Sign in to follow this  
_Relik

Roma projectile dispersion

4 comments in this topic

[FABER]
Players
22 posts
3,399 battles

I hope that this something that can be look at more seriously, the dispersion on the projectile while the enemy ship go straight is unreal 9 out 10 time you don't get a single hit, I love the ship but I do think still to be optimize .

I hope was not design like this and WG can have another look at it and patch it.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

The dispersion on Roma is supposed to be as it is, for balancing reasons. You got nice turret traverse speed and high shell penetration, to make sure you overpen at least, if your shells connect. Roma is not supposed to be a tier 8 Giulio Cesare, so enjoy!

On a more serious note: Information about brutally silly RNG on Roma´s main batteries hasn´t been a secret before it´s release. Roma uses the german "shotgun" mechanic for it´s guns, without the reduced reload of the german guns. Instead, you get that improved overpenetration mechanic increased penetration mechanic and great concealement. Roma, if my interpretation of WGs intentions are correct, is supposed to make use of it´s stealthyness (if you spec her towards that aspect, of course), so you can shotgun your targets at close range, and make use of your high turret traverse speed and "great armor". Because, eating shells as focus target and being the main dish at an HE-spam barbecue, is your primary battlefield role! Who doesn´t enjoy that, come on? Not worht the money? ;)

No camp and snipe for (new) BBs anymore, only brawling...

Basically a good idea. Would work better, if secondary guns would be of use, and BB guns would be reliable at close ranges... instead, we get imcreased-RNG-shotguns...

• Cool 1

[FABER]
Players
22 posts
3,399 battles

I get your point but is almost impossible to hit a target properly when come towards you head on the dispersion is to great that 1 hit 9 miss I understood the Roma how should be played but if you take away the secondary and the AA and give me this kind of dispersion I wont reach the brawling point.

Other T8 are more balanced ( IMHO) but if WG give another look at it wont hurt either !

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
1,531 battles

brawling?? 

going brawling with Rome is not always a good idea ... the high citadel makes Rome become a target too easy to kill!

Ok you have to pay attention to the positioning but imho another T8 like for example alabama can be played in a similar way and be more performing (I know it has a worse            concealment but it has better AA, equally performing cannons and an incredible torpedo spot and armor too) 

Roma turns the turrets in 30 seconds... alabama in 40! I do not think this is enough to make it like the other t8.

Everyone understood that Rome is not an easy-to-use BB but now it's really complicated especially against T9 T10.

I do not say that it is weak but it is not as performing as the others.

Sign in to follow this