Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TigerMoth

Restrict Purchase of Premiums to Researched Tier

18 comments in this topic

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

No idea if this has been suggested before...

How about restricting the purchase of premium ships to the level that you have researched and played at least 'x' amount of games in?

This also works with gifting ships/tanks. You would only be able to gift someone a ship for a tier in which they have played 'x' amount of games.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[H_FAN]
Players
1,898 posts
21,509 battles
8 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

How about restricting the purchase of premium ships to the level that you have researched and played at least 'x' amount of games in?

This also works with gifting ships/tanks. You would only be able to gift someone a ship for a tier in which they have played 'x' amount of games.

Gazillion of times.

But nonetheless WG will never stop people from open their wallets...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,896 posts
25,174 battles
57 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

100% behind you on this, But it would probably mean Premium ship prices would rise, due to the lack of sales on new ships, hence why it will never happen.  

[CLADS]
Players
151 posts
9,855 battles

They will probably implement this idea on one condition: you must pay the lost monthly profits 

• Cool 1

Players
34 posts
3,220 battles

It's a good idea but.............WG would miss out on lots of cash because of it, so it's not going to happen since short term money making is more important to WG than long term game quality.

[-CC-]
Players
96 posts
11,326 battles

Today I had the misfortune of having in my team in Ranked a player with an average tier below 5. His only contribution to the match was torpedoing and sinking my Akizuki, earning himself an instant penalty, proving he was a regular offender. He was pretty much the poster boy for why low tier players should not buy high tier premiums, and certainly not play them in Ranked.

However, this restriction would not have stopped him, because he had researched French cruisers up to tier 9. Somehow. His profile did not show nearly enough games of any type to explain where he got the experience points.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,852 posts
5,297 battles

WG will never put a hard barrier in place - as others have said, they would lose too much money.

I suspect the best that can be hoped for is education; it really is in everybody's best interests (including the newbies') for people to only play premiums that are appropriate to their skill level - in PvP at least.

The same problem exists in spades in WOT too; at least WOWS has PvE where we newbies can mess around in wildly unsuitable premiums without doing too much damage...

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

I'm not sure it is good business to allow people to buy a premium ship that will put them in a tier they never played. Most likely scenario is the person is gonna be seal-clubbed and rage quit to the next game where he can p2w more easily.

Players
94 posts
678 battles

Bad for business.

Not to mention, I'm essentially learning and practising on this EU account - my intention is to play when I've learned much more on an NA account (the guys I came to WOWS to join are NA server - I made the EU account before checking >.> ).

That account has... I think just got to Tier 3. I bought Warspite when it was still on sale, which I wouldn't have been able to do with such a rule in place.

I totally understand why you'd want it done, but I wouldn't personally agree with it, and WG would never do it either.

Besides, think of the rerolls.

Oh God. I'm going to be a reroll.

Oh no.

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
303 posts
2,214 battles

This won't fix the problem cause all you need is time to get to high tier...

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Well, I'd guess 90%+ of the potatoes have enough games and still continue potatoing.

Sure, it would prevent the rest from going to higher tiers to fast, but - as I said - there are MANY potatoes with 2,000+ battles.

That post made me hungry, need to get some french fries now!

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
602 posts
5,919 battles
12 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

Yeah, because players that have silver ships play sooo much better than players with premium ships...

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,833 battles

Actually, this would probably result in INCREASED premium ship sales and not in reduction. See, people WILL buy premiums anyway, no matter awhat in order to farm more XP and credits. However, if their purchases are limited to their currently researched tier(s), so what will they do? Just not buy any premiums at all until they reach tier 8 for that Tirpitz? :Smile-_tongue:

Hardly so, they will indeed buy the ones available to them at the time first. This of course will result in increased sales of the premium ships overall, as sk. wallet-warriors cannot just go straight for the Atago (or why would you buy Aurora, if you can have Kutuzov - Eh?), and skip the lower tier premiums entirely, but have to grind their way up first. This would also markedly improve gameplay, as one would end up with less insta-potatoes in higher tier games.:Smile_great:

As a result lower tier premiums will sell like hotcakes and keep up the sales all the way to higher tiers. people will still buy the high tier premiums, of cousrse, so their sales would not suffer in the least. Doing this would mean pure added profit for WG premium ship sales. But of course, that would require for them to actually have some shrewd and kickass sales thinking and strategy to begin with instead of a simple "grab cash" attitude. I seriously doubt this tho. :Smile_sceptic:

[XODUS]
Players
725 posts
3,916 battles
13 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

No for the ships in the premium shop
For those in the tech tree for doubloons i could actually agree with cause that way when you purchase and unlock a T8 ship for the first time you can see every T8 ship across all lines that you can buy for doubloons.  

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,534 battles

One of the reasons I stayed on the game after its discovery was the possibility of buying Tirpitz right away then Mo and a 19pts ASAP. What’s what I call the best long term investment in the game, owning its key unlimited ressources-makers right at the start and enjoying directly T10 games, learning from most experienced players in most difficult environment.

Players
260 posts

Brilliant idea, how about next time you want to buy a new car, the car dealer asks how about your driving experience? If you do  not have a certain amount of miles in a 60 HP car you are not allowed a car with a stronger engine....because stronger engine = more speed, more speed = more experience needed to handle. Am I rite?

Remember every potato that bought a prem ship keeps a free to play game like this going. Other than that the only other option would be pay to play. That person does actually more for the game than the freeloader playing thousands of games and never spending a dime....  

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,833 battles

Oh them potatoes would still buy the premiums, even if they could not get the Tirpitz right away no worries about that.. :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this