Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rage_Unchained

Fair play in ranked

15 comments in this topic

Players
113 posts
9,162 battles

I just played a ranked match. It was a defeat, and I didn't really do much.

However, we had 2 North Carolinas, one that sniped from the back, nearly 10km behind other teammates, and the other that pushed and actually played REALLY WELL.
None of them are related to me, just to be clear, but...

As the outcome is becoming very clear, and the NC that played REALLY WELL has died, the sniper elite NC now asks NC from enemy team to let him ram him for extra xp so he can save the star. 
This is what you can actually see in the screenshot. The NC from enemy team agrees, and in the end, the cheater NC skips over both Benson and the other North Carolina by almost 200xp and saves the star. The reason that happened is that the enemy team NC had almost 55000hp at the time of ramming, and this gave our sniper friend a huge XP boost.

To add, the enemy team NC has already had a couple of shady games as I saw his clanmate in my team behave in very odd manner (using Atago), shooting at invisible battleships over islands that were not spotted and actually correcting his aim. I suspect they communicated via Teamspeak/Discord or whatever to help each other farm the xp. The Atago player was repeatedly attacked by teammates for not helping and being rude and unresponsive to minimap.

Question here is: Are these kinds of actions allowed in ranked, and is there a different kind of report to the ones in game that do absolutely nothing.
I was not affected by this cheating/unsportsmanlike action as I was 4th by XP anyway, but it really felt shitty, since both Benson and the other NC actually played well and helped others too.

cheat.jpg

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,835 posts
2,560 battles

Go and show this to support. It's not like there is anything us on the forums can do about this.

• Cool 1

Players
113 posts
9,162 battles
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Go and show this to support. It's not like there is anything us on the forums can do about this.

I'm asking if they will actually do anything about it. Doing such kind of reports in WoT and previously here usually resulted in them saying "there's an ingame report option"...
And also, wondering if this is allowed and there are any rules of conduct involved?

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
10 minutes ago, Rage_Unchained said:

I'm asking if they will actually do anything about it. Doing such kind of reports in WoT and previously here usually resulted in them saying "there's an ingame report option"...
And also, wondering if this is allowed and there are any rules of conduct involved?

there is no ingame report option for cheating if that helps :Smile_teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,930 posts

There always be bottomwipes in any game mate.

(people are just that - people)

If you are plain bad, you will do anything to move slightly forward in Ranked. If that was a good (by skill) player, he wouldn't really bother, since losing 1 star now and then is meaningless.

But we seriously could use WoWs naming and shaming site / youtube channel. Not saying above qualifies, but many cases would.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,726 posts
10,607 battles
30 minutes ago, Rage_Unchained said:

I can't speak for WoT, but as for WoWs

1. When reporting things that are clearly covered by automatic systems (TK) or in-game reporting (chat misbehavior), you get a notice "please, use in-game reporting" but usually accompanied that, as an exception, they looked into the case; and although you won't get information on the actions taken, there is some anecdotal evidence that some actions are, indeed, taken (at least in cases of chat misbehavior)

2. WG employees did explicitly encourage sending screenshots and replays that prove game rigging to support. It was generally said in context of some concerns about clans rigging battles (potential consequences for the clan proven to be angaging in such activities start with disbandment) but I'm pretty sure this policy would extend to not clan-related cases as well. And this is precisely what we're seeing here: two players from opposing teams make an agreement to rig the match result (and - which is why I ope you have replays enabled - they do follow through with the agreement, it's not just banter).

So, to conclude: take the screenshot and the replay if you have it - and go bother Support with this evidence. You have a high chance of them taking some action (although zero chance of ever learning if and what exactly was done). Rigging matches (be it for victory or for mission/campaign tasks) is considered a serious offense and one that WG actually encouraged us to (manually) report.

[NWP]
Players
3,196 posts
5,589 battles
42 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

If that was a good (by skill) player, he wouldn't really bother, since losing 1 star now and then is meaningless.

Id correct that: A good player most likely wouldnt have the need to do that. Not sure what bracket that ranked was, but if its not Premier league id say its more likely a good player will keep his star and will play for the win, not for maintaining stars.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,835 posts
2,560 battles
1 hour ago, Rage_Unchained said:

Definetly smells to me like they're doing something wrong. But let me ask you this: what do you lose from writing a support ticket up on this issue, other than the time required (surely no more than a few minutes)?

