Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Favuz

How to handle people like this?

81 comments in this topic

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

At the start of the match, a guy announced that he's going afk because MM is too hard.

5a64995100f86_Idiot1.jpg.e8cd421d5e56f7e09684cb60e5347ae1.jpg

Thought he was joking, instead he went afk for real.

5a64995056036_idiot2.thumb.jpg.7f7fc4b6dd6b6b25d3ed4b5f6d01a37d.jpg

Think this is the first time in 2500 battles that i want to report someone to wg instead of reporting in game (who apart from low karma doesn't do nothing, but at least is a little satisying).

I got no replay, if i submit a ticket, is reasonable to think that wg would do something or it's useless anyway?

• Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
794 posts
4,700 battles

Submit the ticket along and enable replays for future problems - you will never know the result but sometimes it's good to think 'something' may happen.

Even if you had the replay you would never hear anything.

Also you will be told that you should use the in-game reporting for AFKers.

if they are in a clan report them to the clan leaders (unless they are one which there is no point then).

[NED]
Players
4,077 posts
11,145 battles

Apart from that. IMO that MM isn't that bad at all for a Sims...

[_OPC_]
Players
330 posts
11,002 battles

Buuuuuahahahahahah that guy haven't seen bad mm, after all he is a paying customer he can demand "proper" MM....possibly at T5s :P

• Funny 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,089 posts
2,419 battles
7 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Apart from that. IMO that MM isn't that bad at all for a Sims...

Better yet, that is pretty good match making for the Sims. 

I'd have no problem with that match making 

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
4 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

Same here, Sims isn't an amazing ship, but it's perfectly adequate for the job and mid tier it wouldn't struggle with someone who's got the vaguest idea how to play a US DD. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,724 posts
10,607 battles
1 hour ago, stewie533 said:

He was the highest tier DD in the match - the enemy only had a Gaede...

Well, there was a CV and some Radars to ruin his day potentially, but still.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,149 posts
9,305 battles

People like that simply belong permabanned.

It's not like he seemed particularily interested in playing anyway ...

• Cool 8

[HMSR]
Beta Tester
1,722 posts
5,871 battles

One way i know would work but it's too extreem to be implemented, it involves people and cliffs. 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,906 posts
25,200 battles
13 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

People like that simply belong permabanned.

It's not like he seemed particularily interested in playing anyway ...

On the RU server, I am pretty sure deliberate AFK's they get a 7 day ban, it should be made the same here.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,960 posts
14 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

feel more sorry for the Cleveland....

Park behind island, lob HE delights with impunity on BB's trying to get from point A to point B. Managed to end top-of-the-team like that as the sole T6 in a T8 match.

Beta Tester
88 posts
5,942 battles

Had someone like this the other day, was in the ijn t6 cv,   he in a BB,  said in chat i dont play when CV are in than left..  mean why even push the battle button or play

Players
3,094 posts
5,418 battles
4 minutes ago, soulmask said:

Had someone like this the other day, was in the ijn t6 cv,   he in a BB,  said in chat i dont play when CV are in than left..  mean why even push the battle button or play

Yep. Had ppl like this also. But hey, what do you expect? One of the famous streamers starts putting things into ppls brains. He said it atleast twice in the last days "I just want to go to port. I dont want to play this". This is encouraging ppl to show this behavoir. Imo - not, what someone, that gets to test upcoming ships and has a high standing in the community, should advertise.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles
4 hours ago, Favuz said:

At the start of the match, a guy announced that he's going afk because MM is too hard.

5a64995100f86_Idiot1.jpg.e8cd421d5e56f7e09684cb60e5347ae1.jpg

Thought he was joking, instead he went afk for real.

5a64995056036_idiot2.thumb.jpg.7f7fc4b6dd6b6b25d3ed4b5f6d01a37d.jpg

Think this is the first time in 2500 battles that i want to report someone to wg instead of reporting in game (who apart from low karma doesn't do nothing, but at least is a little satisying).

