Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snufnu

Stop abuse and bullying DD commanders!

13 comments in this topic

[SBS]
[SBS]
Players
4 posts

Most people are friendly intelligent players but unfortunately an increasing number of players are becoming extremely abusive and threating to report DD players including myself if we refuse to rush of at start of battle and cap.  It makes no tactical sense to rush in and cap an area we can not hold or charging into overwhelming enemy forces for a quick death.  I am willing cap an area if possible and have support from my team but DD are also good for stalking around islands and sneak attacks. I get that some people are not tactical in their thinking and only know how to play in a certain way but it is not ok to boss and bully others with abuse it shows up their own limited thinking and intellect and spoils the game for everyone else. I doubt those responsible will even read this and mostly I ignore them but I had to vent after horrific game last night! 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles

Without going any deeper, but I think you might have to work on your practical application of tactics yourself.

[SBS]
[SBS]
Players
4 posts

I don't have time or energy to go into the many different tactic's that can be applied or some of excellent players that have used them and been a privilege to play with and against.

My point which you clearly missed is whatever your views or opinions it is NOT acceptable to be abusive or issue threats to other people and maybe sometimes other people have other ways of playing which can be effective if you give them a chance.  I shall continue to play and ignore the bully's and people who reply with nothing of any consequence to say.       

Players
204 posts
321 battles
On 2017-09-21 at 2:26 PM, mtm78 said:

You can disable chat but you need to do so for every single battle. 

Press enter to get the chat window active, there should be a little cross on top right corner where you can close it.

There is also a no chat mod I think in Aslain's at least ( been a long time but I think there was ), might be in WG Modpack as well but I actually am pretty sure I didn't see it there. 

Here you go. No one has time for chat in a FPS games, it's just due WoWs being slow and people hawing to much time. Pings should suifice. WG should really indroduce the option to dissable chat in the setup meniu.

And if you are really confident at sealcobing, it's best to leave it on just for the salt.

TL:DR

Spoiler

1345689959456_2738233.png861f4e729ec9ea989c6769d8162e1f402ec8abc1

Spoiler

DD doing a full circle:

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles

Rest assured I have not missed the point. I understand what you're saying and agree with the fundamental sentiment 100%.

What I'm less sure about is if you've told us the whole story or alternatively that people reporting you for not rushing into a cap recklessly are perhaps people who're asking you to do the right thing and you just think it's being reckless. As such refusing to do so and lowering your team's chances at victory is quite the trigger for people to become rapidly frustrated.

I'll be candid if you don't mind and please don't understand this the wrong way because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here:

I've taken a glance over your profile and your play stats and you have very low average damage and survival rates in your ships. You're doing something wrong. Low damage and low survivabilty typically means that you in fact do rush in recklessly and then die before you can help much, but if I were to believe your original comment about not wanting to do so I'd rather guess that you are playing too passively where you can do little help and then end up getting hunted down as the match spirals into a defeat.

Contesting capture zones at the start of a match is crucial. Not doing so an easy way to lose.

What I'm trying to say here is that what you currently believe to be reckless may in fact not be for someone else. And that someone else sees you not doing what he thinks needs be done. You might in fact be wrong with your tactical judgement and he might be right. And as I said, you must be doing a couple things wrong or your stats would paint a different picture. Reflect, try different tactics. Watch some Youtube guides (they helped me a great deal!), iChaseGaming has a couple neat guides that cover the fundamentals.

There's always going to be some idiots raging at you for no reason. But you'll find that you'll get a lot less raged at when you play well.

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
334 posts
15,565 battles

after 130 battles in rank u are rank 14..maybe its time to reconsider your dd tactics just saying....

Players
522 posts
5,289 battles

What about maps where DD's will be capping before their torps are loaded?
Is it fair to expect them to enter a cap, get spotted and pretty much deleted before a couple of minutes have passed?

They've achieved nothing, probably not spotted much, not fired their guns for fear of being spotted and still don't have torps to fire.
If DD's can't cap it out, there's little point them being xp fodder for the opposite team. Aren't they better not capping and spotting something?

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles
8 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

What about maps where DD's will be capping before their torps are loaded?
Is it fair to expect them to enter a cap, get spotted and pretty much deleted before a couple of minutes have passed?

DDs aren't that squishy. Barring running into a torpedo, catching an entire BB salvo or detonating DDs can weather being under fire until they get out of harms way (and smoking along with a full turn does wonders getting undetected very quickly), especially if they approached a cap prepared to leg it in the face of stiff opposition and wiggle that butt.

You'll take damage, but getting outright sunk is incredibly rare for someone who has a rough idea of what he's doing and when to fold it.

