Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Underused builds and strategies?

12 comments in this topic

Question

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles

Despite data mining, supertesters and other experts on the game.. are there and skills, modules, strategies or things that you've included in the game and works well but are underused or not found out for some reason?

11 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles

Tank builds on BBs. Reduced R cooldown, reduced fire & flood time, stuff like that. Noone uses them bcuz "muh AR" "muh Vigilance" and "muh long range sniping = I no take hits"

I'd say those are pretty underused.

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Tank builds on BBs. Reduced R cooldown, reduced fire & flood time, stuff like that. Noone uses them bcuz "muh AR" "muh Vigilance" and "muh long range sniping = I no take hits"

I'd say those are pretty underused.

I use it on my 2 German bbs. Problem is difficulty hitting anything and doing damage, so you're very dependent on the team in these cases. The British bbs kind of made it obsolete.

Still, this strategy hardly is a unknown strategy. I'm wondering if the devs have anything to offer that's missed or misused. IFHE on Des Moines or something :cap_viking:

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

IFHE on Des Moines or something

Notser already tried that one and failed to provide any more arguments other than it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels good to have it :Smile_teethhappy:

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Notser already tried that one and failed to provide any more arguments other than it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels good to have it :Smile_teethhappy:

Yea, I know that story. I know people had a good laugh too, but the thing is, there might be bugs, strange mechanics (like AP on dds) or unknown mechanics. Some things feeling good might be working effectively. Hence the question in OP.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles
39 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Yea, I know that story. I know people had a good laugh too, but the thing is, there might be bugs, strange mechanics (like AP on dds) or unknown mechanics. Some things feeling good might be working effectively. Hence the question in OP.

Hmm, well here's one more for BBs (US tier 7+).

First of all I see all kinds of BBs running fighters way too often. Spotter aircraft is incredibly useful for firing into / at smokescreens and over islands, pretty sure that range increase is close to useless in most situations.

For the "underused" one - Spotter Aircraft mod on NC, and as she has the same guns - Alabama, and because of similarities probably also Colorado, Iowa and Montana. That extra uptime for Spotter might be really useful.

And then one for CVs (tier 6 & 7):

That Repair mod extends your R time on a CV from 30 to 42s. Since they have no DefAA CV snipes can be quite effective - but usually more through DoT rather than alpha-striking the enemy. 30s already is a long time to wait while the enemy is getting his fighters back / up to defend himself, so you probably want to set the sticking DoT immediately after his repair runs out instead of waiting around. That's where those extra 12 seconds come in - surprise surprise you didn't DoT me :cap_haloween:

[NWP]
Players
3,215 posts
5,612 battles

Said it a couple of times, alltho its not my invention^^ (Flamu uses it himself)

Spotter Mod on Hindenburg, so u can easily take the reload mod. In the early stages its very helpful to get some HE damage on those BBs, and what @wilkatis_LV said about smoke firing. Hindenburg can wreck RN Cruisers easily, and with the spotter plane its so much easier than without, even behind islands!

Also for Takao im using the Propulsion mod 2 instead of Stearing Gears mod 2. Rudder shift time is pretty good as it is, but Takao accelerates rather slowly. When u play f.e. with Edinburgh Division and u can sit in smoke or try some sniping behind an island and u gotta move fast, it feels pretty useful actually.

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles

I was hoping for a dev answer or something from those who has inside data. Given the new helpful poster competition, I'll give this a few more days before giving a most helpful post thingy.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
535 posts
9,537 battles
45 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I was hoping for a dev answer or something from those who has inside data. Given the new helpful poster competition, I'll give this a few more days before giving a most helpful post thingy.

AFAIK developers can not get the most helpful answer award. WG staff cannot participate.

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles
1 hour ago, Donnerturm said:

AFAIK developers can not get the most helpful answer award. WG staff cannot participate.

Yea, I know. The question in the OP was asked before the competition. Since no answers from official source, might as well give best answer to some other. Hopefully a good idea that's uncommon.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles
12 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

The question in the OP was asked before the competition. Since no answers from official source, might as well give best answer to some other.

Did you even read those rules?

On 2/2/2018 at 3:44 PM, Egoleter said:

1) The question must have been asked during the runtime of the event (February 3rd till May 2nd)

On 1/21/2018 at 7:14 PM, loppantorkel said:

(..)

I'm pretty sure 21st January is before 3rd January, your question already doesn't qualify, so don't bother

To be fair it's annoying to see all that useless spam in both Q&A threads now, suddenly everyone's there commenting on everything that pops up while usually it was just ignored. It's like watching a stream where the streamer mentions a giveaway and the chat basically dies in a spam of "!giveaway" for the next few minutes. Stupid and useless. Questions already always got answered by those few who were paying attention, now it's nothing more than a "I MUST BE FIRST TO SUBMIT A COPPY PASTA FROM ZE WIKI WITH MY COMMENT ADDED TO IT" spam

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles
15 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Did you even read those rules?

I'm pretty sure 21st January is before 3rd January, your question already doesn't qualify, so don't bother

To be fair it's annoying to see all that useless spam in both Q&A threads now, suddenly everyone's there commenting on everything that pops up while usually it was just ignored. It's like watching a stream where the streamer mentions a giveaway and the chat basically dies in a spam of "!giveaway" for the next few minutes. Stupid and useless. Questions already always got answered by those few who were paying attention, now it's nothing more than a "I MUST BE FIRST TO SUBMIT A COPPY PASTA FROM ZE WIKI WITH MY COMMENT ADDED TO IT" spam

Yea, I guess I missed that rule. Nvm then, I happily won't bother.

...I think 21st January usually comes after 3rd January, but I won't argue since you're pretty sure...

Sign in to follow this