Players
113 posts
9,162 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

So, to conclude: take the screenshot and the replay if you have it - and go bother Support with this evidence. You have a high chance of them taking some action (although zero chance of ever learning if and what exactly was done). Rigging matches (be it for victory or for mission/campaign tasks) is considered a serious offense and one that WG actually encouraged us to (manually) report.

Gonna do that.

1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Definetly smells to me like they're doing something wrong. But let me ask you this: what do you lose from writing a support ticket up on this issue, other than the time required (surely no more than a few minutes)?

Gonna do that.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,050 posts
2,170 battles
2 hours ago, Rage_Unchained said:

I just played a ranked match. It was a defeat, and I didn't really do much.

However, we had 2 North Carolinas, one that sniped from the back, nearly 10km behind other teammates, and the other that pushed and actually played REALLY WELL.
None of them are related to me, just to be clear, but...

As the outcome is becoming very clear, and the NC that played REALLY WELL has died, the sniper elite NC now asks NC from enemy team to let him ram him for extra xp so he can save the star. 
This is what you can actually see in the screenshot. The NC from enemy team agrees, and in the end, the cheater NC skips over both Benson and the other North Carolina by almost 200xp and saves the star. The reason that happened is that the enemy team NC had almost 55000hp at the time of ramming, and this gave our sniper friend a huge XP boost.

To add, the enemy team NC has already had a couple of shady games as I saw his clanmate in my team behave in very odd manner (using Atago), shooting at invisible battleships over islands that were not spotted and actually correcting his aim. I suspect they communicated via Teamspeak/Discord or whatever to help each other farm the xp. The Atago player was repeatedly attacked by teammates for not helping and being rude and unresponsive to minimap.

Question here is: Are these kinds of actions allowed in ranked, and is there a different kind of report to the ones in game that do absolutely nothing.
I was not affected by this cheating/unsportsmanlike action as I was 4th by XP anyway, but it really felt shitty, since both Benson and the other NC actually played well and helped others too.

cheat.jpg

If you have clear evidence and ideally a replay, please do report this to support.

One of the things we really don't like is working together with players on the enemy team, for any reason really. Its definitely not sportsmanlike conduct!

What we won't do however, is tell you that we banned him for 7 days afterwards.

• Cool 1

Players
113 posts
9,162 battles
32 minutes ago, MrConway said:

What we won't do however, is tell you that we banned him for 7 days afterwards.

Ticket created with screens and replay file. 
I think in this case both players should be penalized/punished. It was really ugly how the other NC player was denied keeping the star, seeing how he outplayed enemy Amagi at full hp (managed to turn in at 3km and within 2 salvoes remove entire HP of the enemy Amagi, for example while taking only the slightest portion of damage dealt in return).

Players
1,397 posts
14,395 battles

Don't bother with support, they don't care that much.

I had two Amagis from the same clan trading damage to save a star and support defended them. (Our Amagi could have shot from behind the island unspotted, but then his clanmate wouldn't have seen him.)

Anyway, good luck with your ticket.

[CLADS]
[CLADS]
Players
1 post
16,084 battles

The problem of cheating is not limited to same clan help. Some nice folks decide to trash the whole point of ranked by counting in with a second account whilst working with their buddy. If they count in on the same side it’s not so much of a problem. If they count in on opposites sides the information they share is devastating. That’s before you get to what in game actions they can take to sway the outcome. I have seen and heard it in action. It’s ugly. I saw someone team torp intentially to stop their side from winning. Meanwhile buddy on the other side gets a win. How nice!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,664 posts
7,211 battles

Jesus .. your first post and you go pull out a 3 months old topic.

I thought ranked started already :D

[-TAP-]
Players
58 posts
4,040 battles
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Jesus .. your first post and you go pull out a 3 months old topic.

I thought ranked started already :D

Hah, same here - I saw the first post about having had a ranked match "tonight" and got confused as I knew it wasn't live yesterday evening when I was online.  Then saw the date and figured there was a bit of necromancy going on . . .

Sign in to follow this