Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sadstories

Chat Spamming: What will he get?

25 comments in this topic

[SNUBS]
Players
79 posts
9,602 battles

Hello sailors,

I just had a game in my Missouri where a player in our team kept spamming on minimap locations for like half the game.

I must say it was:

1) Very very annoying

2) It greatly reduced my map awareness as I couldn't see a thing on the minimap, I play on laptop window mode.

Are there special penalties for players like this?

If WG staff read this maybe implement an automatic chat ban or whatever you want for players which use more than 50 minimap "pointers" per game.

This kind of behavior ruins the game, really. I almost never report people for bad language as they usually have a reason to be salty but this, this is cancer.

Report_1.png

Report_2.png

• Funny 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,988 battles

*edited*

*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to promoting bad behavior in-game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,214 posts
5,612 battles

That doesnt look like a normal person could do this - looks like a Bot spamming the minimap imo?

I dont see that u can click so many places and have them all active at the same time :cap_wander_2:

Players
3,112 posts
5,446 battles

I wish we have the option to block those map-pings - imo, it would be more useful then blocking chat! I dont care if someone rages (at me) in chat, its easy to ignore. But this map-pinging...

Also I agree, I dont think, a human can click like this? I dunno, I never tried but... you cant spam with that speed to have the entire map highlighted?

[SNUBS]
Players
79 posts
9,602 battles

Well at first I also thought he was a bot but he was speaking, when someone told him he reported him for spamming.

He said "Even if I get chat ban I can still do this hahaha" or something like that

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,728 posts
10,607 battles
8 minutes ago, Sadstories said:

Hello sailors,

I just had a game in my Missouri where a player in our team kept spamming on minimap locations for like half the game.

I must say it was:

1) Very very annoying

2) It greatly reduced my map awareness as I couldn't see a thing on the minimap, I play on laptop window mode.

If WG staff read this maybe implement an automatic chat ban or whatever you want for players which use more than 50 minimap "pointers" per game.

This kind of behavior ruins the game, really. I almost never report people for bad language as they usually have a reason to be salty but this, this is cancer.

Unfortunately, you've encountered the worst loophole in the automatic report system. NORMALLY if someone kept spamming the chat, he'd get reported by everyone and end up with 24h chatban. Or you'd just block someone to not see him talking. Problem is... this just doesn't work with quick commands. At all.

Someone can be chatbanned and his quick commands/map spamming will still show.

Someone can be blocked by you and you'll still see his spam.

Short of teamkilling the f*cker there's literally nothing you can do to have him shut up. WG, for some reason, can't get their minds around the fact that at least division chat REALLY should still work even for chatbanned people - but short commands should, at the very least, be blockable. Because - while it's rare - it's hardly unheard of to see someone (possibly chatbanned already) abusing the system and ruining the experience and blocking proper communication for the whole team.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I bet it's the CV. It's always the CV.

When in doubt, blame the CV.

Pretty sure CV players can point and click that fast. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,988 battles
1 minute ago, Sadstories said:

Well at first I also thought he was a bot but he was speaking, when someone told him he reported him for spamming.

He said "Even if I get chat ban I can still do this hahaha" or something like that

Not if he's dead

tenor.gif

• Funny 1

[SNUBS]
Players
79 posts
9,602 battles
2 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

I bet it's the CV. It's always the CV.

When in doubt, blame the CV.

Pretty sure CV players can point and click that fast. :Smile_trollface:

Well this time he was playing with a BB. Haven't checked his account

Players
3,112 posts
5,446 battles
8 minutes ago, Sadstories said:

Im sure there could be a limit set. good idea. Id rather see something like 4 per minute? @MrConway ? What are the odds to see any option of limiting this in the future? Either block those pings from certain players or limit the times, one cando this per round / minute?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,054 posts
2,170 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Im sure there could be a limit set. good idea. Id rather see something like 4 per minute? @MrConway ? What are the odds to see any option of limiting this in the future? Either block those pings from certain players or limit the times, one cando this per round / minute?

The main issue is that it would take up valuable development time to implement. I can however understand how irritating spam on this level is.

I'll bring it up internally and we can have a discussion about it.

• Cool 5

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

@MrConway Wouldn't a sensible and probably simple fix be to extend the mute player function to cover map pings and F keys? It would be a quality of life fix for the players and it's then under the player control to decide if they mind the spammers or want to keep the potential information.

People who get chat banned regularly have posted that they spam these Fkey and map pings deliberately to annoy people and short of TKing them there's no way to block this behaviour, with an effective mute this problem is gone.

• Cool 1

Players
2,300 posts
50 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Well what I'd do would be just to teamkill him. I'm sure nobody on the team would disagree with my actions, and I wouldn't mind being pink for a few games if it meant the guy could no longer spam.

Yep, definite team kill material, well worth it just to shut him up. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,054 posts
2,170 battles
26 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

@MrConway Wouldn't a sensible and probably simple fix be to extend the mute player function to cover map pings and F keys? It would be a quality of life fix for the players and it's then under the player control to decide if they mind the spammers or want to keep the potential information.

People who get chat banned regularly have posted that they spam these Fkey and map pings deliberately to annoy people and short of TKing them there's no way to block this behaviour, with an effective mute this problem is gone.

Yes that would be a quick sensible solution, I can't tell you if it is a simple one though. Often these require a lot more work than you would think.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,741 battles
25 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Yep, definite team kill material, well worth it just to shut him up. 

The problem is that you could only do that so often before eventually you would get a ban (not just going pink).

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
14 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Yes that would be a quick sensible solution, I can't tell you if it is a simple one though. Often these require a lot more work than you would think.

True, I've been involved in far too many IT projects to assume it's simple, but since there's already a mute function implemented it's likely to be a significant head start on tackling the problem.

Without knowing how your code works this best guess of course.

I for one would appreciate the ability to block a spammer for at least the current game.

Players
2,300 posts
10 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

The problem is that you could only do that so often before eventually you would get a ban (not just going pink).

true, but it's an extreme case which I have only seen really that bad once before.....couldn't teamkill the little git (DD) that time as he ran off to the top corner so was out of reach.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
46 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

true, but it's an extreme case which I have only seen really that bad once before.....couldn't teamkill the little git (DD) that time as he ran off to the top corner so was out of reach.

Exactly the same experience, it was a Kami, probably even the same guy...

Players
2,300 posts
36 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Exactly the same experience, it was a Kami, probably even the same guy...

Probably....can't remember his name but he appeared on different threads on the forum a while back doing the same thing. Was one yours?

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
3 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Probably....can't remember his name but he appeared on different threads on the forum a while back doing the same thing. Was one yours?

Indeed, same guy:

That from April, so 8-9 months.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
956 posts
9,123 battles

I saw this some time ago in a low tier game, but it was a division of 2 doing it. They said they were using some kind of mouse addon/software to click so fast. It was just the same, all over the minimap.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,054 posts
2,170 battles
5 hours ago, Sadstories said:

Hello sailors,

I must say it was:

1) Very very annoying

Report_1.png

Report_2.png

Oh and by the way, please do PM me his nickname as well as a replay if you have it... for science... :cap_rambo:

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,666 posts
7,219 battles
7 hours ago, MrConway said:

The main issue is that it would take up valuable development time to implement.

Gotta do it, cant help myself ... sorry @MrConway :D

l4MeC9b.gif

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,054 posts
2,170 battles
On 1/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Sadstories said:

Hello sailors,

I must say it was:

1) Very very annoying

Just a quick update: I discussed the issue with the team and we have reported the matter to the devs for investigation, it should not be possible to ping the map this much.

As this clearly also used an external program to cause the disruption, we have issued the player with a game ban.

Please do not hesitate to occurrences like this to our support team with a replay + timestamps.

• Cool 10

Sign in to follow this