Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
buccaneer_invader

BRITISH AIRCRAFTCARRIERS AND SUBMARINES

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,296 battles
Spoiler

image.png.7a431ae8c7b29f42802f25ba30185325.png

Though if you are serious:

CVs need a rework before WG start bringing out more.

Submarines do not fit the playstyle of WoWS, WG has said that they will not be implemented in the forseeable future.

Beta Tester
5,036 posts
2,939 battles

Soon

Our service would like to inform you that the length of Soon™ may vary.

Players
401 posts
2,993 battles

I presume the caps lock is supposed to convey shouting? I guess I need ear plugs then.

As above, Subs would be cool but not in the current WoWs, and RN carriers will probably come SoonTM , along with the suggested CV rework. Maybe 2018 will be year of the CV instead... :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
33 posts
9,057 battles
On 1/20/2018 at 10:59 AM, Centurion_1711 said:

I presume the caps lock is supposed to convey shouting? I guess I need ear plugs then.

As above, Subs would be cool but not in the current WoWs, and RN carriers will probably come SoonTM , along with the suggested CV rework. Maybe 2018 will be year of the CV instead... :Smile_teethhappy:

THANKS

Players
33 posts
9,057 battles
On 1/20/2018 at 10:59 AM, Centurion_1711 said:

THANKS

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,867 posts
3,718 battles
On 19-1-2018 at 10:55 PM, buccaneer_invader said:

WHEN ARE WEGETTING THESE.

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ADD SUBMARINES
CV'S ARE COMING AFTER THE REWORK SOMEWHERE LATER THIS YEAR

• Funny 1

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,951 posts
6,927 battles

YCAQOuv.jpg

RN CV's :___________________________SUBS :

SOONTM ____ NEVER

Edited by WolfGewehr
Year of the CV in 3,2,1.........

Players
33 posts
9,057 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 3:44 PM, Verdius said:

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ADD SUBMARINES
CV'S ARE COMING AFTER THE REWORK SOMEWHERE LATER THIS YEAR

The HIDE feature is not a fair play. I will never use it. Never ran from a fight. Boxed and Played Rugby in ROYAL NAVY .  Will always be attacking not showing my stern. Require who use it battle those that  Use it,    like me those who do not use it  battle others who do not use it. There is not any thing that is on that will show properly against hideys. Lets have more fair battles.

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
956 posts
9,123 battles
10 minutes ago, buccaneer_invader said:

The HIDE feature is not a fair play. I will never use it. Never ran from a fight. Boxed and Played Rugby in ROYAL NAVY .  Will always be attacking not showing my stern. Require who use it battle those that  Use it,    like me those who do not use it  battle others who do not use it. There is not any thing that is on that will show properly against hideys. Lets have more fair battles.

I imagine some of that made sense to someone somewhere o.O

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
5,036 posts
2,939 battles
3 hours ago, buccaneer_invader said:

not showing my stern

Does that mean you'll go backwards ?

Also, what if an ennemy sneaks behind you, will you first turn around ?

And what if their are enemies at 12 and 6 ? Will you make a quarter of turn and show a broadside to each, ensuring none gets more of your stern than the others ?

And if they're all around you ? Will you sink by the stern so that only your stem pokes out of the water - until nothing pokes out anymore ?

• Funny 1

Players
42 posts
4,341 battles
On 1/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, buccaneer_invader said:

WHEN ARE WEGETTING THESE.

I'd be more inclined to ask when are we getting ships that aren't nobbled. Seeing as the software people are biased against anything that is of equal worth to the russian rubbish. The British line is screwed in that cruisers above lvl 4 have no HE and their torpedo tubes either removed or severely cut, with ridiculous reload times. Also the battle lines we have are not what were deemed of 1st rate.

I'm starting to have serious doubts about the progeny of this game.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
371 posts
1,636 battles
On 24/01/2018 at 5:19 PM, RobS80 said:

I imagine some of that made sense to someone somewhere o.O

Sense? um... not sure. But I think he may be struggling with the spotting mechanics? Or Campers?

5k battles though :etc_hide_turtle:

That aside - thanks @buccaneer_invader for your service in the RN! Just remember this isn't real-life so you may need to adapt your game to win (I'm sure that's a military motto from somewhere!?) 

Not that i can say much :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
401 posts
2,993 battles
13 hours ago, Captain_T_Hardy said:

The British line is screwed in that cruisers above lvl 4 have no HE and their torpedo tubes either removed or severely cut, with ridiculous reload times

Mimicking real life: Britain has an aircraft carrier with no bloody aircraft, which is exactly like a cruiser without HE.

