Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mangler

DD mm is F**** up after 0.7 patch

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
6 posts
5,475 battles

Hello,

 

Had anyone else noticed that DD mm  is going tits up in 7 out of 10 games?

In my last battle (last drop that spilled the cup) my team got Gajah Mada and Maass (both played awesome) and enemy got 2x Harekaze + Lo Yang...

How it ended is not hard to guess :/

 

Same strange sh*t is happening when I sail in Harekaze - Me and Z-46 vs. Shma + Gearing + Fletch (cuz you know - balance and sh*t).

Also I've played in battle where enemy team got not 'divisioned up' Mahan going against our Fletch :/

 

What was changed with MM? It's pulling those stunts too often for my liking!

 

DDmm1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,486 posts
7,245 battles

MM always ensures equal numbers of top tier DD then after that the only restriction is +/- 1 on the total; the first game is a T9 match so there's no restrictions on T7/8 DD hence the imbalance.

 

Gearing + Shima v Z.46 shouldn't be possible as both are T10 and Z.46 is T9, have you got a screenshot of that match?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder, Players, In AlfaTesters, Beta Tester
3,686 posts
6,647 battles

If you do not know how the MM is working, you should not talking about "something is fuked up". Please, be so kind and inform yourself before acting like an idiot. Sorry for those harsh words.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,131 posts
9,291 battles
7 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Does it matter? MM is the same for everyone that's why its random.

 

It matters if the MM can't create a somewhat balanced playing field.

 

2x Harekaze + 1x Lo Yang vs 1x Maass and 1x Gadjah Mada is anything but balanced.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder, Players, In AlfaTesters, Beta Tester
3,686 posts
6,647 battles

But actually it is by the rules of the MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
624 posts
2,032 battles
44 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

 

It matters if the MM can't create a somewhat balanced playing field.

 

2x Harekaze + 1x Lo Yang vs 1x Maass and 1x Gadjah Mada is anything but balanced.

Urm yea but you wouldn't be moaning about it if it was on your side..:Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,131 posts
9,291 battles
1 hour ago, MacFergus said:

Urm yea but you wouldn't be moaning about it if it was on your side..:Smile-_tongue:

 

Sweet, so you just decided that I'm a hypocrite, eh?

Welp, I suppose our little exchange has ended in an impasse then. We'll continue this discussion never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,486 posts
7,245 battles
15 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Urm yea but you wouldn't be moaning about it if it was on your side..:Smile-_tongue:

 

Games that are over in 5 minutes are no fun even if you win.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
624 posts
2,032 battles
16 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

 

Games that are over in 5 minutes are no fun even if you win.

 

Don't know ill take a win whatever way I can get em to be fair so many times I thought MM was rigged when I was losing and great when I was winning...just saying

24 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

 

Sweet, so you just decided that I'm a hypocrite, eh?

Welp, I suppose our little exchange has ended an impasse then. We'll continue this discussion never.

Of course not I was just ribbing you , we all know with the introduction of gimmicks MM can throw out some silly games where one-side has no radar and the other side does etc  , But it can work in your favour or against you .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Players
1,308 posts
10,474 battles
9 hours ago, Capra76 said:

MM always ensures equal numbers of top tier DD then after that the only restriction is +/- 1 on the total; the first game is a T9 match so there's no restrictions on T7/8 DD hence the imbalance.

 

Gearing + Shima v Z.46 shouldn't be possible as both are T10 and Z.46 is T9, have you got a screenshot of that match?

It is possible, because +/-1 rule applies to class, tier and nation independently... I recall for example my Kamikaze being single DD vs divisioned Gaede + Gallant.

Some cruiser or BB had higher tier in my team as a compensation.

 

Edit: found the image

kami-kaboom.thumb.png.8d749691da51fdf429a1e7fcba1c2e1a.png

it was funny game :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
498 posts
7,273 battles
3 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Funny how the OP says nothing about his teams advantage in radars eh?

Well, there are three radar ships in the game and they were distrubuted 2-1 so that's not too bad. And I don't think anyone would complain that the Belfast is underpowered.

 

Also, radar has never and judging from how WG sees it, will never be considered in MM because apparently it doesn't affect the game. WG claims they have numbers on that but last thing I heard they've refused to release those numbers. Needless to say, most players disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
1 minute ago, Runegrem said:

Well, there are three radar ships in the game and they were distrubuted 2-1 so that's not too bad. And I don't think anyone would complain that the Belfast is underpowered.

