You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Citronvand

Is the Musashi permanently available? (Problem with HSF camo)

36 comments in this topic

[_SWE_]
Players
20 posts
823 battles

Here's the thing, my goal is to own the Musashi with the HSF camo. The problem is that I won't be able to afford the Musashi for a very long time and the HSF camo is, as far as I understood, a limited time offer. So I don't have much choice except to buy the camo before I own the ship, but WG can just arbitrarily remove Musashi and then I stand there with a useless camo I bought for some 15-17€ that I can never use. Is that how it works? Or have I misinterpret something?

Players
306 posts
5,552 battles

Missouri was in the tech tree for a good six months I think. I would hedge a bet you have at least that long to get Musushi~

[AXIS]
Players
638 posts
9,193 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Strawberry said:

Missouri was in the tech tree for a good six months I think. I would hedge a bet you have at least that long to get Musushi~

missouri hit the shelves on december 2016. stop your fake news!

so it would be reasonable to assume that the muschimuschi will approx be available for 1 year until they release a new freexp premium.

or maybe it will be there longer because afaik wg wasn´t too happy with the way they implemented missouri. who knows

i´d say you have at least 1 year to grind 750k xp

ps: for a guy with 360 battles you are very ambitious :D

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
795 posts
4,713 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

Can you even buy the premium camo before you have the ship? I don't think so.

The Musashi HSF camo is available in the premium shop for £16.08 so you can buy it now if you want to.

[TIPC]
Players
334 posts
15,565 battles

the camo is also in game if u buy the musashi..so beter take first musashi and when u take it the camo will be there waiting for u in game to buy it(missouri is more than a year in the tech tree)

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

You just started the game, I would rather use the money for premium time or a mid tier premium.

Looking at your stats you are not ready to tier X games (Playing tier 8) but you are doing pretty well at mid tiers so just stay there for a bit. Maybe Leningrad or TheGrass

Also Musashi meh, you can get the free anime camo for Yamato.

[NED]
Players
4,081 posts
11,176 battles

Permanent is a relative thing I found out. Mo was supposed to be "permanently available" too. But it was available for a long time. I don't expect Musashi to go away any time soon. and AFAIK you can buy the cammo now: it'll be in your inventory forever. I have f.e. the bottom of the ocean and last conquest cammo's for Hood (won them in a previous mission). A ship I don't even own. And once you grinded Musashi, you can strap it on. 750k FXP is quite a grind but if you commit to it, it's doable.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
473 posts
5,782 battles
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Permanent is a relative thing I found out. Mo was supposed to be "permanently available" too. But it was available for a long time. I don't expect Musashi to go away any time soon. and AFAIK you can buy the cammo now: it'll be in your inventory forever. I have f.e. the bottom of the ocean and last conquest cammo's for Hood (won them in a previous mission). A ship I don't even own. And once you grinded Musashi, you can strap it on. 750k FXP is quite a grind but if you commit to it, it's doable.

I have a sneeky feeling MO will come back from time to time. Knowing how WG is marketing tanks etc in wot that was taken out of sales.

[_SWE_]
Players
20 posts
823 battles
On 1/21/2018 at 6:33 AM, svadilfari said:

ps: for a guy with 360 battles you are very ambitious :D

Yeah, I feel like having long-time goals makes these kind of games more enjoyable. Back when I started playing WoT I wanted to own the Tiger, then I wanted a tier 10, eventually I wanted all the German vehicles which is currently what I'm striving towards. I'm missing 3 at the moment.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:39 AM, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

the camo is also in game if u buy the musashi..so beter take first musashi and when u take it the camo will be there waiting for u in game to buy it(missouri is more than a year in the tech tree)

Interesting, so it is like the cat-camo for the HSF Harekaze (available both in shop and in-game). But does that mean the camo is not a limited time offer? I assumed it was going away once the HSF event ends.

[TIPC]
Players
334 posts
15,565 battles
1 hour ago, Citronvand said:

Yeah, I feel like having long-time goals makes these kind of games more enjoyable. Back when I started playing WoT I wanted to own the Tiger, then I wanted a tier 10, eventually I wanted all the German vehicles which is currently what I'm striving towards. I'm missing 3 at the moment.

Interesting, so it is like the cat-camo for the HSF Harekaze (available both in shop and in-game). But does that mean the camo is not a limited time offer? I assumed it was going away once the HSF event ends.

the only thing i know is that is ingame right now since the first day they release musashi..hsf event is until 30/4 i think..so i believe better for u to buy premium account for start if u want to grind free xp than a camo that u dont use

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,050 posts
2,170 battles
On 1/21/2018 at 5:03 AM, Citronvand said:

Here's the thing, my goal is to own the Musashi with the HSF camo. The problem is that I won't be able to afford the Musashi for a very long time and the HSF camo is, as far as I understood, a limited time offer. So I don't have much choice except to buy the camo before I own the ship, but WG can just arbitrarily remove Musashi and then I stand there with a useless camo I bought for some 15-17€ that I can never use. Is that how it works? Or have I misinterpret something?

