Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail__

New camera in port.

11 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
349 posts
2,162 battles

I agree.

Like the view of the ship from above, but hate the fact that zoom changes back to a close-up of the ship after a little while. Was that really necessary?

[ELCH]
Players
60 posts
6,514 battles

That the camera is forced to follow a contour over harbor objects is nausea inducing when doing a deck height sweep along the ship (front to back or vice versa), especially in Hamburg port. The camera moves up and down like a rollercoaster. I am aware this is to prevent clipping issues, but there has to be a way to avoid motion sickness.

[ALONE]
Players
1,316 posts
10,494 battles

So far I am disappointed. I like new camera a bit more than the more limited old one, but I thought we will get really free cam, controlled with WASD + Space/Backspace or mouse wheel for height/distance. Why is it not done this way? Everybody would be happy then. :cap_old:

[T-N-T]
Players
1,830 posts
8,879 battles

So, you still can't control anything regarding the camera? Am I getting this right? Cause the PageUp, PageDown commands still don't work either. I can't zoom in or our and all I can do is turn the camera around the ship while being ridicuously close to it (aka zoomed in.)

Definitely in no way better than before. At least back then I saw the whole ship in port, now I'm zoomed in constantly.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,809 posts
6,533 battles

I like how smooth the camera is, those "close-up sliding instead of turning" angles are a bit weird, but that's nothing really. Just a bit sad that port now takes so long to load (unless you have already loaded that particular thing in that particular session)

[TPB]
Players
286 posts
4,269 battles

If you play on laptop or other small screen then perhaps it is ok. But not on desktop 27, 32 ot 40 inch TV. WOWS is not a tablet game. This idiotic zoom schould never be on PC version. Bring back the old camera.

[T-N-T]
Players
1,830 posts
8,879 battles

Ok, to be objective, I have to admit the camera when in "Exterior - camouflage" is now zoomed out and far better. Finally after many months, I can actually see even large ships (Hindenburg, Amagi, similar and/or larger) fully from the side, without bow and stern being cut off.

Of course when in that exterior tab, you have various camouflage options obscuring a good portion of the screen, so... (That made me realise that hiding the UI doesn't work either - in settings, supposedly Ctrl+G does it, but sadly it does not.)

[95TH]
Players
35 posts
5,544 battles

i don't have any such problems, i zoom in / out at will with mouse wheel and can move anywhere.... love it...

[T-N-T]
Players
1,830 posts
8,879 battles

Yeah well, not all can use a mouse. Would be lovely if you could control zoom with a keyboard/touchpad.

Sign in to follow this