You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cheveu

This new Khaba nerf is very good

13 comments in this topic

[TTT]
Players
309 posts
6,032 battles

Putting back a citadel on the ship since it's so OP was the best way to do things, well apparently. I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

J5X3xe3.png

[TENGO]
Players
1,546 posts
8,660 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Regular pen. 2/3 full dmg. All clear here. 

since when is a pen 2/3 of the full dmg?

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
1,379 posts
12,680 battles

Does not every DD have "citadels" these days? I mean. I take that kind of dmg in all the DDs i play. You dodge cruiser shells all day whist being radar'd, then comes the BB AP salvo that blaps you. 

Still BS tho

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles
19 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Regular pen. 2/3 full dmg. All clear here. 

Citadel penetration: 100% of listed damage

Normal penetration: 33% of listed damage

Overpenetration: 10% of listed damage

9678 damage is probably the same issue I once had and reported here. TO got hit by a single shell that detonated twice inside his ship and if I were to venture a guess then the only reason why that damage figure isn't exact 2 x 33% AP damage because that hit actually killed you, right?

They are allegedly working to fix that issue.

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
182 posts
14,072 battles

They are working over a year now.

I can thing of at least one way to fix it in 10 min tops.

But they are taking a year and still thinking very hard.

(between you and me, and don't think anybody does anything about that issue)

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,059 posts
9,644 battles

Yea and if nobody else caps you still lose by the time you done your damage in a khaba... at least then you can say hey i did my part.....not playing a DD......

Well lets see if they give shima the 20 km BB and CV only Torps we really need more DDs that dont play the objective.

[HOME]
Players
640 posts
7,855 battles

After 600+ games in the Khaba I can say they took the fun-factor out of it. Sure it was OP but now you just seem to function as a xp pinata for battleships. "Oh look a khaba at 15 km, lets shoot a volley at it. Well waddayouknow, half his health gone."

I used to laugh at khabacaptains who used smoke as if it was a stupid choice instead of the heal. But with the current shape of the game its not such a bad decision after all.

• Cool 2

[TENGO]
Players
1,546 posts
8,660 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

After 600+ games in the Khaba I can say they took the fun-factor out of it. Sure it was OP but now you just seem to function as a xp pinata for battleships. "Oh look a khaba at 15 km, lets shoot a volley at it. Well waddayouknow, half his health gone."

I am very happy to hear someone say this. I've only unlocked it not so long ago, no I never had it in any pre-nerfed state, and on most maps I simply don't like it, especially in the current meta. BBs hugging closely in the middle of nowhere, near some cosy islands. I can fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee as much as I want , but at a certain point I will hear that extreme damage sound. Especially with that range.

1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

khabacaptains who used smoke as

Never used it as it is so frowned upon, might give it a try.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,056 posts
13,796 battles

I could be alone in this, but I think the Kebab is fine as she is. She might take hideous amounts of damage from battleship shells, but this is a problem that largely afflicts all destroyers. Personally, I suffer far more from battleship guns in my Z-52 than I ever did in my Khabarovsk. At 11-12 km, she is more than maneuverable enough to torment enemy battleships and her turrets rotate quickly enough that she could change her angle of kiting any way she really wants. At under 10 km she really suffers, but played correctly she is more than good enough as she is.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,059 posts
9,644 battles
1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

I could be alone in this, but I think the Kebab is fine as she is. She might take hideous amounts of damage from battleship shells, but this is a problem that largely afflicts all destroyers. Personally, I suffer far more from battleship guns in my Z-52 than I ever did in my Khabarovsk. At 11-12 km, she is more than maneuverable enough to torment enemy battleships and her turrets rotate quickly enough that she could change her angle of kiting any way she really wants. At under 10 km she really suffers, but played correctly she is more than good enough as she is.

You mean you know you are BEEEEEEPed when you see a cyclone timer? :Smile_teethhappy:

Z52 and Khaba are 2 diferent playsyles. Z52 is a capcontester. Khaba is what most Light Cruisers would like to be. Frensh cruisers under speedbost come close but they have citadels so if your spaced armor dont blackholes BB shells you can still be screwed...with khaba its the random ap pens that hurt but thats seldom enogh compared to cruisers taking Citadel hits.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles

One of 2 possibilities.

• Double damage hit. Has been reported again and again - 1 hit does the damage of 2
  • Game forgot the ribbon. Has been reported again and again - you score more hits than you get ribbons for, and there is no mention of those hits / actions in post-battle results either. This is the first time I see it from receivers view, usually it's the shooter posting about it

How to know which one is it? Good luck proving one or the other.

"Oh but we could watch the replay" - no you can't, replays don't display correct shell trajectories and hit positions. Unless you have a live recording with as high frame rate as possible where you can see those shells hitting & splashing around - you can't check it

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

@Cheveu

This double (over)penetration damage has been around for quite a while and WG are aware of it. And working on it. :cap_old:

I guess it happens not only to destroyers, but one recognises it in this class the most.

At least WG made it from "this DD was just over-confident™" to "da, we maybe have a problem here".

Spoiler

But maybe it's just that so many were complaining about HE-only battleships.

Now they have at least some incentive to switch ammo from time to time.

AP on destroyers, HE on anything else. Problem solved?