Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
t3h3th32

Remove / Disable Patches From 0.7.0?

32 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Players
983 posts
10,083 battles

Hello,

anyone got an idea, how to remove or disable those weird cloth patches, they introduced in 0.7.0?

It looks really weird and visually doesn't belong to the game.

Can we get a settings in option, so we can turn that thing off exactly the same way, like the anime content? Or can someone mod it and replace the game files with some better looking images?

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

• Cool 2

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,227 posts
7,027 battles

there should be mod in aslain, there is also surely one flying around somewhere on the forums

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

It would be nice to have a simple toggle to turn them off without a mod, this sort of thing should be optional.

• Cool 4

Players
460 posts
5,089 battles

Now imagine how much time it took to make it and make it up and how much time it took for it ( "cloth patches" ) - while they don't give a f about gazilion real problem in game, for one ap shell on DDs, 4K UI, 1001 MM idiocy problem and so on ...

But what we got, another premium ( after there is more premium than normal ship from teach. ), new port and another anime that don't even come close to belong to this game ..

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles

Yeah the badges look cr@p, they reek of an after thought and they don't fit into the rest of the historical naval theme.

An off toggle would be great...

Or maybe they'll improve them with time?

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,227 posts
7,027 battles
6 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Yeah the badges look cr@p, they reek of an after thought and they don't fit into the rest of the historical naval theme.

An off toggle would be great...

Or maybe they'll improve them with time?

just look at the main flags....so much wasted potencial

no they wont

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles
21 minutes ago, von_chom said:

just look at the main flags....so much wasted potencial

no they wont

All the top badges look like generic Sci Fi emblems which are pretty awful looking and they'll be shoved in your face when you die too :Smile_sceptic:

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,544 battles

Some dev must have brought his kid at the office then let him unsupervised.

[WGP2W]
Players
983 posts
10,083 battles

I think, I'll mod the images and create the ultimate Pepe Patches.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

• Cool 1

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Beta Tester
21 posts

Hi!

I enjoyed the game very much until yesterday. 

But this emblem/patch stuff is extremely annoying, and I do not want it. 

There has to be an option to turn this crap off as soon as possible. 

I very much appreciate the work that has gone into this game, but this emblem crap has to go asap.

Ted

[OGHF]
Players
546 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

beer cans stuck on Italian battleships.

What the heck is that all about??????? :Smile_facepalm:

[OGHF]
Players
546 posts
10,430 battles

Apart from the daft badges etc, why the heck have they changed the “Division” box ??? They have now put it at the bottom for of the screen completely in the way and not as easy to use etc, WHY!!!!!

Beta Tester
84 posts
17,138 battles
37 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Apart from the daft badges etc, why the heck have they changed the “Division” box ??? They have now put it at the bottom for of the screen completely in the way and not as easy to use etc, WHY!!!!!

Agreed the old separate division chat box and ship/ready windows was far more used friendly, the most irritating thing is that the widow resets to the bottom left after every battle and doesnt  stay where i put it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,756 posts
13,295 battles

...and still not option to change opacity for the chat box, so on some maps you can't really see what's written in chat. Okay...  usually there's nothing important there anyway, but anyway it would be nice to at least be able to decide for yourself if you want to read it or be at least able to read it...

[SCRUB]
Players
1,927 posts

I wouldn't say disable entirely, but remove them from spectator mode (they add nothing and since number of combination is not that large, patches at this point are not that unique).

Also "In your face" feature of patches will only add to toxicity, since for many it will be a trigger...

Patches and Emblems should only be a part of profile and maybe some other parts of the game, but outside the battle.

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
13 hours ago, t3h3th32 said:

Hello,

anyone got an idea, how to remove or disable those weird cloth patches, they introduced in 0.7.0?

It looks really weird and visually doesn't belong to the game.

Can we get a settings in option, so we can turn that thing off exactly the same way, like the anime content? Or can someone mod it and replace the game files with some better looking images?

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Ironic that you want weird cloth patches removed because they look "really weird and visually doesn't belong" while apparently signing your post by headbutting your keyboard. 

Fine. I'll say it. I like the patches. Yes, it's inconsequential fluff when development resources could be assigned to umpteen other things but I think it's a nice touch to allow us a little bit of freedom to personalise our accounts beyond choosing a name. I'm sure this will lead to a roll-out of challenges and bonus boxes for new trivial items and that's good because it's something else to keep players engaged after they realise that the Bismarck sinking is not only historically accurate but also happens in the game.

I agree that the in-your-face pop-up on being sunk is too .. er .. in your face :Smile_amazed: but it's a new system and like all change it needs time to settle in. I just wish that the stitching on my lion was an exact colour match to the edging of the shield. And yes, I'm serious.

• Bad 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles

Aslain already has a remove emblem on death option.

That'll do me...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
516 posts
11,090 battles

Nice, i want to remove them aswell, they where really a waste of time. If they wanted to make this cool they could have made it really custom, ones that we could draw up ourself, upload and put on the ships.

Gonna use aslains mod to remove them now.

[T_N_T]
Players
79 posts
6,262 battles

Of course we remove them, they are pointless.

As people said before, the game has 100 things more important  to fix/add, and this patches aren't even bottom 1000. I dont give a damn somebody worked hard on them, fix game mechanics first, then play with cosmetics.

But this crap brings money, nice, dont care. Mod goes in, crap goes away. That simple.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
5,997 battles

Stop dying so often, and you will not have to see the damn things every game :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
2 hours ago, McCracken666 said:

Nice, i want to remove them aswell, they where really a waste of time. If they wanted to make this cool they could have made it really custom, ones that we could draw up ourself, upload and put on the ships.

No thanks, I've no desire to see the various artistic renderings of genitalia that always accompany such artistic freedoms.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
516 posts
11,090 battles
3 minutes ago, Strappster said:

No thanks, I've no desire to see the various artistic renderings of genitalia that always accompany such artistic freedoms.

I would love to see "various artistic renderings of genitalia" on my screen after i got killed :)

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this