Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ryouzanpakku

HSF Graf Spee camo W207

9 comments in this topic

Players
131 posts
1,011 battles

Is this the default HSF Graf Spee camo? (defaul like "the one you get when buing HSF Graf Spee package")

If so is 100% free xp bonus enough to make T6 reliable free xp farmer?

image.thumb.png.91cd3acc20ef9933f3f4da61a472dfc1.png

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

It's the camo that's on my ship (bought last time it was on sale, not this time) and with the right flags I was getting around 1k free xp from each battle during my recent push for the Missouri.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 29 Minuten, Ryouzanpakku sagte:

imho no, if you have other camos which give +100% XP instead of +50% XP of this camo, and also use signals to boost your FreeXP

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,725 posts
10,679 battles

Personally, i'd never waste special signals on ships like the Graf Spee, since in my opinion(!), the Graf Spee is too inconsistent with its results.

I use those on ships of TVIII and higher (with the Kamikaze sisters at TV as exceptions), ships i can do very well in and put the signals on those.

They net me between 6 (bad game) and 18k (very good game) free XP per game.

• Cool 1

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
27 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Personally, i'd never waste special signals on ships like the Graf Spee, since in my opinion(!), the Graf Spee is too inconsistent with its results.

You're probably right, I was running them on every ship I was playing in order to rack up as much free xp as I could to research the Missouri before it's removed from the tech tree. :Smile_Default:

Players
1,271 posts
3,476 battles
2 hours ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

Is this the default HSF Graf Spee camo? (defaul like "the one you get when buing HSF Graf Spee package")

image.thumb.png.91cd3acc20ef9933f3f4da61a472dfc1.png

1) Yes, that is the camo that comes default on the HSF Graf Spee.

2) Possibly, but only if you are confident enough in your Graf Spee gameplay. I'm not, so I struggle to do anything decent with her.

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

2) Possibly, but only if you are confident enough in your Graf Spee gameplay. I'm not, so I struggle to do anything decent with her.

I think @Jethro_Grey hit the nail on the head with "inconsistent". I've had battles where I've reliably bounced tier 7 BB AP with some angling and I've had others where I've been deleted in two salvos despite thinking I was doing exactly the same thing. Sometimes the guns are excellent, sometimes they shotgun shells everywhere but at the target. The reload is painful for a cruiser, good for a BB but the in-between calibre means you're not firing often enough to trade with another cruiser and don't have the alpha or penetration to trade with a BB.

I still enjoy it, it's a comfortable ship to play but it's taken me plenty of battles to begin to understand how to utilise it best, as a support ship that can deliver a nice surprise. I run with DAA rather than hydro on the basis that it doesn't have the reload for pushing smoke but I might re-spec for secondaries to see if I can use those better. The catapult fighter can disrupt air attacks and it might be better for damaging DDs if I can get the secondaries to complement the range of the hydro.

• Cool 1

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

Just checked in game and the HSF camo and the standard camo confer the same bonuses.

iAaYJLg.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
131 posts
1,011 battles

@Strappster  that is interesting as according to the wiki Type 10 does not have this bonus... seems it is special Type 10 camo only for HSF Graf Spee... and Type 10 on my Scharnhorst indeed does not have extra bonus.

Can someone with non-HSF version of Graf Spee confirm this?

image.thumb.png.20a69a36517bfabf63a1050ef5ea7c38.png

Sign in to follow this