Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migulaitor

Triying to revive SL

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Well, as almost everybody must know already SL is dead, rewards are bad and the way they are given even worse (You need to play against your team)

 

So I bring you my idea:

 

I will make a chat group (In-game) so we can organize "fun" games:

Mainly only 1 ship type per game (DM madness, shima torp spam etc...)

The plan: Forward and slap each other with big guns, torps or whatever is decided.

 

Pros:

-Fun to play against "good" players.

-With premium camo it can neat some nice credits.

-No ranked stress, we can't lose stars.

-Playing some games with the same people so you can take revenge at laugh at each other.

Cons:

-Probably somebody will complain because they want to play "seriously" (well, yeah, good luck playing SL now)

-We all know this one guy who will stay a bit back because he wants his container.

-You dont grind any ship.

 

About rigging: I don't consider this as rigging, we are just according to brawl with a kind of ship, everybody wants to win, deal as much damage as possible etc etc... (and is not like the rewards are great, some creds and a couple of signals)

The oficial point of view of WG about the subject could be helpfull. @MrConway (I have seen people doing this, I hope it helps)

 

Sorry for my derpy English and I hope to see you brawling like real seamen.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,724 posts
10,607 battles

It might not be my place to comment (I couldn't really play Ranked this season and I might not get to R1 this time...) but frankly? I don't think it's that good of an idea. Maybe WG will rethink this f*ck up if they see a season with some 10 SL matches total. If you actually make it seem like people are playing, these, errrm, strategic planners at the top might be able to convince themselves that the thing is working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles
25 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Well, as almost everybody must know already SL is dead, rewards are bad and the way they are given even worse (You need to play against your team)

 

So I bring you my idea:

 

I will make a chat group (In-game) so we can organize "fun" games:

Mainly only 1 ship type per game (DM madness, shima torp spam etc...)

The plan: Forward and slap each other with big guns, torps or whatever is decided.

 

Pros:

-Fun to play against "good" players.

-With premium camo it can neat some nice credits.

-No ranked stress, we can't lose stars.

-Playing some games with the same people so you can take revenge at laugh at each other.

Cons:

-Probably somebody will complain because they want to play "seriously" (well, yeah, good luck playing SL now)

-We all know this one guy who will stay a bit back because he wants his container.

-You dont grind any ship.

 

About rigging: I don't consider this as rigging, we are just according to brawl with a kind of ship, everybody wants to win, deal as much damage as possible etc etc... (and is not like the rewards are great, some creds and a couple of signals)

The oficial point of view of WG about the subject could be helpfull. @MrConway (I have seen people doing this, I hope it helps)

 

Sorry for my derpy English and I hope to see you brawling like real seamen.

 

 

I'll have to check if this is something we would technically allow, but I would advocate against it.

 

You'll never guarantee that everyone queuing up is up for joining that kind of game and you would then be ruining his fun or have him ruin yours.

 

For fun shenanigans go and use the new training room, I'm sure you can find people for some fun brawling around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
13 minutes ago, MrConway said:

For fun shenanigans go and use the new training room, I'm sure you can find people for some fun brawling around here.

Except that training room is effectively a waste of time as it offers no rewards of any kind - which SL would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,724 posts
10,607 battles
20 minutes ago, MrConway said:

 

I'll have to check if this is something we would technically allow, but I would advocate against it.

 

You'll never guarantee that everyone queuing up is up for joining that kind of game and you would then be ruining his fun or have him ruin yours.

 

For fun shenanigans go and use the new training room, I'm sure you can find people for some fun brawling around here.

How about doing something with SL so that there's any fun in it to begin with? As it stands now, it's an environment where pretty much no matches start at all, and for a good reason: the rewards are laughable and given to people based on whether they managed to outperform their teammates, meaning: any sort of teamplay is punished while playing against your team: rewarded.

 

This was supposed to be a temporary measure, because people had too much fun farming containers. This temporary measure became a permanent killing blow to SL instead. I know you probably can't disclose these numbers, but please, do try and check for yourself, how many SL matches take place each primetime currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×