing on streams, is excellent and the health is good for its tier but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have much else going for it. Might be able to tolerate those turret angles if it had a fourth 4.7" turret, but a little worried about it as it is now. Don't think it's quite as world-endingly awful as some CCs are making it out to be, but could do with a little love. At the very least DFAA if it's going to have one of the 4.7" turrets replaced with a 4" which, in real life, was for the purposes of improving its AA.

I may be biased being British and having been waiting for a Tribal class DD in the game for 3 years, however!

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,383 posts
5,917 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Hey Wargaming, I own the Gadjah Mada, why should I give you any money for a clone-ship that is worse in every category?

The Tribal class premium should have the early war 4x2 gun setup with good arcs, otherwise it will be a joke compare with silver ships like the Madah or ships like the Blyska.

Because... Gadjah Mada cannot fly the Royal Navy ensign and train Royal navy captains? :)

Gun arcs are a problematic thing, as they generally face the issue of actual ship design - the limits are there not to bump into superstructure etc.- while we can do something if the obstructions are boats etc., it is kinda hard to cut away aft deckhouse. 

Then again, as said above, she¨s early in the tests, we shall see :)

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
Just now, Tuccy said:

Do not forget that she is still in the tests (actually first Live test right now) - so we will for sure have a look at the stats and feedback. 

As for the configuration, yes, the Norway and esp. Dunkirk and Mediterranean convinced the Royal Navy that 4.7" guns with 40°elevation and no HACS cannot really be called "Dual Purpose". As a bonus Cossack is currently one of the few DDs with secondaries ;)

In any case let's see how she changes :)

That was Quick.. Completely understand she is still in Dev.. so best time to comment..

Just to be clear.. she is a Tribal she will be joining the 43(14 prem) DDs I have in port. would just like her to be a little better......:Smile_honoring:

[BYOB]
Players
2,867 posts
10,356 battles
2 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

doesn't seem to have much else going for it

Which is a horrible thing for a premium ship at T7, because you have so many good ships at this tier like the Maas, Blyska, Leningrad. The competition is stiff so just having decent health and concealment is not enough for a premium ship. It would for a silver one though.

2 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Gadjah Mada cannot fly the Royal Navy ensign and train Royal navy captains? :)

That's an incredibly weak argument. The flag flown from the mast is irrelevant if the ship is bad, especially a ship people have to pay real money for.

So instead of a fanboy argument, WG might be well advised to rework that ship from the keel up.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

She aint a Clone the Gadjah Mada is an N class DD. HMS Cossack is a Tribal as you said.. 

Unfortunately @Tuccy is correct she has a white Ensign... and she is a DD..IM sold

I know I know I am not helping......

Players
2,367 posts
15,251 battles

Gadjah Mada is one of the most overpowered ships in the the game, I'd rank it higher than Belfast and Kamikaze. It's literally better than every tier 8 DD even without tier 8 equipment, how messed up is that?

Cossack is fine, although I'd give it a heal to keep it relevant once you beat up the other DDs.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,089 posts
15,733 battles

Watched Flamu on Twitch playing it and all three videos and she seems bad in every single way. Horrible gun arcs, one torpedo launcher with just 4 torps also with horrible arcs, bad smoke ... And somebody thought that is a good idea to give it a choice between single and wide spread WITH JUST ONE TORPEDO LAUNCHER OF 4 TOPRS!  And while I can understand why they give it a torpedo reload time of 96s as it is consistent with Gallant, I can't understand how anybody in WG can think that 68s reload time for double quadruple torpedo launcher of T-61 is balanced at T6 same as 96s on one quadruple launcher at T7.

I hope that WG won't try to balance it with consumables on the same way as they did for Huang He but I don't see any other way to improve her. I thought that 4x2 configuration would be too strong at T7 but now, whit this torps and firing angles, I don't think so. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
1 minute ago, creamgravy said:

Gadjah Mada is one of the most overpowered ships in the the game, I'd rank it higher than Belfast and Kamikaze. It's literally better than every tier 8 DD even without tier 8 equipment, how messed up is that?

Better than Kamakaze..... Pushing it a bit there old chap.  :Smile_hiding: But indeed Gadjah Mada is a fantastic ship

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,089 posts
15,733 battles
1 minute ago, creamgravy said:

Somehow I still expecting to see J/K/N class DD at T8 in the RN dd line with regular torps. With exception of Akizuki I never had problem dealing with T8 ships in Gadjah Mada. With regular torps it would be even stronger.

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

As it stand much though I really like DD's and I'm a Brit who would like a Tribal I certainly won't part with money for it unless it's greatly improved.