I got no replay, if i submit a ticket, is reasonable to think that wg would do something or it's useless anyway?

Players like this can just be reported with the "AFK" report option. 

As this is easily verifiable in the logs, there is no need for a ticket in these cases.

[NWP]
Players
3,187 posts
5,583 battles
13 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Players like this can just be reported with the "AFK" report option. 

As this is easily verifiable in the logs, there is no need for a ticket in these cases.

Can u guarantee us that this actually does anything? The only thing ppl know is that reporting for misbehaviour in chat is getting chat banned. Basicly doing that "hurts" more since u know it does something. Reporting someone for being AFK when u are uncertain if it does anything is kinda meaningless...

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Can u guarantee us that this actually does anything? The only thing ppl know is that reporting for misbehaviour in chat is getting chat banned. Basicly doing that "hurts" more since u know it does something. Reporting someone for being AFK when u are uncertain if it does anything is kinda meaningless...

Its not something that takes effect immediately, or we would likely be punishing people with technical issues or similar AFK situations they couldn't prevent. But if a player does this repeatedly (and judging by the way he did it and talked about it that is a safe assumption) then yes, this will lead to punishment.

• Cool 9

[NWP]
Players
3,187 posts
5,583 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

Its not something that takes effect immediately, or we would likely be punishing people with technical issues or similar AFK situations they couldn't prevent. But if a player does this repeatedly (and judging by the way he did it and talked about it that is a safe assumption) then yes, this will lead to punishment.

Yes i understand that it cant be an immediate effect, would be bad. But on the other hand: Good to know :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
298 posts
7,393 battles

So does anybody know anyone who's got the "punishment" MrC is talking about? Or even better has anyone gotten the "punishment" themselves?

Players
3,094 posts
5,418 battles
30 minutes ago, Altsak said:

So does anybody know anyone who's got the "punishment" MrC is talking about? Or even better has anyone gotten the "punishment" themselves?

I suspect, the group of ppl doing this, isnt really visiting the forums. And even if - I doubt somebody would admit going afk on purpose. :Smile_teethhappy: So it might be hard to get an answer on that one.

Personally, I dont feel they should receive a ban right away. A message might do the trick in most cases, if an account shows weird behavoir. like letting the guy know "we saw would you did there, its not cool, you will get punished if it continues". That might stop a huge part of those ppl from doing it again.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,461 posts
7,850 battles
45 minutes ago, Altsak said:

6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I suspect, the group of ppl doing this, isnt really visiting the forums. And even if - I doubt somebody would admit going afk on purpose. :Smile_teethhappy: So it might be hard to get an answer on that one.

Personally, I dont feel they should receive a ban right away. A message might do the trick in most cases, if an account shows weird behavoir. like letting the guy know "we saw would you did there, its not cool, you will get punished if it continues". That might stop a huge part of those ppl from doing it again.

I've served my time, so I'm fine with coming clean. :Smile_teethhappy:

I got a 24h ban for a single exit to port. It was the first time I've done it to my knowledge.

Now I can't be absolutely certain that was the reason because getting any info from support is like getting blood from a stone. Maybe @MrConway can corroborate my interpretation of it.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,002 posts
16,728 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

It does nothing.

Opening a support ticket also does nothing, but you ll get an answer to make you fell better, something like: "We re sorry you had to go through someting like this, rest assured the proper measures will be taken, but we can not prove this to you due to privacy reasons, etc." it s a standard answer that fits all cases.

Funny thing is, if you reopen the ticket, each time a new name will answer you, but is the same writing style and the same English (that s why I said a new name, not a new person, in case it is a person).

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,002 posts
16,728 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Now I can't be absolutely certain that was the reason because getting any info from support is like getting blood from a stone. Maybe @MrConway can corroborate my interpretation of it.

I ve been there too. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this