You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caljostro

Can it be any better ? Tier X, Tears of the Desert, epicenter, 2 cv, 22 bb. And ofc 2 low tier alibi ships.

59 comments in this topic

[UN]
Weekend Tester
824 posts
19,371 battles

Well, I guess there were no cruisers complaining this time....

shot-18.01.19_09.19.21-0102.jpg

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,005 posts
16,746 battles

Yes, thats the MM of the future... only BBs and 1-2CVs.

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles

With my luck... I will end up in a game like that with my Mogami as the only non-bb player...:Smile-angry::etc_red_button::etc_swear:

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles

Playing when server has the lowest population throughout the day - what did you expect?

Also seeing peoples ranks before the game has ended - isn't that kind of not supposed to happen?

Players
2,297 posts
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also seeing peoples ranks before the game has ended - isn't that kind of not supposed to happen?

What difference would it make? Rank is no measurement of skill especially late into the rank season.:Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,379 posts
12,680 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Playing when server has the lowest population throughout the day - what did you expect?

Well some people might expect the MM to take care of it. 

• Funny 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,546 posts
8,660 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

Yea, it is extremely impolite of the MM not to wait for that lone hipper... Tsschhh.

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

It does. You sit in MM queue for 3 min, there aren't enough ships to make up a normal game so MM takes whatever is there and distributes more or less evenly between teams.

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles
30 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I play a lot through the weekdays as I work away from home for 1 month trips offshore. So when I'm at home for a month I can play then, and I have never seen a game like that....mental....:Smile_teethhappy:

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles

I saw a clip of Notser saying the Tears of the Desert will be changing soon........It should stop the camping behind the island chains.:Smile_smile:

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
15 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

What difference would it make? Rank is no measurement of skill especially late into the rank season.:Smile_Default:

Same reason as why we don't have XVM in this game - seeing bunch of rank 1s in the enemy team of bunch of 2Xs in your team may make people just go AFK or suicide as they refuse to play it. Also it lets you single out who's more dangerous target to you, and who's not quite so.

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
340 posts
5,977 battles

Sometimes RNG works in your favor. Although this round was rather boring and ended with only ~140K damage, most of their ships ran and the ones that should have fought me, were on the other side of the map.

shot-18_01.18_17_17.15-0265.thumb.jpg.93deb442e4b840dca2bcd3fdb4be0528.jpg

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles
15 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Yea, it is extremely impolite of the MM not to wait for that lone hipper... Tsschhh.

I'd hate to be that lone Hipper tho... And this is likely to happen, since a) I own a Hipper b) I currently play Cruiser. :Smile_amazed: This is precisely, why while I like to play DD when server has a low population, I avoid low volume times if trying to play Cruiser... :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
2,297 posts
18 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Same reason as why we don't have XVM in this game - seeing bunch of rank 1s in the enemy team of bunch of 2Xs in your team may make people just go AFK or suicide as they refuse to play it. Also it lets you single out who's more dangerous target to you, and who's not quite so.

I don't agree....very good players also don't play ranked at all, some just a few battles and bad players can get to high ranks with massive amount of battles. An xvm type thing in game would be pretty accurate, showing rank levels is not a guide to skill level.

edit...quickly looking in the ranked stats, there are well over a 100 players with more than 550 battles in ranked this season, some over a 1000, most are lower than rank 10 with a few even at rank 1......most/all of these players can be classed as average at best.

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles

Seeing high ranked players may make you play differently (less risky) if you were aware of the skill of the player. I prefer not to know and keep to my own style of play. 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
11 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I don't agree....very good players also don't play ranked at all, some just a few battles and bad players can get to high ranks with massive amount of battles. An xvm type thing in game would be pretty accurate, showing rank levels is not a guide to skill level.

edit...quickly looking in the ranked stats, there are well over a 100 players with more than 550 battles in ranked this season, some over a 1000, most are lower than rank 10 with a few even at rank 1......most/all of these players can be classed as average at best.

If I have the choice to kill someone who's OMNI or someone who's YOUR_MOM_LOL I'll go for the OMNI guy - hes obviously the bigger thereat. Doesn't mean I recognize every single good clan - who knows if RNG33Z5 is a good clan or not, but some are clearly recognizable.

Same thing here - not every good player will play ranked, but it allows you to easily identify those who do.

