Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RAHJAILARI

Damage Control Party Modification 1, is there any ship where this is a good option?

28 comments in this topic

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

Well, I guess the title says it all BUT I recently got a couple of these and I cannot for the love of God think of any ship where I would LIKE to mount this instead any of the other options for the same slot. Neither can I think of any ship or situation in which this could actually be described as a viable option. Anyone out there, who has found an actual use for it? :Smile_smile:

I was thinking of giving it to Mikasa (useless main battery and always on fire etc) but alas, it is for tier 6-10 only so foiled again there... :Smile_sad:

[WGP2W]
Players
745 posts
12,713 battles

I've used it on the Missiouri to get 28 second immunity. It's a bit of a double edged sword given that the countdown only starts again once your dcp runs out, but it does make a difference to have 8 extra seconds of iimmunity when you are taking heavy fire.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

Aaahhaah, @Namolisso would it be a good choice for a ship like Bismark then, if you like to tank? :cap_hmm:

You know close quarters, lotsa counter-fire, danger of torps and always on fire type of thing?:cap_rambo:

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,951 posts
6,927 battles
2 minutes ago, von_chom said:

UK BBs , especially Nelson

Was about to say Nelson but got jinxed :P

(I still want a radar mod. >__<)

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

But why, oh why @WolfGewehr? I have read how it works in general, but have not really taken in the full significance of it so I need some explanations from someone who's actually tried it out to enlighten me as to what gives. :Smile_amazed:

[NWP]
Players
885 posts
8,158 battles

British BBs seem the most viable choice as mentioned above, although I have mine on the Grosser Kurfurst I think.

[SINT]
Players
270 posts
13,050 battles
4 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Was about to say Nelson but got jinxed :P

(I still want a radar mod. >__<)

A Nelson? A Nelson laughs at being at fire, jus pop your super heal :)

[NWP]
Players
885 posts
8,158 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

OK @tank276 , why in Grosser Kurfurst tho? What exactly does it do that makes it a good choice for that ship?:cap_hmm:

Guess it is my tankier ship in game dude, thats about it.

Take a lot of dmg tanking for team mates and want the repair party to be active as long as possible.

it increases the time DamaConParty is active by 40%.

Dont expect too many technical stuff from me , I am just a simpleton playing WOWS. :Smile_hiding:

[WGP2W]
Players
745 posts
12,713 battles
15 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Aaahhaah, @Namolisso would it be a good choice for a ship like Bismark then, if you like to tank? :cap_hmm:

You know close quarters, lotsa counter-fire, danger of torps and always on fire type of thing?:cap_rambo:

My thinking was that USN already have the longest DCP time, so they would get the largest amount of seconds as a bonus. KM has 15 seconds, so they are not too shabby either.

I have generally gone with surivivability to secondaries on the ships that use them - they are located in the area that most people target after all - but if you don't find yourself losing secondaries often (or don't use a secondary build) maybe this one is equally good or better.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

Hhehehe, no worries @tank276, if you went all technical I wouldn't understand it anyways. :Smile_ohmy:

Ssoo, basically... What you guys are saying is that while it is active you cannot be set on fire or be flooded - immune to addition damage by flooding or fire so to speak? So it helps to limit the damage you take while tanking then? Hmm, indeed looks like something that might be useful for a Bismarck then. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
270 posts
13,050 battles

While this module does help with reducing potential dmg of being on fire the only real benefit is the longer immunity against torps. Some dd’s and cv actually time their torpedo runs based on the cool down of your repair. The longer immunity might thus save you from a torp attack (and the resulting flooding )in 2 stages.

• Cool 2

[HOME]
1,951 posts
6,927 battles

1 minute ago, Jvd2000 said:

A Nelson? A Nelson laughs at being at fire, jus pop your super heal :)))

Oh. Didn't know that.

4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

But why, oh why @WolfGewehr? I have read how it works in general, but have not really taken in the full significance of it so I need some explanations from someone who's actually tried it out to enlighten me as to what gives. :Smile_amazed:

As enlightened above, Lolson can resist fire very well thanks to her superheal. Personally I found out that my sole DCP mod. 1 is best used on Nelson, enhancing her survivability during the moment you disengage from too hot situations. Nelson is good to tank HE spam/fires, but slow and at times you may need to disengage (when you get too much focus) and then the longer uptime on damage control helps.

Why it helps? When you try to disengage into concealment under HE spam while burning, you want to be sure you don't catch a surprise fire from a shell that was mid air while you used your DC. Thus you need to time the usage of your DC carefully and here the extra seconds help against shells that were still in air.

It doesn't really need to be Nelson, but I just personally found it most useful on her for me, helping to disengage with this static, slower ship. I.e. for me this DCP mod is a tool to help to disengage.

• Cool 2

Players
94 posts
678 battles

I was so confused for a minute there.

