You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Division Ready-up and chat window

30 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,131 posts
9,291 battles

Why is this a thing now? Any particular reason why the previous system had to be changed?

I like my port relatively uncluttered so I don't really need nor want a bigass division chat window block my screen just so I can see which ships division mates have selected. Previously that was easy, I just minimize the division chat (which I have essentially zero need for anyway as I use TeamSpeak with friends) and I could easily see my friends' ship selection in a neatly unobstrusive transparent UI element.

Now there's this big grey slap of a chat window blocking a good portion of my screen (27" 1080p display if anyone needs to know, not exactly a miniscule monitor) and each time I want to browse through my ships, or change signal flags/camouflage, move captains or whatnot I have to move that window somewhere else because it blocks a part of the display.

I'm not the biggest fan of the saying "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" because some changes even to working stuff ends up nice, but this? This looks like a change for change's sake with exactly ONE single superficial improvement (ready-up display and division chat are in one place, the usefulness or necessity is highly debatable) but at the cost of cluttering the port UI (which at the very least in my case is nothing but an unwelcome nuisance).

If I want to move around blocks, I can play Tetris.

• Cool 8

[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,127 battles

I simply cannot understand what guy checked this layout, and the old one and said, "YUP; THIS ONE IS BETTER!!"

What the hell guys...
Just give us back the old UI...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,139 posts
11,447 battles

Combining the division interface with the chat servers was the worst idea ever.

Chat server down = all divisions are fracked up because division leader can no longer ready himself.

Who comes up with such glorious ideas?

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
46 posts
9,620 battles

Please change it back the screen is annoying as hell and now since the servers are down we can't enter battles. Only non commander members can click ready due to chat server down. COmmander cant click ready and thus not enter the game. Highly annoying since you cant leave the division aswell!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,131 posts
9,291 battles
Just now, Ubertron_X said:

Who comes up with such glorious ideas?

Johhny-Depp-Jack-Sparrow-Beard.png

That would've been WG!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
58 posts
1,756 battles

Chat server down, no play for divisions as you can't start and now you can't play. yet you can send a virtual teabag while not being able to disable that toxic feature. 

Great job there. please fire the guy that thought this was a good idea.

He probably looks like this:

uvqa5X.gif

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
7,494 battles

Great change! It so awesome to not be able to play in division when the f*cking chat server crashes. Why does WG insist on fixing things that don't need to be fixed. I swear to God , the man who came up with this is the same who came up with the retarded submarine the froze your game.

[KV]
Alpha Tester
30 posts
2,577 battles

2018 - Best start of a new year for World of Warships Europe.

Well Done - Have an achivement....or better yet, have 1 of those stupid emblems stuck in your face and see how annoying they are. :fish_viking:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,018 posts
3,722 battles

You also need to open it manually (well I have to I'm not sure if thats actually the case all the time) and that's incredibly annoying to me because I have a lot of chat windows so I have to scroll right quite a bit.

• Angry 1

[YARRR]
58 posts
1,756 battles
1 minute ago, Nishikino__Maki said:

You also need to open it manually (well I have to I'm not sure if thats actually the case all the time) and that's incredibly annoying to me because I have a lot of chat windows so I have to scroll right quite a bit.

Indeed. This is stupid beyond measure. I don't need a chat window in division. I need a ready up and launch battle interface. like it was before.

• Cool 1

Players
16 posts
9,026 battles

The new Division UI is really bad. Or should I even call it UI? Its not for Users and it has no Interface.

I couldn't find where an how to create a division. I can't leave the division when I want. My division friend left the game after being killed and exited WOWS. I was still in the division but couldn't start a new battle (as I was still in division with a person that did quit for the day). There were no function to leave division.

When I am in a divison  Why have you changed it WG? If you insist on contra intuitive then you must give clear instructions. Bad, really bad.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,167 posts
5,567 battles

Just to make a statement:

Yes i hate the new division window too. Its big, its all the time in my way... i tried putting it in the top left corner (where it was before), but try putting on Flags/Camo :cap_like:

Then i thought, ok ill leave it down in the tab where it opens basicly... choosing a ship is annoying then :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
58 posts
1,756 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Just to make a statement:

Yes i hate the new division window too. Its big, its all the time in my way... i tried putting it in the top left corner (where it was before), but try putting on Flags/Camo :cap_like:

Then i thought, ok ill leave it down in the tab where it opens basicly... choosing a ship is annoying then :cap_haloween:

indeed. This.

[PN4VY]
Players
14 posts
5,303 battles

Since this is about the chat screen i post this here. I have a problem with the chat window going back to the lower left corner each time i come back from a battle, i have that on the right side always. While this is a minor thing it gets anoying having to move it back over after every match. Before the patch it didnt do that.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 hour ago, Altharius said:

Chat server down, no play for divisions as you can't start and now you can't play. yet you can send a virtual teabag while not being able to disable that toxic feature. 

Great job there. please fire the guy that thought this was a good idea.

He probably looks like this:

uvqa5X.gif

KOLBASER!

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

@OP: I second this. But it doesn't stop there.

Not only is this window a pain in the rear to say the least, it doesn't change previous settings like "minimized" and the position. And the funny (or rather sad) thing is, you can't make it smaller but only bigger and even if you do so you still can't see the FULL NAME of your division mates since it is only the right side which gets larger. This is already annoying me and my friends and it must be really frustrating for people who play in a division when some of them have the same beginning of their usernames (like 2 or all beginning with "Admiral" or something)

IMO the former system was much better even though the last part was still a problem...

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

Well, I'm pretty sure WG designed this in 4k monitors and forgot that they don't have scaling in the game making the division windows fubar.

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

It is impressively awful.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old Division interface, this one tied to chat obscures the port window, the carousel and as others have pointed out breaks if the chat server glitches.

I honestly find this new interface a downgrade.

[KAKE]
Players
711 posts
2,804 battles

FYI, there was a reply from one of the CMs in the general feedback thread in the Current Update forum. So at least the CMs (and thereby hopefully the devs) are aware that it's a problem.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/94913-update-070-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=2269791

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

That's more about the fact the servers were down, not an acknowledgement that the new Division interface is terrible. 

[DC-DK]
Players
1,951 posts
22,830 battles

If things work then don't attempt to fix it...... Please revert to the old one, since this is garbage

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,089 posts
2,419 battles
19 hours ago, LordNyberg said:

The new Division UI is really bad. Or should I even call it UI? Its not for Users and it has no Interface.

Division User Interference maybe? 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,917 posts
On 18/01/2018 at 4:08 PM, Aotearas said:

Why is this a thing now? Any particular reason why the previous system had to be changed?

(...)

Oh, reason is obvious. Now WG can claim they've been working on improving chat... :Smile_veryhappy: