Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Newman

Kirov mesh error - bad triangulation

5 comments in this topic

Question

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
8,703 battles

Not really a question, more of a heads up; I suspect many players might not even have noticed but being a 3d artist and in game development myself, I thought I would let you guys know you have a small mesh error on the Kirov's model - it's just a case of a triangulation error where a polygon is created between the wrong 3 vertices resulting in a surface outside the edge that was wanted.

I'm attaching 2 shots, 1 clear and the other with the marked error area, to make it easy to see. The good news is, this is a very quick and easy fix in whatever 3d program you use. Ofc the bad news a full fix would require a reexport and it would have to go in with one of the upcoming updates as there's not really much of a point in bringing down the servers just for this; I do hope you fix it though.

kirov.jpg

kirov2.jpg

4 answers to this question

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
8,703 battles

1) No it didn't, and

2) As I said, I do this for a living, I know a triangulation error when I see one :)

If you look carefully at the edge you will see that the problem area's edge is different. There's no textured riveted edge there, and you can see the textured edge where it's supposed to be. Also, there's this picture below..

It's not really a big deal either way , just thought I'd let them know.

dfsgvgrdrgrgergde.thumb.jpg.d00d6f368cea8b64f49631087c9d2196.jpg

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,383 posts
5,912 battles

Yeah looks like a runaway polygon - will forward that to folks who know better and can possibly fix it :)

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
8,703 battles
1 hour ago, Tuccy said:

Yeah looks like a runaway polygon - will forward that to folks who know better and can possibly fix it :)

Any time. Sorry for being so pedantic. Call it professional deformation :)

Sign in to follow this