You can expect Musashi to remain in the tech tree until further notice. If and when we eventually plan to remove her, we will try to give everyone advance warning as we did with Missouri.

• Cool 1

[_SWE_]
Players
20 posts
823 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 7:20 PM, MrConway said:

You can expect Musashi to remain in the tech tree until further notice. If and when we eventually plan to remove her, we will try to give everyone advance warning as we did with Missouri.

I appreciate the official reply. I feel confident I can get the Musashi camo now since I've grinded enough XP and Free XP on my Harekaze to buy the Musashi with the 14500 doubloon pack (+ the ~8000 from the Weeb mega-pack I bought) if necessary.
h9Pn6b1.jpg

While grinding I also managed to Elite my first commander!

1MaZ3GV.png
I was mainly playing BBs before but I've really started to enjoy the DD gameplay.

Anyway, I've got a new question: When was the last time there were a XP conversion discount and any guesses when we can expect another one?

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

Last 35:1 conversion was just around Christmas, I wouldn't expect another for a while, but it's impossible to guess. If memory serves it was 4 months or so from the previous one.

[POI--]
Players
3,411 posts
4,583 battles

I'd expect the Musashi to stay on longer than the Missouri. Unlike Missouri, while Musashi is by no means a bad ship, it at least has some very glaring weaknesses. Missouri with its radar and USN AA is a major threat to DDs, highly unattractive to carriers and as a BB, can obviously take out cruisers. The greatest threat to a Missouri seems to be another BB, against which it is just a gimmicky Iowa. Not that Iowa is bad BB though. So, likely, Musashi will be nowhere as wide-spread and even when it spreads, the only gamechanger that it has is to bring Yamato's lolpen one tier lower, which only really matters vs BBs (as DDs and cruisers typically have to fear Yamato's 2.1 sigma, which did not carry over).

[_SWE_]
Players
20 posts
823 battles
17 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Last 35:1 conversion was just around Christmas, I wouldn't expect another for a while, but it's impossible to guess. If memory serves it was 4 months or so from the previous one.

Ah, thanks. I'll probably wait until Valentine and see if there's any discount while I grind the last of my XP flags.

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,544 battles

I would not bet on any conversion discount until V-Day in May.

Following the servers events unification last fall, the pace of exp conversion discount is 2-3 per year - former NA server one.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,005 posts
16,746 battles
On 1/28/2018 at 6:57 AM, Citronvand said:

h9Pn6b1.jpg

You have 3 high tier premium ships with only 500 battles, and want another one, tier 9 even?

You will be disadvantage for your team.

Take it slowly and grind your ships, there is a reason for it.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,299 battles
30 minutes ago, 22cm said:

You have 3 high tier premium ships with only 500 battles, and want another one, tier 9 even?

You will be disadvantage for your team.

Take it slowly and grind your ships, there is a reason for it.

Saying that his average tier is 5.7.. 39K average damage and 55% win-rate. I think this chap may be one of those rare cases that is doing ok at higher tiers despite a low game count..

Also looking at how little he has played his higher tier prem ships he seems to struggle with a little he looks prety keen to do well.

His HSF Harekaze he is above the server average stat wise in winrate and Average damage to name just two

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
4,309 battles

Hmm, does anyone have any idea if the HSF Musashi camo will be permanently available in game on the Camo tab? 'Cus nearly 20 euros for a camo for a ship that I probably won't be owning for long while still, not to mention I'd rather get it with doubloons, is kinda ehh...

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles
  • @MrConway can you check for us if camo+ship will be together in shop/tech tree and leave together shop/tech tree? please?

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,637 posts
6,860 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, MrConway said:

I'm giving it 18 months.  Then we get HMS Vanguard.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,637 posts
6,860 battles
On 1/29/2018 at 7:28 AM, T0byJug said:

Saying that his average tier is 5.7.. 39K average damage and 55% win-rate. I think this chap may be one of those rare cases that is doing ok at higher tiers despite a low game count..

Also looking at how little he has played his higher tier prem ships he seems to struggle with a little he looks prety keen to do well.

His HSF Harekaze he is above the server average stat wise in winrate and Average damage to name just two

Toby... It's called a re-roll.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,299 battles
6 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

You Probably correct.. I was just responding to the poster about him not buying high tier ships... And maybe he is not i might just be good.. You never know.. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[_SWE_]
Players
20 posts
823 battles
12 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Wow, I don't think I'm that good, but thanks. No, it's not a re-roll, it's the same account I made for WoT back in 2012 and I started playing WoWS in 2015, but not that much and then I had a long break until now.
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/502082139-Citronvand/
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/502082139-Citronvand/!/pvp/overview/

• Cool 1