• Cool 1

Players
2,297 posts
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If I have the choice to kill someone who's OMNI or someone who's YOUR_MOM_LOL I'll go for the OMNI guy - hes obviously the bigger thereat.

This stands to reason but you don't need a ranking number to work that out. 

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles
25 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If I have the choice to kill someone who's OMNI

Agree with that, I would try and target an OMNI player.....big threat.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,379 posts
12,680 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It does. You sit in MM queue for 3 min, there aren't enough ships to make up a normal game so MM takes whatever is there and distributes more or less evenly between teams.

I guess its fine if they only stuff the overpopulated class into one game against each other. (BB's) As long as they keep others out of it. Its not fun when you are a lonely cruiser against 10 BB's and a CV. 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
1 hour ago, bushwacker001 said:

This stands to reason but you don't need a ranking number to work that out. 

Which is why my comment didn't stop there.

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Doesn't mean I recognize every single good clan - who knows if RNG33Z5 is a good clan or not, but some are clearly recognizable.

Same thing here - not every good player will play ranked, but it allows you to easily identify those who do.

Should have red this part aswell :cap_like:

1 hour ago, Captain_Breeze said:

Agree with that, I would try and target an OMNI player.....big threat.

Or TTT. Or OM. Or VKING. Or ADRIA. Or TDM. Or whatever other clan I'd recognize that is competent enough to carry their team. OMNI just the most known example of EU.

1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

I guess its fine if they only stuff the overpopulated class into one game against each other. (BB's) As long as they keep others out of it. Its not fun when you are a lonely cruiser against 10 BB's and a CV. 

Cruisers own fault for playing a cruiser at that time. He had enough time to see how his MM will look like, those numbers are displayed while you're waiting.

Same thing as late night ranked - you can see how many what type of ships are in the queue, you know if you'll have 5 BB or 5 DD game before its even starting to load.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Or TTT. Or OM. Or VKING. Or ADRIA. Or TDM. Or whatever other clan I'd recognize that is competent enough to carry their team. OMNI just the most known example of EU.

Yup.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,379 posts
12,680 battles
29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Cruisers own fault for playing a cruiser at that time. He had enough time to see how his MM will look like, those numbers are displayed while you're waiting.

Well. Its not the cruiser players fault that WG buffed one class to be so strong that almost every potato plays it all the time. 

Its WG's fault for not fixing their crap, and not having a proper MM in place. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles

Sometimes it is indeed better to switch ships. I would have just taken a Shima after seeing that kind of queuing lineup, OFC that may not work, oftentimes you just get into game right away and have no chance to switch to a better fit (especially if in Cruiser, usually I have no queuing time at all). So it would be quite unfair to blame the unfortunate Cruiser player for the outcome in that case.:Smile_smile: Well, at the least, if it was his first game of the day.:Smile_teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,260 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

How do you know it is at a time with low playernumbers?

I would expect the opposite with all those HighTier BBs in queue....

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If I have the choice to kill someone who's OMNI or someone who's YOUR_MOM_LOL I'll go for the OMNI guy - hes obviously the bigger thereat. Doesn't mean I recognize every single good clan - who knows if RNG33Z5 is a good clan or not, but some are clearly recognizable.

makes still no sense as still anyone can reach rank 1 with enough timecomitment (well almost anyone i should rather say for sure)

How would you know the rank 1 players in this particular battle are the good ones? Yes it is more likely as i still believe there should be more skilled rank 1 players that overcomited bad players at rank 1 because of the good rewards ranked gives, BUT how do you KNOW this isn't the case in this battle before actualy playing it?

56 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

what if cruisers get dragged into battle immediatly without enough time in queue to even press Esc or the back to port button? (actualy not that rare in cruisers like the post above me also says)

On Topic:

This is just the usual dumb cv player that doesn't know the etiquette of hightier CV to NOT stay in queue for longer than 3 minutes or a douche that just doesn't care. :Smile_facepalm:

What happens is the MM takes it together with the first fitting CV that dares to press battle (again imediatly in battle without option to quit - see above) and 2x11 random ships he can find at this very moment not caring about class limitations only about general balance of the teams.

So if the queue is looking like this:

1 CV

257 BB

3 CA

1 DD

Then the result is likely something like shown in the screenshot..... (if another cv comes into queue)

Nothing new really. :Smile_sceptic: