kenalb

focused shots

38 comments in this topic

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles

Hi guys 

how do you make a focused shot with any battleship?

I was sunk by a focused shot where all 8 shells hit the same spot, and when spectating I saw a Tirpitz doing it too to another Tirpitz so how to do it?

I cant seem to find it anywhere, so please explain.

thank you

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,783 battles

RNGebus said yes to him and no to u. Nothing more.

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles
14 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Aim well and have luck.

Hmm i dont Think that a full broadside can be aimed at exactly The same spot so all 8. Shells hit it simoultanisly with just good aim i believe that dispersion prevent this. 

So how to do this. 

[UNICS]
Players
45 posts
16,297 battles

You know how dispersion (roughly) works?

its somekind RNG based- it means sometimes your shells group good- sometimes they dont. and sometimes they all hit one spot.

HINT

[CATS]
Players
14,130 posts
10,577 battles
1 hour ago, kenalb said:

Hmm i dont Think that a full broadside can be aimed at exactly The same spot so all 8. Shells hit it simoultanisly with just good aim i believe that dispersion prevent this. 

So how to do this. 

That is why I wrote "have luck"....

But if you aim badly, all the luck in world will not help you.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,043 posts
5,606 battles

Skills & luck

Players
204 posts
329 battles

Btw: which crosshair to use? I seemed to do fine with the auto-scaling according to zoom one, but that one lacks the 15-45 Degree lines. WG should really support all shapes of crosshairs for the dinamic one because it seems that people use mods and lead way way better than me as of late. Mind you i played WoT for yers and elited a lot of TD's, so leading targets isin't new hawing an 53.28% accuracy rating in WoT.  The dynamic one is calibrated for 30 knots,  static is calibrated for 20 knots and it feels wrong allreaddy. Can someone point me to a mod with scaling croshairs?

At least aimbot is less apparent in WoWs due the base 25% dispersion RNG.

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles

I do not use mods, i Think that mods is a bit like cheating, i have not changed anything since i first set sail in this game. But i do believe that it is a mod that gives you this atvantage and not skills alone. 

[CATS]
Players
14,130 posts
10,577 battles

No...

A mod cannot do that.

Get the tinfoil hat of your head before it does any lasting damage.

Beta Tester
1,283 posts
5,034 battles
5 minutes ago, kenalb said:

But i do believe that it is a mod that gives you this atvantage and not skills alone. 

It isn't. It's purely down to RNG and luck.

[-T-O-]
2,043 posts
5,606 battles
1 hour ago, kenalb said:

I do not use mods, i Think that mods is a bit like cheating, i have not changed anything since i first set sail in this game. But i do believe that it is a mod that gives you this atvantage and not skills alone. 

You got outplayed... deal with it :Smile_glasses:

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles
12 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

You got outplayed... deal with it :Smile_glasses:

Hmm yes but that is not The point. The point is that  some players Can focus their shots to hit one spot with a full broadside and i just want to know how to do that cause it is really effective.  

[ETD5]
Players
234 posts
1,504 battles

This thing you call "focused shot" doesn't exist as stated by other players with way more experience. You need to understand that these shots are the result of both good aiming and server deciding that the shot will have very low or no dispersion at all.

Also you need to understand that KM BBs have some of the worst accurate guns in the game. This is because they are meant to be brawlers and not snipe. So get closer to the enemy and you will find out that most of your shells will land on the enemy ship.

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles

Well i Will record it so you Can see it for your self. It does exist but i get it thanks 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles
On 1/21/2018 at 11:52 AM, kenalb said:

i do believe that it is a mod that gives you this atvantage and not skills alone. 

No it's not, you are simply bad at the game / at aiming and trying to drop your potato guilt on anything except yourself.

12 hours ago, kenalb said:

some players Can focus their shots to hit one spot with a full broadside and i just want to know how to do that cause it is really effective.  

No they can't. All they can do is select which ship class / line they play, stop sucking at aiming and hope RNGesus will be kind.

You are playing German BBs which are infamous for being inaccurate, your tier 8 average dmg is lower than I have on tier 2 and your killrate looks like a single random accident every few games. That leaves us with 2 options - either "my haz guut rangu, me a sniperino at 25km!!!!" or "my Derpitz haz torp, me a DD! Chaaaaaaaaaaaarge!" both of which are absolutely failed playstyles. Interestingly enough I can't tell you which one it is bcuz of your low survivability (charging?) and at the same time ridiculously low hitrates - 20ish % mostly, Derpitz and Bismark are even sub-18% (long range useless sniping). Somehow you are managing to do both.

