Sign in to follow this  
Adamo1

Duke of the North whole mission gone ???

24 comments in this topic

[EXA]
Players
61 posts

Hello all,

wondering why whole mission plus progress is ...GONE ?? Is that a bad joke??

I was a bit xp away from last quest !!! and now nothing? WTF??

all time totaly wastetd or what?

- Put a certain MESSAGE or REMINDER before you completely delete what players were working on for WEEKS !!! I dont have time to play day and night !!

- I just needed to finish the LAST MISSION !!! LAST MISSION !! CAN YOU PLEASE OFFER A CERTAIN REWARD FOR ALL THAT WORK !!

- OFFER a possibility to finish last quest again...just to contiune it ..that Time limit is totaly FRUSTRATING ONLY !!!!!

Sorry for harsh words - but I f. think, that this expresses best.

do something, that situation is nothing but totally frustrating! Offer an option to continue the quest chain and finish it

• Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,460 posts

The campaign was running till the 20th January, 0600 CET.

That was, at the time of my posting, almost three and a half hours ago. It was clearly readable on the campaign overview within the game.

Originally it would have ended two days ago (at the same time) but a small error, that didn't even affect the EU server prompted WG to generously add two days to it.

Not Wargamings fault if you can't read what the game is telling you.

Not Wargamings fault that you do not read announcements to inform yourself.

So if you feel frustrated and need to blame someone, please start with yourself and your own failures.

• Cool 6

[RONIN]
Players
140 posts
6,287 battles

i can understand adamo a bit,  in wargaming games sometimes you have trouble finding all info needed. I have been searching for end date myself a while. Found it, but not immediately

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles

1st of all the campaign was supposed to end on 6:00 CET on 18th january, be happy it got extended by 2 days to 20th.

And then - there was a live counting timer on the campaign itself, how blind do you have to be not to notice :fish_palm:

[EXA]
Players
61 posts

In holiday! I was in holidays! Thats total usual!

but my whole PROGRESS is lost, as said I was at FINAL Quest !! I tried until last night, I fell asleep!

- keep in mind how laugable final quests sometimes are.

Its TOTALLY FRUSTRATING only!

I would like to help to reduce the frustrating potential in Wows...and suggest to implement a useful option to CONTINUE the quest chain (maybe some dublons per day etc), so you can earn your ingame-reward, too!

Yes, I can also as well buy that ship but thats not the point: I want to get an ingame success for all the time and afford that I invested in that whole quest chain...and I think there are a lots of players who also pretty much have the same problem.

[EXA]
Players
61 posts
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

1st of all the campaign was supposed to end on 6:00 CET on 18th january, be happy it got extended by 2 days to 20th.

And then - there was a live counting timer on the campaign itself, how blind do you have to be not to notice :fish_palm:

I didnt see any reminder !! At YAMAMOTO they also reminded in a video! I finshed yamamoto long ago but quests are still there !

but here at duke now...  nothing! Its really just frustrating. Next time I really skip that crap, makes no sense for me this way.

[CATS]
Players
14,041 posts
10,543 battles

There are permanent campaigns... and they are temporary campaigns...

Notice the difference...

• Read what is displayed on your screen
  • Understand what is displayed on your screen
  • Do not forget what you understood
  • Decide if you have time for a mission chain/campaign
  • if yes, manage your progress

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
14 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

I didnt see any reminder !! At YAMAMOTO they also reminded in a video! I finshed yamamoto long ago but quests are still there !

but here at duke now...  nothing! Its really just frustrating. Next time I really skip that crap, makes no sense for me this way.

because Yamamoto is a PERMANENT campaign not an EVENT

[EXA]
Players
61 posts

so..reminding Yamamoto is worth a whole video...compared to duke...is that what youre saying...?

- let us continue and finish our quests !!!!

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,949 battles
24 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

so..reminding Yamamoto is worth a whole video...compared to duke...is that what youre saying...?

- let us continue and finish our quests !!!!

Or you could....you know....use your brains?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/the-duke/

And reminding what about yamamoto? It's PERMANENT....There is nothing to remind about it

(How about you link us the video that reminded you that yamamoto campaign is ending?)

EDIT: There actually is a video about the Battle of the north cape campaign

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
56 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

In holiday! I was in holidays! Thats total usual!

Not WG's fault that you have other priorities than playing some battles.

[EXA]
Players
61 posts

See point is, that after all the ingame-success is missing this way, if I have finished WHOLE quest chain, but not the laughable final!

I really dont understand why there has to be a certain time limit during xmas-holidays...when most ppl are not here, skiing or doing something else.

And I also dont understand why I lose WHOLE PROGRESS  up to that ship for nothing. Whats the plan? There is none I think.

Because a successful plan ends up with a proper ingame success of course. I dont see any ingame success if I lose the whole chain after fulfilling 99% of it! .

- no, I really dont want the Duke of the north for free, and never wanted it to be that way. All I want is a CHANCE to continue MY Quest Chain and get that ship as REWARD.

- There is really no reason to let  higher rewards like a Tier VII ship  be a  non permanent quest chains.... compared to that laughable rewards in ranked games, just a few flags (!!!) for every  hard-archieved rank below 10 ...omg! Not worth all the efford in my eyes.

There are still PLENTY of things to improve !

[EXA]
Players
61 posts
1 minute ago, Tungstonid said:

Not WG's fault that you have other priorities than playing some battles.

True.

And if I had known, I wouldn't have spent all that time and work into that crappy quest chain !!! This is just frustrating!!!

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Gerade eben, Adamo1 sagte:

And I also dont understand why I lose WHOLE PROGRESS  up to that ship for nothing.

you didn't, you got the rewards for the missions. And what do you expect as reward for a not-finished campaign? Only the hull of the final reward ship??

Vor 2 Minuten, Adamo1 sagte:

- There is really no reason to let  higher rewards like a Tier VII ship  be a  non permanent quest chains.

and there is really no reason to make it a permanent campaign

Vor 2 Minuten, Adamo1 sagte:

There are still PLENTY of things to improve !

sure, but how should WG improve the "don't ignore basic information" skill from their players?

Vor 1 Minute, Adamo1 sagte:

And if I had known

it is only YOUR fault that you didn't know...

[EXA]
Players
61 posts
15 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

you didn't, you got the rewards for the missions. And what do you expect as reward for a not-finished campaign? Only the hull of the final reward ship??

and there is really no reason to make it a permanent campaign

sure, but how should WG improve the "don't ignore basic information" skill from their players?

it is only YOUR fault that you didn't know...

1. that crappy rewards are not worth to talk about of course. There are other quests that I could have done instead for this, as we know. But THIS quest chain was about the SHIP !!

2. If the reward is precious..it of course should become a campaing! Thats exactly what I am saying! Who needs crappy flaggs in ranked for example? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get below 9 etc - and stay there?? Exactly what I am pointing at!

3. With an option to finish the now total broken quest chain somehow: For some doublons per day for examle etc, the possibilities are endless to create game content out of that issue.

4. Yes my fault, my loss. But that doesnt mean that things can be improved in the future right? Because I pretty much believe that its always nice to reduce any frustating factor in this game...and I am also pretty sure I am not alone with this oppinion...

Re-open the quest chain for a small fee to provide a certain ingame success. This is all I am asking for.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,460 posts

There is no need for Wargaming to pamper you, if you can't manage to invest the necessary time to finish the campaign for whatever reason.

If you are willing to put in money anyway, then buy the ship and pretend you won it. There is your easy solution.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[EXA]
Players
61 posts
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

There is no need for Wargaming to pamper you, if you can't manage to invest the necessary time to finish the campaign for whatever reason.

If you are willing to put in money anyway, then buy the ship and pretend you won it. There is your easy solution.

Thanks, but I think I am not the only one with that problem....and also frustration. The reasons you can read above.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
48 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

True.

And if I had known, I wouldn't have spent all that time and work into that crappy quest chain !!! This is just frustrating!!!

It is only frustrating to you because you didn't pay attention. I am pretty sure they mentioned in the video that the Battle of North Cape is a temporary (i.e. limited by time) campaign. The time until expiration was clearly shown ingame in the campaign overview window (i.e. everytime you claimed a reward or accepted a new mission you  should have seen it) and it was mentioned in the relevant news on the homepage right at the top as one of the first things you should see. There is no way you can blame WG or demand special treatment for you or...

19 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

Thanks, but I think I am not the only one with that problem....and also frustration. The reasons you can read above.

... people like you who either didn't care enough to inform themselves or didn't read anything regarding the campaign carefully enough.

For completing the collection you probably will get another chance in about a year, just like with the Hunt for the Bismarck. But I doubt WG will make the DoY available again via mission chains in the forseeable future.

Btw:

37 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

1. that crappy rewards are not worth to talk about of course. There are other quests that I could have done instead for this, as we know. But THIS quest chain was about the SHIP !!

My pity for you - which was limited from the start - is really gone. Instead of saying "Well, I didn't pay attention but at least I got something out of it." you present the mentality of a spoiled child.

Actually, it reminds me of this:

The difference is that aunt Petunia aka WG won't go to the store with you and gift you more stuff.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,960 posts

You know you could repeat tasks to get the stars again, hasted the progress considerably. And... erm... You got guaranteed rewards, for the missions you completed and the Stage 1-4 you've completed. Guaranteed, and known up-front.

On a sidenote: fun little ship, the DOY.

[CATS]
Players
14,041 posts
10,543 battles

Nothing is forever.

You are at an age where you should know that.

Learn to live with the transience of things.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
2 hours ago, Adamo1 said:

All I want is a CHANCE

And that's exactly what you got - a chance. 21 days of chance to be exact. And then WG was kind enough to give you 2 more days of chance because RU and NA had a bug with one of the missions (note how EU didn't) making it a total of 23 days of chance. And you blew it. Your own fault.

I haven't been playing more than a few games every couple of days since late November, and I still managed to do the whole North Cape campaign, get the DoY, and then do the New Years campaign aswell - got all the ships and Scharnhorsts camo. There always was a timer, I always could see that I have plenty of time left to do it.

2 hours ago, Adamo1 said:

Who needs crappy flaggs in ranked for example?

Those who aren't crap at the game and generally don't hide their stats as they are too ashamed from what they can see there. Since you have to ask you clearly have no clue how valuable those signals can be.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
1,827 posts
8,874 battles

Adamo1, you seem to not realise the whole point of such time-limited christmas events is to get people playing during traditional holidays - instead of spending them the traditional way (outdoors, with the family, ...).

Of course the prizes are generally much more attractive for such time-limited events, just to incentivise people to play. Making such events permanent defeats the whole purpose. (In comparison, the one permanent campaign rewarding a ship - the T6 Shinonome - is far more challenging/tedious and still rewards a lower tier ship than the Duke of York. Generally if you want better rewards, and easier, you'll have to inconvenience yourself - AKA putting in time during holiday season.)

Sign in to follow this