However, I enjoy playing them. They are monstrous when played properly, the only thing they struggle with is a player that knows how to angle. It would be nice to get better torps, but that can't be helped.

On topic, I believe there is a better thread for RN aircraft carriers in the ships sub-forum. Go take a look.

• Cool 1

Players
42 posts
4,341 battles
On 1/26/2018 at 10:05 AM, Centurion_1711 said:

Mimicking real life: Britain has an aircraft carrier with no bloody aircraft, which is exactly like a cruiser without HE.

However, I enjoy playing them. They are monstrous when played properly, the only thing they struggle with is a player that knows how to angle. It would be nice to get better torps, but that can't be helped.

On topic, I believe there is a better thread for RN aircraft carriers in the ships sub-forum. Go take a look.

2 from this year isn't it? But then thats stupid politics for you, I imagine they will be used to carry all the illegal immigrants here from the Med so that they can get a council house free and for gratis.

However I stand by what I said about nobbling our cruisers, btw there's not 1 8" gunned cruiser in there, yet we get sh1te ships like Scharnhorst and Guisenau, which were the german equivalent of ww1 armed merchant cruisers treated like battleships.

I think the software writers need to go get an education.

I'll go look at the carriers thread, not that I play them.

• Cool 1

Players
401 posts
2,993 battles
13 hours ago, Captain_T_Hardy said:

2 from this year isn't it? But then thats stupid politics for you, I imagine they will be used to carry all the illegal immigrants here from the Med so that they can get a council house free and for gratis.

However I stand by what I said about nobbling our cruisers, btw there's not 1 8" gunned cruiser in there, yet we get sh1te ships like Scharnhorst and Guisenau, which were the german equivalent of ww1 armed merchant cruisers treated like battleships.

I think the software writers need to go get an education.

I'll go look at the carriers thread, not that I play them.

Fair point about no heavy cruisers. I did like Fiji and Edinburgh isn't as bad as some make out, but I feel that the 8" guns of the Pepsi, Algerie, or Myoko are simply more versatile and better in longer ranged cruiser gun fights. I do hope for a split line at some point, it would be nice to see HMS Exeter, the Town class heavy cruisers etc. Hopefully they would be 'normal', without gimmicky SAP or something

• Cool 1

Players
42 posts
4,341 battles
4 minutes ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Fair point about no heavy cruisers. I did like Fiji and Edinburgh isn't as bad as some make out, but I feel that the 8" guns of the Pepsi, Algerie, or Myoko are simply more versatile and better in longer ranged cruiser gun fights. I do hope for a split line at some point, it would be nice to see HMS Exeter, the Town class heavy cruisers etc. Hopefully they would be 'normal', without gimmicky SAP or something

I presume by town class you mean the York class, which were cut down county class cruisers (1922 Washington Treaty). My uncle served on  HMS Devonshire and to be honest I'd like to see that in the game.

Fiji and Edinburgh are nice ships, but they could do with having HE shells as the AP ones are just stupid when used against a destroyer unless you can hit them on the for and aft lines.

• Cool 1

Players
401 posts
2,993 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_T_Hardy said:

I presume by town class you mean the York class, which were cut down county class cruisers (1922 Washington Treaty). My uncle served on  HMS Devonshire and to be honest I'd like to see that in the game.

Fiji and Edinburgh are nice ships, but they could do with having HE shells as the AP ones are just stupid when used against a destroyer unless you can hit them on the for and aft lines.

I always confuse those ships, I meant the ones with 8x 8-inchers. Exeter and York might be good for the tier below as they lose some firepower (and armour I believe?)

On Fiji: I found it amusing that on one of the PvE missions I couldn't damage an AI Mahan as he charged directly at me. Really stupid that a cruiser can't do its intended role of sinking destroyers...

• Cool 1

Players
42 posts
4,341 battles
2 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

I always confuse those ships, I meant the ones with 8x 8-inchers. Exeter and York might be good for the tier below as they lose some firepower (and armour I believe?)

On Fiji: I found it amusing that on one of the PvE missions I couldn't damage an AI Mahan as he charged directly at me. Really stupid that a cruiser can't do its intended role of sinking destroyers...

The Mahan is a tough ship to destroy and also being maneuverable its good at surviving. I think the light cruisers of ww2 are not really light cruisers when you think of their tonnage and I think they could have been equipped with 8" guns along the lines of the Pensacola with 10 8" guns. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this