Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

WG removed credits from supercontainers

57 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,181 posts
9,335 battles

Because they said players don't feel they're worth it.

So why can we still get useless crap like this?

shot-18.01.22_14.36.07-0990.jpg

No use whatsoever for this upgrade and it's even worth less than the lowest possible credit supercontainers if you'd want to sell it.

I now have six of those turds sitting in my inventory, alongside six of the equally crap spotter plan modification. I used to get excited whenever I get Supercontainers, but ever since those special modifications got introduced into the SC prize pool all I get are those useless DCP and Spotter plane modifcations.

So, if WG can remove unrewarding prizes from the pool, how about axing those two speshul modifications until they're changed to be actually useful?

Or perhaps, just perhaps, change the entire SC reward process so that instead of getting a random modifcation, you get a token to spend on one that you actually want? Or let people exchange those they have?

Because seriously, whever I get a SC now it's just "oh look, another one of these ..." and I'd rather want a standard container with useful signal flags.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

Players
474 posts
5,122 battles

Yesterday from 2 of Yamamotos I got 30 d premium from first and than 7 day from second - It was just after I announced in clan Chat that I hate game and state of the game ATM and that I will live game after my 20 days of premium are gone, and now I got 57 days - don't know what to say ..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,951 posts
6,927 battles
14 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

spotter plan modification

I could buy one of these from your inventory. Is 10 million enough? :Smile-_tongue:

Spoiler

9c9.png

:Smile_trollface:

[HEROZ]
Players
614 posts
5,943 battles

Upgrades arent useless. Take musashi for example. With +40% action time to plane it becomes good for spotting dds, torps, and 2 extra salvos with overwiew view. Radar also is great. Now when i get supercontainer i am not hoping for flags or ship but sonar upgrade for my cruiser. They feel worse if one doesnt use them, but if one knows their value they are good.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,181 posts
9,335 battles
6 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

Upgrades arent useless. Take musashi for example. With +40% action time to plane it becomes good for spotting dds, torps, and 2 extra salvos with overwiew view.

Except the topdown perspective makes shooting at targets within your standard range more difficult. If one could choose between normal gunnery view and the topdown perspective perhaps ...

And I wasn't talking about the Surveillance Radar upgrade. I'd love to get that. If you have a spare one I'd trade you all my six Spotter Plane modifications for it.

• Cool 3

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
13 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

Upgrades arent useless. Take musashi for example. With +40% action time to plane it becomes good for spotting dds, torps, and 2 extra salvos with overwiew view. Radar also is great. Now when i get supercontainer i am not hoping for flags or ship but sonar upgrade for my cruiser. They feel worse if one doesnt use them, but if one knows their value they are good.

there are only 2 useful upgrades.. radar and hydro. smoke one is only useful on perth and rest are useless...

• Cool 2

Players
474 posts
5,122 battles
5 minutes ago, robihr said:

there are only 2 useful upgrades.. radar and hydro. smoke one is only useful on perth and rest are useless...

Yup - WG should modify that upgrade, radar and hydro are great and are big improvement and the rest are not for SC - they are 500.000 cre. worth trash...

[HEROZ]
Players
614 posts
5,943 battles

Hellhound, I have got 2 this year already. Dragon flags and spotter. Last year i ot atlanta from supercontainer and fell in love with it. It is so annoying to bbs. My karma took a nosedive since then but its wort it. From premium ships i would like only one (sharnhorst) but its o specyfic to even hope for. I remember i have got at the beginning 20 mil, 10 mil and 5 mill within 2 weeks. That was overkill. Bought both yama and kurfurst then.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,181 posts
9,335 battles
1 minute ago, robihr said:

I'd say only Engine Boost and Surveillane Radar counts.

Defensive AA is also useful on a small, select number of ships (essentially all DDs with the Defensive AA consumable, gives a player more time to deter a CV strike and either flee towards friendly AA or give the allied CV more time to intercept the strike).

Hydro is occupying the valuable second upgrade slot and quite frankly there's few situations where having a longer hydro duration is actually necessary or even wanted (I for example don't use the hydro mod on my german DDs because it would desync horribly with the smoke cooldown, nor would I want give up 20% AA range on my cruisers).

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I'd say only Engine Boost and Surveillane Radar counts.

Defensive AA is also useful on a small, select number of ships (essentially all DDs with the Defensive AA consumable, gives a player more time to deter a CV strike and either flee towards friendly AA or give the allied CV more time to intercept the strike).

Hydro is occupying the valuable second upgrade slot and quite frankly there's few situations where having a longer hydro duration is actually necessary or even wanted (I for example don't use the hydro mod on my german DDs because it would desync horribly with the smoke cooldown, nor would I want give up 20% AA range on my cruisers).

ye forgot engine boost. i found hydro very useful on my loyang and think that may be useful on german dd. but radar is definitely best upgrade.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,950 posts
6,633 battles

DCP upgrade isn't bad at all... It depends on the ship you use it. Stick it on a Montana and enjoy almost 30 seconds of no fire nor flood.