It's certainly not a torpedo boat, the guns look uninspiring and gunboat DD survive-ability is poor and high risk so it brings nothing to the table other than being an RN DD.

Having a couple of secondaries is pretty much meaningless as it means you just do 200 damage as you die.

Pass. 

[SCRUB]
Players
687 posts
7,246 battles
16 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Because she is a Tribal.. Any Brits will understand....... All Boys Comics in uk that had Royal navy stories had Tribals. Tribal probably the most famous DD class RN ever launched

Actually even non-Brits understand. Tribals were damn fine DDs. I just hope the class makes it into the regular DD tree. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,663 posts
7,200 battles
6 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Better than Kamakaze..... Pushing it a bit there old chap.  :Smile_hiding: But indeed Gadjah Mada is a fantastic ship

None ... and I mean NONE is better than my baby !!!!

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,707 posts
7,537 battles
17 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Which is a horrible thing for a premium ship at T7, because you have so many good ships at this tier like the Maas, Blyska, Leningrad. The competition is stiff so just having decent health and concealment is not enough for a premium ship. It would for a silver one though.

That's an incredibly weak argument. The flag flown from the mast is irrelevant if the ship is bad, especially a ship people have to pay real money for.

So instead of a fanboy argument, WG might be well advised to rework that ship from the keel up.

so... now you're complaining about not being made to spend your money? eh... first world problems much? You dont have to buy a ship that you dont see any reason to buy you know, and I for one would rather have a Cossack added to the game that I see no reason to buy because it doesnt impress me (which is currently the case, I'd leave her to the collectors and enthusiasts and call it good) than getting another Belfast that would flood the matchmaking because everyone would jump on the new most powerful thing with some ridiculous gimmick that makes playing against it a total pain. No thank you, we've got enough Belfasts and Missouris making life as a DD a misery - give me an underpowered Cossack instead any day of the week.

Not that I wouldn't like seeing a solid, fun and balanced Cossack as the first of the legendary Tribals in the game, but balanced is the key part of that statement, and that's not always as easy to achieve within the vague bounds that history puts on ship design (like gun arcs in this case -- major turnoff on any ship for me, probably the main reason I dont like the Kurfürst as much...)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
199 posts
4,660 battles

I hope by the time of release she'd actually in a good state, I'd rather like to own a Tribal class premium, I wouldn't ind seeing a more German destroyer tier reload speed for her single torp launcher, considering its flaws, along with the narrow/single option instead of this useless wide/single. We'll have to see how it pans out though, hopefully it doesn't wind up being a gimick where she just gets more consumables stacked on her.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,861 posts
5,303 battles

Re: the point about secondaries being a good thing on this boat - am I doing it wrong whereby I spend most of my time in DDs with the AA and secondaries silent, so as to avoid being spotted from the moon?

Would secondaries not, even if they were lethal, rather defeat a lot of the point of a DD?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
41 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

so... now you're complaining about not being made to spend your money? eh... first world problems much? You dont have to buy a ship that you dont see any reason to buy you know, and I for one would rather have a Cossack added to the game that I see no reason to buy because it doesnt impress me (which is currently the case, I'd leave her to the collectors and enthusiasts and call it good) than getting another Belfast that would flood the matchmaking because everyone would jump on the new most powerful thing with some ridiculous gimmick that makes playing against it a total pain. No thank you, we've got enough Belfasts and Missouris making life as a DD a misery - give me an underpowered Cossack instead any day of the week.

Not that I wouldn't like seeing a solid, fun and balanced Cossack as the first of the legendary Tribals in the game, but balanced is the key part of that statement, and that's not always as easy to achieve within the vague bounds that history puts on ship design (like gun arcs in this case -- major turnoff on any ship for me, probably the main reason I dont like the Kurfürst as much...)

agread i don't want her to be OP..

Saying that just been in div with a supertester in Cossack he is not a DD player,

Team score

Win

1st place  Gadjah Mada 1661XP

2st place  Błyskawica 1623XP (me)

4th place  Cossack 1016XP (Div Mate)

So she can work

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,636 posts
6,853 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

@MrConway
@Tuccy

The guns are more accurate than Gadjah Mada but apart from that are exactly the same.

Reveal hidden contents

WHERE IS THE BLOOMING T61

Not actually as the turret covered arcs on the Gadja Mada are superb and they are shite on Cossack.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
Just now, Hedgehog1963 said:

Not actually as the turret covered arcs on the Gadja Mada are superb and they are shite on Cossack.

was just meaning performance. But yes gun archs have issues

• Cool 1