Compensation for server issues

17 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,240 posts
11,467 battles

Dear captains!

We’re sorry for the extended downtime today and to let everyone recoup any progress they’ve potentially lost, we’re offering a full day of premium account, redeemable by simply logging in to the game between the morning of 19.01. starting at 05:00 UTC and the 29.01. at 05:00 UTC.

Seven feet under the keel to everyone and let’s play some World of Warships!

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 8

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts

But... but... my 10x Type 59 camo's!?!?!? 

On a more serious note: thank you, nice gesture! (even though the issues weren't really in primetime, so those affected would have been limited).

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,240 posts
11,467 battles

Thanks, also with this system the 24h are applied when you log on, so you can make the most out of it :)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

[TORPZ]
Players
42 posts

Quick note: now 19:00 GMT the game is not recognizing modifiers for XP, only Clan Bonuses. I'VE LOST A BUNCH OF ECONOMIC SIGNALS PLUS FROSTY CAMOS. ALL OF IT WAS PAID FOR.

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

It has nothing to do with downtime the game is functional. Mostly. 

[PUPSI]
Players
6,177 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, Satsanga sagte:

Quick note: now 19:00 GMT the game is not recognizing modifiers for XP

worked fine for me a minute ago, camo and signals gave me XP as they should...

Players
49 posts
9,307 battles

when do you plan to upgrade the servers for more people capacity i see that when it is 28-30 k the lag starts

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
38 posts

So, any news on when the chat server is coming back, as you know, we cant division, cant chat, cant unready, cant ready, cant leave the division and so on and so on. 

Another stellar patch from the geniuses at WG...

• Cool 2

[TORPZ]
Players
42 posts
2 hours ago, Satsanga said:

Quick note: now 19:00 GMT the game is not recognizing modifiers for XP, only Clan Bonuses. I'VE LOST A BUNCH OF ECONOMIC SIGNALS PLUS FROSTY CAMOS. ALL OF IT WAS PAID FOR.

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

It has nothing to do with downtime the game is functional. Mostly. 

2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

worked fine for me a minute ago, camo and signals gave me XP as they should...

It's fine with credits, not with XP. Lost a bunch of signals as well as it corresponding XP.  Gonna stop buying things and forget about campaigns. Lots of marketing and merchandise but this is what we see. More than ever a pay to win game.

Also the servers have no capacity. 

[PUPSI]
Players
6,177 posts
Vor 9 Stunden, Satsanga sagte:

It's fine with credits, not with XP.

as I said: not for me. I got the XP with all boni from all Camos and Signals I used in my last game at this time. I had around 1500 BaseXP and got several thousand FreeXP, impossible without working signals and camo boni...

and since I don't see anyone else complaining about such problem (and the shitstorm would be huge, especially on the EU server), it seems only you have this issue. Maybe you forgot to tick the auto equip button...

[TORPZ]
Players
42 posts
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

as I said: not for me. I got the XP with all boni from all Camos and Signals I used in my last game at this time. I had around 1500 BaseXP and got several thousand FreeXP, impossible without working signals and camo boni...

and since I don't see anyone else complaining about such problem (and the shitstorm would be huge, especially on the EU server), it seems only you have this issue. Maybe you forgot to tick the auto equip button...

No I did not. I do it manually . Papa Papa was not working, as well as Zulu Hotel. Equal Speed Charlie London, sometimes yes, sometimes no, Zulu not all the time.

I do agree this is very strange but it is not my mistake. That was yesterday, today I am going to check it out now. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Players
260 posts
12 hours ago, Poseidon_Wrath said:

when do you plan to upgrade the servers for more people capacity i see that when it is 28-30 k the lag starts

Severe and constant lag spikes this morning while only 6k people are online. checked my own connection and it is not a problem on my end. Normally I do not have any issues even with 30k people playing.

Players
5 posts
564 battles

I bought and paid for Doubloons today and you took the money from my PayPal account but you haven't given me any doubloons.

Players
326 posts

Hi WG.

You say about compensation for server issues would all of us get comp for all the inconvenience we suffer.

Like of being held in limbo at battle starts while server connects us sometimes over a minute into the battle.

Or comp of all those times while we are waiting to start a battle only to get disconnected and having to reconnect sometime half way into the battle and because of that we may lose.

Also the constant game lag and laggy jerkiness at gun/torp firing that result in missing targets or ship control lag.

In all the time this offer has been here i've never seen any comp for server issues and i'm assuming others have not either.

Weekend Tester
7 posts
2,599 battles

After 1 battle with any ship when they announced the compensation you got free flags that should help you cover the losses due to not playing or lagging to point of having bad games. It wasn't really visible other that in the right side history tab due to addition of flags, there was no mission window or anythng else.

So if you managed to play at least 1 battle you received those.