 

Also, radar has never and judging from how WG sees it, will never be considered in MM because apparently it doesn't affect the game. WG claims they have numbers on that but last thing I heard they've refused to release those numbers. Needless to say, most players disagree.

 

Yet the point is, people look for things to blame and ignore everything that was in their favour.

 

/And comparing a t7 ship with radar against a t8 and a t9 as equal a piece, isn't a fair comparison either. And besides this, the presence of a t9 CV is another huge reduction in the effectiveness of those DDs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
498 posts
7,273 battles
43 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

/And comparing a t7 ship with radar against a t8 and a t9 as equal a piece, isn't a fair comparison either. And besides this, the presence of a t9 CV is another huge reduction in the effectiveness of those DDs too.

Yeah, I didn't say it was equal though, just that it wasn't too bad. And in my opinion, the Belfast had it coming. Belfasts always have it coming. Ship's broken, mate.

 

A well played CV, or just one gunning for the DDs, can be far worse for a DD than a radar ship or three since like the real life Shimakaze found out, it doesn't matter how fast your ship is, you still can't run from planes.

 

CVs are also broken, mate. In all ways and directions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,146 battles
15 hours ago, Capra76 said:

...MM always ensures equal numbers of top tier DD...

Does it?

 

"As of patch 0.5.8.0, matchmaker will make matches with an equal amount of top tier Battleships and Cruisers and with the same amount of Carriers of the same tier"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,486 posts
7,245 battles
21 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Does it?

 

"As of patch 0.5.8.0, matchmaker will make matches with an equal amount of top tier Battleships and Cruisers and with the same amount of Carriers of the same tier"

 

The Wiki says that but the patch notes for 0.5.8 say differently.

 

In fact the patch notes seem to be wrong as well, in that they treat T-1 as top tier if that's the highest ship of that class in the game whereas MM AFAIK determines top tier as the highest ship of any class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,146 battles
1 minute ago, Capra76 said:

 

The Wiki says that but the patch notes for 0.5.8 say differently.

 

In fact the patch notes seem to be wrong as well, in that they treat T-1 as top tier if that's the highest ship of that class in the game whereas MM AFAIK determines top tier as the highest ship of any class. 

I have no idea what is correct, the screen shots supplied in this thread seem to indicate no top tier matching with DDs.

 

I never gave it much though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles

You'll notice how the higher tier DDs are in a division?

 

That's what causes matchmaking like this. There were not enough equal tiered DDs in the queue, so it just grabbed as many as it could for the other team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,486 posts
7,245 battles
27 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I was in a battle yesterday where I was the only DD on my team in a T7 Minsk.   The enemy team had an Ogevnoi (T8) and a Lo Yang (T8).   This seems to break the MM

 

T9 game, just there's no T9 DD, you had Missi + 2 x FdG plus I think at least one T9 cruiser, red team had Iowa, FdG and Lion, so in line with MM rules, only T9 DD would need to be balanced. +/- 1 is allowed for T7/8 which is what you got.

 

I think there's perhaps a broader problem of too few DD players at mid tiers resulting in lots of games with low and asymetrical DD numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Weekend Tester
745 posts
4,972 battles

I don't see any weird on OP picture. Just +/- situation like usually it is been sometime on mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TENGO]
Players
1,543 posts
8,619 battles
9 hours ago, EdiJo said:

It is possible, because +/-1 rule applies to class, tier and nation independently... I recall for example my Kamikaze being single DD vs divisioned Gaede + Gallant.

Some cruiser or BB had higher tier in my team as a compensation.

 

Edit: found the image

kami-kaboom.thumb.png.8d749691da51fdf429a1e7fcba1c2e1a.png

it was funny game :cap_haloween:

Thx for posting that.

 

I have had games like that as well, but didn't dare to reply because no screenshots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,088 posts
4,824 battles
2 hours ago, Capra76 said:

 

The Wiki says that but the patch notes for 0.5.8 say differently.

 

In fact the patch notes seem to be wrong as well, in that they treat T-1 as top tier if that's the highest ship of that class in the game whereas MM AFAIK determines top tier as the highest ship of any class. 

 

Just last night,

we were in 2 tier 8 DDs and the enemy had 1 tier 9 DD..

I've seen much more examples like both teams had same amount of DDs but not the same tiers like 1 team had 7-8-8-9 and other team had 7-7-9-9 or 8-8-8-8

 

I can share the screenshot after I get home..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×