2 hours ago, kenalb said:

Well i Will record it so you Can see it for your self. It does exist but i get it thanks

Just google how to activate replays

Everything here comes down to you being a new and clueless player who immediately went and bought a tier 8 BB bcuz "I'm too skilled to learn how to play" which was immediately followed by "OMG they all are cheating, not fair!"

Literally learn to play.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,988 battles
23 minutes ago, kenalb said:

It does exist but i get it thanks 

It does not.....It's pure luck

[-T-O-]
2,043 posts
5,606 battles
1 hour ago, kenalb said:

Well i Will record it so you Can see it for your self. 

Exactly! Replay or didn't happen. 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles

@kenalb here, educate yourself with this very simplistic example of how RNG works

So you have your target area where those shells can land (an ellipse).

For simplicity lets just assume that it has, for example, 3 areas (inner, middle and outer) each with its own hit chance - lets say inner has 50%, middle has 33.3% and outer has 16.7%

Those can be represented as equally likely RNG rolls 1, 2 and 3 for the inner area, 4 and 5 for the middle area and 6 for the outer area

Then each of those areas can be separated in, lets say, 16 equal sub-areas, numbered by equal RNG rolls 1 through 16

4v0qttX.png

Now using something like https://www.random.org/ we can get our hit spots - roll 1 through 6 for area, and then 1 through 16 for sub area.

Also for simplicity I just went with - if area can be rolled by multiple numbers (example: inner area can be 1, 2 and 3) then they go from center to outside (rolling 1 would be middle of inner area, rolling 3 would be outside of inner area and so on)

Now lets say you are firing 8-shell salvos, and you fire a total of 6 salvos. That would mean we need 8 * 6 = 48 pairs of RNG rolls.

After that's done you can plot them on your target area (left img)

And just to make it a bit easier to see - removing those internal grid lines (right img)

(for a larger img just click on it)

SColcin.pngc5dX1rl.png

Now as you can see you've got 6 completely different salvos in identical situations.

Salvo #1 is quite wide spread, shells going all over the place, but still could have been worse

Salvos #2 and #4 have some shells going center with a lot of scattering around for the rest of them

Salvo #5 is quite accurate with a few stray shells

Salvos #3 and #6 have really tight central grouping

All 6 in perfectly equal situation, all down to RNG not some magical "make those shells go focused"

• Cool 2

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles

Why so nasty and bullieng i was asking a question thats all No need to be cruel

I get it its pure luck nothing else according to you. 

as i Said i have seen it and was wondering how to do it,  didnt say i was good at this game , havent played that long.  And my Tirpitz was a present along with my Prince eugen, my bismarck was not

and yes i did infact advance Way faster than i expected,  hence my fully upgraded Bismarck to prove it. 

But thank you for your time. 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles
4 minutes ago, kenalb said:

Why so nasty and bullieng i was asking a question thats all No need to be cruel

Could be something to do with a clueless new player buying a tier 8 premium and then complaining how unfair the game is bcuz he has no clue what to do

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles
On ‎22‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 1:41 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Could be something to do with a clueless new player buying a tier 8 premium and then complaining how unfair the game is bcuz he has no clue what to do

as i explained i havent bought anything, but i have a question,  witch upgrades do i need installed on my Bismarck to get 12km range of my secondary artillery?  i was in battle with another Bismarck and his secondary guns started firing at me at 12 km range,  i have read and looked but cant seem to find the answer. 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles
14 minutes ago, kenalb said:

witch upgrades do i need installed on my Bismarck to get 12km range of my secondary artillery?  i was in battle with another Bismarck and his secondary guns started firing at me at 12 km range,  i have read and looked but cant seem to find the answer. 

He has Advanced Firing Training captain skill (+20% range) and Secondary Battery Mod 2 in the upgrade slot 3 (+20% range) and Mike-Yankee-Soxisix (secondary battery) signal (+5% range) - getting it up to 11.34km which is max for Bismark.

Look up "German BB secondary build" - it's the one almost everyone runs on Bismark, FDG and GK

• Cool 1

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,393 battles

thank you just what i was looking for. i must be missing an upgrade i guess.

and another question, i just battled Against some guys from 4HUM , and i was wondering how come 3 battleships firing at his Bismarck hitting him hard,  i got 25k damage on him but he didnt get a single scratch and ended up sinking all 3 of us.  is there a advanced armour pack or forcefield or something,   he did just sail around sinking everything in sight and of course won big is that possible even with noobs. i think he lost only 10k in this battle and he took down 5 or 6 ships with ease.