You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
seniorluke

Which One Should I Get? HMS Edinburgh USS Cleveland?

6 comments in this topic

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,059 posts
9,644 battles

Well Clev will be T8 but thats at least 3 month plus away. Edingburgh is practially a Fiji with 2km more Torp range and worse MM.....Depends on how fast you level. UK CL are a consitent line to play up once you get their gameplay. US is a bit harder but if you get to T9 before teh CL split comes you get 2 free ships for no costs if you keep Clevland and Baltimore.....

Players
401 posts
2,993 battles

We don't know how Cleveland will change to make it a T8 ship, but as it is cheap to get right at T6 now it's worth buying. Edinburgh is great, but some aren't too happy that is is effectively a Fiji with few extras. Still, radar is a nice option for ranked, the AA is better and those 10km torps surprise BB's a lot. As far as the guns go, an IFHE Cleveland will do more consistent damage than an Edinburgh (RN cruisers suffer against angled targets. Even higher tier DD's can angle against them and take minimal damage)

Players
198 posts
10,434 battles

Why not both?

But since you asked: I would go for the Cleveland first because of the possible changes of the tech tree and mostly because it is just a fun ship.

Edinburgh - at least in my opinion - is just one of those ships that you have to grind through to get to the Minotaur and never touch again after the grind is done.

I'd rather play Fiji

Players
42 posts
4,341 battles
On 1/18/2018 at 9:26 PM, seniorluke said:

Which One Should I Get?

Both, Cleveland is a tier 6 and Edinburgh is tier 8. Only downside to the Cleveland is its as strong as a wet paper bag and lacks torps.