Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skipper_Clement

Allow consumable to be fixed to keyboard keys

6 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
4,123 battles

I suggest making it possible to fix certain consumables to certain keybord keys. In this way I could choose to alwyas to have smoke on T, hydro acoustic on Y etc. This works fine in other games (with tanks and planes). I find it quit confusing that the different cosumables is not always on the same buttons and have often - in the heat of the battle - activated the wrong consumable, because the key was now associated with a different consumable than in the previous game.

Keep up the good work

Clement

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,911 posts
25,215 battles

I would advise you to check the keys for the ship you use before you set-off onto your battle.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,809 posts
6,533 battles
1 hour ago, iJoby said:

I would advise you to check the keys for the ship you use before you set-off onto your battle.

"Definitely helps", especially when I want to use the heal on my Atago and activate something else bcuz BBs have heal on a different key. Checking means nothing when it's basically muscle memory which keys do what for you

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,088 posts
4,832 battles

I agree with the OP...

That is annoying..

So, my RP on gneisenau is on mouse button 5.. and on my graf Spee it is on Mouse button 7... I cant change them..

After playing Gnei.. I dont know how many times I used hydro instead of RP.. panicking and hitting for the fighter aircraft after hydro and before RP is totally on my brainfart though!

• Cool 1

Modder, Beta Tester
3,692 posts
6,657 battles
58 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Still, this is no excuse at all for a developer to bind same consumables on different keys on different ships. Without even offer to change the keybindings! Sorry, that is just bad programming!

• Cool 6

Players
94 posts
678 battles

On Emerald and Leander, damage control is on R, repair party on T and smoke on U.

On Gallant, damage control is still on R, but smoke is moved to T, and then speed boost is on Y.

Can't count how many times I've hammered the U key in Gallant only for nothing to happen.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this