Damage Control System Modification 1 and Damage Control Party Modification 1 are far too similarly named.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,227 posts
7,027 battles

also bear in mind that the window during which you are spotted after firing is 20s

so the mod helps you to cover this window more or less completely (from 15s to 19s increase)

especially useful when disengaging as mentioned above

[UTW]
7,954 posts
6,634 battles

Amazing upgrade on all USN BB. I have it on Alabama (previously NC before I got the premium in a X-mas container) and Montana, and it's amazing. This 28 seconds immunity is just that strong.

I think it's only worth using on IJN BBs to get the immunity from a short 10 to a more reasonable 14, and on USN BB to get that incredibly long immunity time.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

Hmm... I have only Bismarck and IJN BB's so very limited choices available for me at the moment then. :Smile_amazed:

I was considering Musashi - Due to her well-advertised vulnerability to air attack on premises that the DD and CV players to be competent enough to time their torps taking the heal into account are more likely found in higher tiers facing her and will make her a priority target, as @Jvd2000 noted OR perhaps Bismarck, due to my intention of using her primarily for tanking. :cap_hmm:

What do you think?:cap_old:

Oh yeah, I DO have Dunkerque and Schanhorst too... Hehe! Totally forgot that. :Smile-_tongue:

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,227 posts
7,027 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hmm... I have only Bismarck and IJN BB's so very limited choices available for me at the moment then. :Smile_amazed:

I was considering Musashi - Due to her well-advertised vulnerability to air attack on premises that the DD and CV players likely to be competent enough to time their torps taking the heal into account are more likely found in higher tiers facing her and will make her a priority target, as @Jvd2000 noted OR perhaps Bismarck, due to my intention of using her primarily for tanking. :cap_hmm:

What do you think?:cap_old:

both make sense, it all goes down to what do you play more

but since i guess you will throw bismarck away once you finish your grind ( or eventually you will end up buying torpitz), i would put it on musashi in your case

Players
2,695 posts
15,093 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Damage Control Party Modification 1, is there any ship where this is a good option?

NO

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

Ehh? Throw Bismarck? :cap_wander_2:@von_chomWell I never... Only have those ships I intend to keep and of course I only keep the historical ships so while Torpitz is certainly a possibility I will unfortunately have to refrain from accessing tiers 9 and 10 in this case - Just a silly rule I made for myself never to get paper ships (I just free-xp past them or stop grinding the line), I am a bit funny that way.:Smile-_tongue::cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
270 posts
13,050 battles
14 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ehh? Throw Bismarck? :cap_wander_2:@von_chomWell I never... Only have those ships I intend to keep and of course I only keep the historical ships so while Torpitz is certainly a possibility I will unfortunately have to refrain from accessing tiers 9 and 10 in this case - Just a silly rule I made for myself never to get paper ships (I just free-xp past them or stop grinding the line), I am a bit funny that way.:Smile-_tongue::cap_haloween:

Bismarck is a keeper for me too. Besides the real vs paper ships, I find the Friedrich a lesser ship then the Bismarck tier for tier.  But tier 8 is in a bad spot now since you will be uptiered most of the times so tier 9 and 10 have a benefit over tier 8’s.

For my Bismarck I use the captains skills to buff the 2ndaries (AFT, BFT, manual). I use my flags to buff my survival. The 20% extra heal, the 20% bonus for shorter fires, the 5% extra reload time on consumables (repair, sonar and heal). Extra range for 2ndaries and aa. And off course premium repair and heal. If you really hate fires you can change manual 2ndaries for fire prevention limiting the maximum fires to 3. 

With some discipline (never repair one fire) you can tank some. Rushing into the main enemy group solo will offcourse never go well, but play sane and Bismarck will not let you down.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles
2 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

With some discipline (never repair one fire) you can tank some. Rushing into the main enemy group solo will offcourse never go well, but play sane and Bismarck will not let you down.

Hhehehe! yeah, I have noticed that. :Smile_teethhappy:

I have mainly played DD before and many are the blithely onrushing Bismarcks I have managed to torp that way. I intend to choose those moment very very carefully indeed.:Smile_hiding:

care.jpg.c9fe978d55de3f51d7b38bae89c1a062.jpg

But overall sniping and camping playstyle is something I just can't do for very long and certainly not the entire game. Have no patience for such and tend to get this compulsion to move on before the moss sets in, you know.:Smile_smile:

moss.jpg.19ac5128afef5bfbccdb6454e475f97f.jpg

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,009 posts
16,762 battles
2 hours ago, von_chom said:

also bear in mind that the window during which you are spotted after firing is 20s

so the mod helps you to cover this window more or less completely (from 15s to 19s increase)

especially useful when disengaging as mentioned above

Also because US BBs have the longest active time of repair from all BBs, 20 sec. With that module, it gets to 28 seconds.

Sign in to follow this