Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
it3llig3nc3

World of Warships BLITZ

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
614 posts
6,199 battles

I haven't found a topic about this - but if exists feel free to link it up.

https://wowsblitz.com/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wows-portal

Not really advertised but it seems that WG has launched the WoWs BLITZ mobile app game.

Having played a bit the main mechanics are similar to the normal game, but the upgrade, consumable and bonus system got altered significantly.

Just like with WoT Blitz you need a separate account, need to start from zero and need to pay for premium time separately.

One thing I like in the mobile version is that the player can manually use the secondary guns (switch between main / secondary) - this is kinda cool.

My biggest concern is that the prices in the mobile app are almost identical if not more expensive than in the PC version.

This is not what was the practice in WoT Blitz.

Add to this that the development XP requirement of the tech tree is the same as on PC it will take a lot of time to progress there as well...

I hope WG will fine-tune this system in the future.

Any other opinions?

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

Funny, they deny player controlled secondary guns to us since the earliest stages of developement, but come around with it right from the start in WoWs Blitz. It´s time they bring this to this game aswell...

[NED]
Players
4,073 posts
11,110 battles

sorry OP. lynch me publically but WB is really the utmost least of my interests in life. There is no way I'll ever play this game on my cellphone anytime sooner than "snakes" or tetris. And last mentioned will win it in a heartbeat. I love wows. Don't get me wrong. But Donkey Wongs?? Like hell I am!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,915 posts
14 hours ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Any other opinions?

Might have one as soon as WB gets released on my Nokia 6230i. :Smile_teethhappy:

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
14 hours ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Not really advertised but it seems that WG has launched the WoWs BLITZ

We've been around since 3rd February 2017! :Smile_trollface:

[XODUS]
Players
721 posts
3,907 battles

I quite like it actually, although yet to get my free aurora its a good game to play when waiting for my battleship's guns to finish reloading :-P 

of course joking, its good to play a quick game while i am waiting for elements of dinner to cook in the kitchen
find it somewhat confusing that the free aurora is based on completing BB & CV training.

XP gain seems very low and the cost of premiums and port slots seem way too high for a mobile game. 

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,530 battles
14 hours ago, Vaderan said:

Funny, they deny player controlled secondary guns to us since the earliest stages of developement, but come around with it right from the start in WoWs Blitz. It´s time they bring this to this game aswell...

Blitz version was not developed from scratch by WG. They bought a mobile chinese warships game already existing - you can find many similar clones. 

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles
54 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Blitz version was not developed from scratch by WG. They bought a mobile chinese warships game already existing - you can find many similar clones. 

Ok, didn´t know that. The looks of WoWs Blitz reminds me on Steel Ocean, which also had player controlled secondary guns. I played that game, once, but lost contact. Last thing i heared, was, that the publisher/company behind the game basically stopped working on it, because of internal differences. Is there any connection between Steel Ocean and WoWs Blitz then?

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,205 posts
6,771 battles

played a few games and its a nice simple enough game

very similar to wows in ships and tech tree lines

wouldn't spend any money on it though cos its crazy prices for anything

Beta Tester
614 posts
6,199 battles
18 hours ago, Vaderan said:

Well this is exactly what came to my mind.

I'm looking forward to learn how they managed to do the controls for the carriers in the mobile version - that must be interesting

3 hours ago, PseudoMi said:

I did not know that - however now that you mention I was kinda disappointed with the terrain graphics compared to the PC version - consider that I tried WoT Blitz and the graphics there at least reminded me to the PC version, but here...

now I understand why.

The ship models (player's ship) are still very good though....

Beta Tester
614 posts
6,199 battles

Hmmm... just noticed that this thread got moved to Off-topic. While it is of course not WoWs, but a closely related product that has no internet forum community presence.

Furthermore for World of Warships BLITZ the developers can only be reached though a Customer Service Ticket that is a very limited and unfriendly way to provide feedback.

My biggest dilemma with WoWs BLITZ is that while it is a nice alternative to play when there is no time to sit in front of a PC for a long battle, the business model, especially the pricing of Prem Ships is terribly bad.

Why would Prem Ships cost MORE in a mobile app, compared to the fully functional and more deeper PC version?

Add to this that WoWs BLITZ seems to be requiring an additional and separate premium time payment; Neither the PC account, NOR the World of Tanks BLITZ account is linked to World of Warships BLITZ in terms of premium time benefits.

Would be good to understand more about this game.

Players
3 posts
720 battles

Hi

I started playing this as my internet connection seems to struggle with the full game on pc and definitely cannot handle the frequent and large downloads that come with that. 

I really enjoy it but struggle with my fingers on the small screen. I have a games controller for it, but although it is set up for wot blitz, its not for the ship version.

I also have a cable that connects to my tv which is very useful, so can play on large screen. It would be nice as mentioned to have a forum

All in all, I would rather play the pc version, but this is a nice compromise for me with my crap internet.

Sign in to follow this