And even getting forced away from a cap due to overwhelming opposition is not boonless. If they could bring enough firepower to concentrate on a cap for you to nope the hell out of there, that's firepower they're lacking someplace else on the map. A DD can make the choice to relocate (especially easy for a DD since after the initial cap contestion brawl most enemy ships will have been spotted one way or the other so a good look on the minimap shows a quite accurate picture) to somewhere with less enemies, harass and slow with the enemy push with the threat of a DD's presence alone or relocate for a flanking position. Lots of enemy ships shooting at you also means a target rich environment after all.

The first dash to the caps is always a cat and mouse game where you never quite know if you're the mouse or not, you just have to make an educated guess about the threat potential:

What enemy DDs are there to compete against?

Are they in divisions (expect them to back each other up)?

Enemy radar cruisers?

Which nearest cap makes the most sense to play into your ships strengths and which are playing into the enemies'?

Etc. pp..

Obviously experience helps a great deal weighting those informations, but that experience has to come from somewhere. I personally recommend a more aggressive trial and error method. It's easier playing the objectives and failing to find out what doesn't work than playing around the objectives to find out how to make it work in safety.

People make mistakes anyway, might aswell make the big ones first, scratch them off the list and then work yourself down until the only ideas left are those that are proven to work. By the time you have a working starting strategy for your ships and the different maps and spawns you also have enough experience to improvise on the fly without making too many mistakes, ... or at the very least you've gotten enough practice in running away frantically that you're unlikely to get instagibbed outside of having extremely bad luck.

• Cool 3

Players
522 posts
5,289 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

for you to nope the hell out of there :Smile_teethhappy:

Enemy radar cruisers?
I am not alone in needing to go look at the wiki

People make mistakes anyway, might aswell make the big ones first, scratch them off the list and then work yourself down until the only ideas left are those that are proven to work. By the time you have a working starting strategy for your ships and the different maps and spawns you also have enough experience to improvise on the fly without making too many mistakes, ... or at the very least you've gotten enough practice in running away frantically that you're unlikely to get instagibbed outside of having extremely bad luck.

Wise words

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
956 posts
9,080 battles

Although I agree with the basics of not yoloing into a cap and immediately dying for nothing, there is more than 1 way to cap it. Almost all DDs run around the same concealment (exception of the Khaba ofc) and can contest caps. Some have ways to be super powerful in caps (tier 8+ German DD and Lo Yang with hydro for example).

However, if you are in a DD that could contest a cap, but lack the confidence to at least try then DD's really are not for you. Even if you try, recognise its not worth the trade and back off. The liklihood of you dying outright to a cap attempt is relatively low, and even on 50% HP a DD will still be a threat the the enemy team.

Too often DDs will immediately bail on a cap and chase BBs that are actively fleeing and lose the game because of it. Perhaps this is what your teams are suggesting.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

As an experienced DD player, I suggest the following,

Your duties as a destroyer captain are as follows:-

1. Play for the objective, that is to cap, scout, and sink enemy vessels.  Capping is your primary responsibility, as is staying alive. If you are attempting to cap, and the enemy destroyers are superior to you in either concealment or firepower, then care should be taken, and retreat as a means of survival considered. Also if the enemy has superior support, don't risk it, they'll know where you are (cap circle, hunt you and destroy you). In that case scout, fire torpedoes at targets of opportunity, or as area denial.

2. Stay alive. Your continued existence makes you a bigger threat, the more the game progresses.

3. Learn your concealment distances for your destroyers off by heart, learn your turning circles too. Its nice to get close, its nicer not to be spotted. So make that turn sooner rather than later.

4. Don't fire your guns if attempting to cap, your concealment disappears to max gun range, exception being from smoke or if the enemy is very low HP.

5. Don't sit in smoke when you know enemy destroyers or cruisers armed with torpedoes are in close proximity, smoke attracts torpedoes. Use your smoke to disengage or engage battleships when you know there are likely not to be torpedoes heading your way.

6. It is acceptable to skirt around a cap to take enemy capping destroyers by surprise, or by firing torpedoes at their unsuspecting support, as they expect the capping DD to spot any incoming torpedoes.

7. If you are with another DD, after your ship has fired its torpedoes, turn away!, clear the way for them to fire theirs!

8. If your torpedoes have caused flooding, and the ship has used its repair, try to get a fire on it, either with your guns or by highlighting it to your team as a priority target.

At the beginning of a game, you should try to cap, destroyers that don't even try are worthless, the exceptions noted above. Cowardice is not to be tolerated. As a DD captain you balance courage with pragmatism.

Sign in to follow this