Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

PSA: Yamato HSF camo

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,332 battles

Just so you know what you are getting.

It is a nice camo for free, but the bonus is worse than that of the Musashi HSF camo, and that of the Yamato perma camo.

yamato_hsf.jpg

Edit

Some people obviously still don't understand this:

The +100% ship XP will give you the same CommanderXP, that +50% shipXP and +50% commanderXP will give you. (shipXP counts as commander XP)

So the Perma camo gives you everything that the HSF camo will give.

Additionally you get +20% credits.

Also the +100% shipXP are much better for containers, FreeXP and missions.

yamato_hsf2.jpg

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,059 posts
9,644 battles

That depends if you need credits or not.

Comander Exp on a 19 point translate in comander exp for ANY camptain you may need it on.......

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,332 battles

You still only get +100% commanderXP overall, while Musashi gets +150%.

The Yamato perma camo makes more credits too, also +100% shipXP is better for containers, FreeXP, missions. 

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I own Yamato's perma camo and I prefer the bonus that gives the HSF one.

The -50% repair cost is still there, who needs +100% XP on an already T10 ship and between +20% credits and +50% commander XP it's commander XP all day long.

Looks like good bonus for me.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles

Can't complain if it's grinded out for free.

Means you'll have something in the ballpark of the Perm camo without paying 5k gold for it.

Hopefully there will be mods that make it look like the standard IJN Camo as I don't like my ships looking like a school girl's party boat :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Means you'll have something in the ballpark of the Perm camo without paying 5k gold for it.

Hopefully there will be mods that make it look like the standard IJN Camo as I don't like my ships looking like a school girl's party boat :cap_old:

free? am i missing something?

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Meh, honestly could have been a lot worse. It even looks better than the regular permacamo with that green all over it that makes Yamato look like some sort or vegetable.

It isn't even that far away from a realistic camo.

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,332 battles
14 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

I own Yamato's perma camo and I prefer the bonus that gives the HSF one.

The -50% repair cost is still there, who needs +100% XP on an already T10 ship and between +20% credits and +50% commander XP it's commander XP all day long.

Looks like good bonus for me.

Sorry, but you are doing it wrong.

Added an explanation to the OP.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,961 posts
13,451 battles

I like the camo tbh even if it's extremely simplistic.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
11 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Sorry, but you are doing it wrong.

Added an explanation to the OP.

Well, ok, even with that looks good to me. It's ok if Musashi gets better bonus, it's a premium after all. And if Yamato's permacamo is better is ok too, you pay for that too.

That's my opinion but I don't really care about the +20% credits bonus loss, as far as the camo has the -50% repair cost you'll farm money at T10 regardless unless you manage to instadie in a Yamato or something so it doesn't matter at all for me. And even if it's anime or whatever the new camo looks good, I don't know why people bring up that argument against a camo that's better than 90% of those that WG manage to create, and certainly better than that "puke green" with which IJN is punished.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles
22 minutes ago, robihr said:

free? am i missing something?

Isn't it the top prize for finishing the collection.

Or am I the one who is missing something? :Smile_amazed:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
Just now, Negativvv said:

It is.

Well, "free" is still subjective since for some time is money and time is what you have to invest to get it. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles
23 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Meh, honestly could have been a lot worse. It even looks better than the regular permacamo with that green all over it that makes Yamato look like some sort or vegetable.

It isn't even that far away from a realistic camo.

I've come to like the silly green IJN camo even if they make no sense outside of a sheltered harbour when you've got no fuel or any form of effective air support...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles
1 minute ago, Tungstonid said:

It is.

Well, "free" is still subjective since for some time is money and time is what you have to invest to get it. :Smile_teethhappy:

At least the collection looks relatively painless, just play and get containers. Unless WG nerf the drop rate so hard that it's impossible to get without your credit card.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I've come to like the silly green IJN camo even if they make no sense outside of a sheltered harbour when you've got no fuel or any form of effective air support...

Fair point. But as "sad" and "weird" as that will sound to a lot of people apparently for me an anime has beaten the f*** out of WG in making an appealing camo for a ship even if as El2aZeR said the camo is simple as it can get, so... I'm still really glad for the opportunity to get that free camo and to get my hands on that camo and people can still pay to get the regular one for whatever reason they prefer that.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Well, I still have about 400 New Year 2017 camos to burn on my Yamato. But after this I'll really appreciate a free premium camo. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,977 posts
11,407 battles
6 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Fair point. But as "sad" and "weird" as that will sound to a lot of people apparently for me an anime has beaten the f*** out of WG in making an appealing camo for a ship even if as El2aZeR said the camo is simple as it can get, so... I'm still really glad for the opportunity to get that free camo and to get my hands on that camo and people can still pay to get the regular one for whatever reason they prefer that.

I actually only bought the Harekaze because it also included a "historical" green camo. Even the HSF camo for Kaze didn't do it for me even though it only has that orange stripe, flag and dolphin torpedoes...

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,726 posts
10,679 battles
5 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Well, I still have about 400 New Year 2017 camos to burn on my Yamato. But after this I'll really appreciate a free premium camo. :Smile_hiding:

Oh, i can't say how much i envy those who received hundreds if not thousands of the New Year 2016 camo.

^^

[4_0_4]
Players
3,992 posts
10,485 battles
29 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I like the camo tbh even if it's extremely simplistic.

This. I`ve the perma camo for the Zao. While it`s not as bad as the prem camo of the Yami,  I`ll use the HSF camo as soon as I get it. The few blue stripes are not as disturbing as the green camo.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

skipped the news on portal, so i missed i wanna join button :Smile_hiding:

[UNICS]
Players
1,129 posts
14,505 battles
Just now, AndyHill said:

No, you're only one day behind anyone who started yesterday and the event is going to continue for a good while. Just sign up here and go collect your anime princesses: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/become-a-blue-mermaid/

Im interested in knowing , if this overrides getting yamamato collection items in standard containers , i want to complete my yamamato collection..

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Ysterpyp sagte:

Im interested in knowing , if this overrides getting yamamato collection items in standard containers , i want to complete my yamamato collection.

Zitat

If you are still collecting the Isoroku Yamamoto collection, but want to receive the High School Fleet collection items from daily containers, you need to manually make it your default collection. To do so, choose the "Collect" option in the High School Fleet collection menu. You can turn off this option at any time to go back to collecting the Isoroku Yamamoto collection.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this