You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
petgutt

Containers - Try your luck

42 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts

How often will I get a supercontainer when "Try Your Luck"?.

I have selected "Try Your Luck" for at least 20 times in a row now and i ALLWAYS get the small one.....

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

AFAIK TYL container have a 1,5x higher chance to drop super containers compared to the other 3 container types which IMO is not very noticeable. But there are no more details about the exact percentage. It is quite low though.

Additionally TYLs don't give collection items which is wrong (mixed it up with SCs). This and a very low reward make them inferior to the other container types.

[DSW]
Players
3,708 posts
7,537 battles
14 minutes ago, petgutt said:

I have selected "Try Your Luck" for at least 20 times in a row now and i ALLWAYS get the small one.....

how cute. I'm at 75.

• Funny 1

[UN]
Weekend Tester
824 posts
19,359 battles

Collecting 3 a day and always picking TYL, one every 5 to 7 days for me.

[CWOWA]
Players
34 posts
9,561 battles
30 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Additionally TYLs don't give collection items.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten plenty of collecton items from TYL-containers.

Yamamoto ones atleast.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

I'm collecting them, 4 so far, and just might "try my luck" if I get to 100. However considering the abysmal state of gameplay at the moment I doubt it. I'm really starting to get tired of it. No fun, no play, no pay.

• Cool 2

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
3 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

I got an HSF girl in one earlier today.

• Cool 2

[SB]
Players
47 posts
1,250 battles
2 minutes ago, Akula971 said:

I'm collecting them, 4 so far, and just might "try my luck" if I get to 100. However considering the abysmal state of gameplay at the moment I doubt it. I'm really starting to get tired of it. No fun, no play, no pay.

I'm doing the same thing, over halfway already. Let me know the results man.

[DC-DK]
Players
1,959 posts
22,873 battles

From my experience it seems like supercontainers tend to come in waves, Can be draught for quite some period and then boom multiples in a week even had 2 in a row twice. I'm always picking TYL

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,393 battles

Not sure you should go for the TYL ones. I got 2 supercontainers in a day while selecting flags containers, and 1 more after a week. The flags containers have also given me hundreds of the exp and credits flags, along with other really useful ones. Never going back to TYL.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, petgutt sagte:

there are no official numbers...

I had 11 sc in 199 TyL, 3 sc in 83 credit containers, 0 sc in 87 signal/camo containers and 2 sc in 89 consumables containers

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,396 battles

I believe the way TYL works is you get an extra roll for an SC.

All containers roll on collection for an SC and they can instantly spawn.

With TYL you get an extra chance when the dice pop up. 

What the percentages are I dunno :cap_haloween:

[NWP]
Players
885 posts
8,158 battles
6 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

From my experience it seems like supercontainers tend to come in waves, Can be draught for quite some period and then boom multiples in a week even had 2 in a row twice.

True, so true.

After opening 2 final stage campaign SCs , I won another 2 in the next two days.

And this has happened again in the past , seems like a SC starts the process of earning more SCs after long "drought" periods.

[NWP]
Players
885 posts
8,158 battles
2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

there are no official numbers...

I had 11 sc in 199 TyL, 3 sc in 83 credit containers, 0 sc in 87 signal/camo containers and 2 sc in 89 consumables containers

I was under the impression that TYL's had 3% SC drop rate and the 3 other choices had 1.5% , think I read something like that in Reddit many months ago but  I am not sure.

But even like that, 3% drop rate does NOT mean statistically that when u open 100 boxes, 3 of them will be SCs for sure.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,396 battles
6 minutes ago, tank276 said:

True, so true.

After opening 2 final stage campaign SCs , I won another 2 in the next two days.

And this has happened again in the past , seems like a SC starts the process of earning more SCs after long "drought" periods.

I've had this too...

Even had some occasions where I'll get two in a single day.

They'll all filled with flags or  bad modules however so nothing to get excited about...

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Gerade eben, tank276 sagte:

I was under the impression that TYL's had 3% SC drop rate and the 3 other choices had 1.5% ,

as far as I remember all those numbers were/are only estimations by players, and WG has never released any offical numbers. Once patch notes mentioned that the probalitiy for a sc was raised by 50%, but they did not say what the 'base value' was previously...

to be honest: I was eager for super containers mainly because of the chance to  get a Nikolai. After I got one in the santa boxes, I am really relaxed regarding super containers...

• Cool 1

Players
163 posts
8,548 battles
7 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

Wrong,i i choose tyl constantly and most of my yamamoto coll is from them

• Cool 1

Players
404 posts
6,027 battles

Currnenty at 520 containers and 4 SC.  I just get consumables, never TYL. That said, I got 7 ships in boxes for about 90 Euro, along with 300 dragon flags and 200 ftost camo over christmas.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,900 posts
21,553 battles

When they were introduced 13 /327 (99% TYL), then from patch 061 to 067 20/448 after that the situation is probably roughly the same but I have during Yamamoto collection and now HSF switched to normal containers. So for me I guess its roughly 4% and the figure that I have seen that it is half otherwise seems plausible.

But it is not only the % you should look at , it is the rewards, early on it was many credit containers and there was no upgrades. If you get a supercontainer, I advise you not expect a high drop rate of FreeXP, Ships or premium time, I have not recieved any of these and I estimate that I have around 60 SCs atm. I do not include any won superconatiners from various events, 2 year jubilees or so, only those that you chose among daily containers. I have not won any ships or FreeXP among those either but recieved some Premium days in the SCs I got in the Jubilee event. The rewards was totally different. 

If you should take SCs depends on your situation. I do it as have flags , camos etc in abundance and one thing that you could get in scs is the upgrades, which are both useless and some are good if you have the correct ships, f.e. the speed boost modification works on French cruisers (and later on French Bbs probably),m and for my French cruisers it is 6 speed boost mods The Radar module is also useful, they are rare so do not sale these if you plan on climbing the tiers, Hydro is useful on German DDs etc. 

The special flags (Dragon flags etc) can also be found in SCs, never in ordinary. But if you are new to the game and need credits, flags etc it is not unwise to take ordinary containers and use the results wisely , especially if you do not have premium account, in that case it is easier to afford the prem consumables.

Remember as others have said that RNG sometimes is not in your favour , I have drawn SCs once two in a row so sometimes it is 0 containers between sometimes 30-40.

Players
204 posts
321 battles

It's not Hearthstone, so there is no pity timer knowing the WG scheme. So a 5% chance for a SC is plausible (google had noone knowing the details so far).

It's gambling, so i got my frist Super on the 24 container, another maybe 100 away, or even 1000, duno, it's probability.

For me, hawing some premiums, credit containers and ship mods are useless so i pick RnG on the first and flags on the last two daily. The reasoning is - if i dont haw enough time to play, flags won't add to anything but gambling can and i usually manage to get 1-2 dayly containers on work days and 3 on weekends if i don't haw anything other to do.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,955 battles

Keep opening others for a while, and then after you've opened enough open a TYL...you'll magically get a SC

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,908 posts
25,209 battles

I never use TYL, last week I had 2 x SC's one after another just selecting Flags n Camo's.