Sign in to follow this  
Affeks

128 mm L/61 SK C/42 DP guns on Hindenburg?

3 comments in this topic

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,766 posts
6,460 battles

I find it very awkward that Hindenburg has 105 L/65 Dop. L. C/31 DP guns, and for more than one reason.

1. Having the same DP gun from tier 7-10 is kinda lame.

2. GK has 128s while earlier ships in the line has 105, so it would be obvious that Hburg should follow the same progression

3. the 105mms has 4.5km AA range while the 55mm L/77 Gerät 58 has 5km AA range despite being a much smaller gun. While I dont mind that, it makes it awkward when both are on the same ship.

4. The 128mm guns wouldnt make Hburg OP, replacing the 105 mounts 1 for 1 then the dps would go down from 133 dps to 99 dps, but ofc its offset by the 99dps having 5.2km range instead of 4.5km. Therefore the tradeoff in AA power is more or less balanced and wouldnt make the AA stronger or weaker by any means.

5. Having 128mm guns would make a secondary build on Hburg usable, while I dont expect it to be competitive by any means it would give players more room to play with different builds.

6. Roon has technically better secondary power than Hburg, so in that regard Hburg is not following a correct progression.

Am I the only one that finds the lack of 128s on Hburg weird? My guess as to why it doesnt have them is because WG didnt model the 128mm mounts untill Gneisenau and GK was introduced in the KM BB tech tree a while later. If German cruisers were made after German BBs I would expect Hburg to have the 128mms. 

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,950 posts
13,449 battles

I mean, from a pure gameplay perspective I'd have no problem at all with such a change, but the 128mm mounts are quite a bit bigger than the 105mm ones. I'm pretty sure they won't fit as is on the Hindenburg.

Though you could always just design a new, smaller mount.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,766 posts
6,460 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

I mean, from a pure gameplay perspective I'd have no problem at all with such a change, but the 128mm mounts are quite a bit bigger than the 105mm ones. I'm pretty sure they won't fit as is on the Hindenburg.

Though you could always just design a new, smaller mount.

I thought about this and I agree that they dont fit as is now, but I took a look at Hburgs hull and in my eyes there is enough room if they just slightly move some of the superstructure around. Hburg certainly is a big enough hull to mount them.

Sign in to follow this