And it takes the first slot, which you shouldn't care much about since losing turrets on Montana is very rare.

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Well. I am almost always hoping for credits since I'm grinding several lines and don't run prem acc.

As others have said, some modules are useful, but those tend to be rare (thankfully I got one speed boost mod for shima). Let's just say scs feel quite a bit less super compared to when they were introduced. 

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

Removal of credit SC was a wise move for WG (from their point of view of course).

Without premium account (and i think there are a lot of people who, like me, don't use it) credits are the biggest issue in this game.

If you play a lot of different lines and do not want to sell previous ships, you're in constant need of credits.

I just bought Missouri, and i have to buy Moskva Hiryu and Gneisenau. IF you add modules we are at almost 40 millions silver. I am starting to play my premiums more, but a 5 or 10 million container would be really useful, way more than even a radar upgrade for my Moskva.

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Weekend Tester
747 posts
4,977 battles

For new player's aspect, supercontainer credits are worth but not for old time players who have all ships.

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
46 minutes ago, Cime said:

Yup - WG should modify that upgrade, radar and hydro are great and are big improvement and the rest are not for SC - they are 500.000 cre. worth trash...

I don't agree. I've used a speedboost and a smoke upgrade on my Farragut and I liked them!

I'm now using a speed boost module on the tier 6 French cruiser and I think it's very useful.

The spotter plane and the repair one I don't know what these have for intended use.

I don't think the spotter plane module is useless by itself but it's what I have to replace it with.

Players
2,152 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Because they said players don't feel they're worth it.

Better to get credits then this useless modules.

They should remove modules from SC's, not credits.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,218 posts
5,612 battles
11 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

The spotter plane and the repair one I don't know what these have for intended use.

I don't think the spotter plane module is useless by itself but it's what I have to replace it with.

I use the Spotter plane mod on Hindenburg - combined with Reload mod u get decent range especially in the early game and a faster reload.

Also its nice against smoked up RN Cruiser, which Hindenburg can eat for breakfast anyway. And what do i lose? Damage Control System Modification 1 is not that awesome for Cruisers, i understand it for BBs... and I dont have problems losing Engine/Rudder on Hindenburg.

Got 2 SCs in a row saturday/sunday, first one was 25 Wyvern flags... imo even more useless than all upgrades. Second one was 50k FreeXP, dont need them either currently :Smile_sad:

Players
2,695 posts
15,093 battles

Removing credits from super containers was good!

now only thing they need to do is making special modules convertible,

into a special mod of your choosing at either 2:1 or 3:1

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
8,812 battles

Credits containers.. nah. We can grind that stuff, not an issue. I won't miss them. Those mods though, there's only a select few actually useful. The others should not just be removed from containers but from the game itself. One thing I noticed, though, is that recently I've been getting 75k credit drops out of normal containers. Given that this is barely a fraction of what I normally make in a high tier battle, I find it to be a fairly bad and useless drop. I wouldn't mind if that went away either.

That being said, sometimes you feel like you never get anything good out of sc's but sooner or later your luck will change. My recent drops include 30 days of premium, then 14, then I finished a Yamamoto campaign mission and had two SC's; was already prepared for useless mods and maybe 50 semi useful camos or something. Instead, I dropped 50k freexp from one and a Duca d'Aosta + 10pt captain from the other. First ever SC ship drop for me (not counting the Alabama out of a christmas box, which was another really nice drop) and it's a fun ship so I'm quite happy with that. I've heard people claim that guaranteed supercontainers (yamamoto campaign rewards and such) are rigged but I can confirm they are not - you can get ships and other really nice things out of them. It's all just rng.

[BIA]
Alpha Tester
1,583 posts
4,985 battles

But credits were the most useless crap from super containers. It was a good idea to remove it.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,181 posts
9,335 battles
8 minutes ago, CerVus said:

But credits were the most useless crap from super containers. It was a good idea to remove it.

Did I say it wasn't?

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
8,812 battles
8 minutes ago, CerVus said:

QFT. Now get rid of 75k drops out of normal ones too. Funny thing is these started to drop for me regularly ever since I got the Missouri. I feel like I'm being trolled here :D

[ADRIA]
Players
3,842 posts
6,560 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Except the topdown perspective makes shooting at targets within your standard range more difficult.

Practice and crosshair selection. If you run standard - go for the one with additional angled lines, even at elevated view you'll have an obvious  line to lead the target by

I'm considering mounting SpotAcftMod on my NC, and probably will do on Iowa and Montana aswell - so much easier to shoot over islands

Sign in to follow this