You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Egoleter

What will we see in 2018?

45 comments in this topic

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,461 posts

Last year we had an announcement post with Wargamings plans for 2017 on the portal.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/dev-diaries-2017-plans/

Will we get something similar for 2018? What are Wargamings plans for the game in the following year?

• Will we get the RU-DD split that was planned for last year? (my fault, as a non-RU DD player I completly forgot about them)
  • What new ship branches and nations are in the pipelines?
  • What technical changes to the client are planned?
  • Are there any hints for future community events?
  • Will it finally be the year of the carrier?

@Tuccy@MrConway (would you please reply to my PM), @Kandly, or anyone else at Wargaming please respond. :fish_boom:

Edit for the rest of us: It is time to speculate.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles

CL tech tree for IJN, CA tech tree for RN, RM lines, French DD's. IJN Tone for a prem Cruiser... Yes, there are many possibilities...:cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles

Didn't we get the RU DD split?

Because I distinctly remember I have two tier X RU DDs in my port, not just one.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles

Aww...:Smile_child: Herr @ColonelPete quit being so rational all the time and live a little.:Smile_sad: We were just hoping for some added silliness that's all. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,094 posts
15,751 battles

Well two things are sure:

• French BB line which we can expect quite soon
  • US CA/CL split lines, probably after French BBs somewhere in the first half of 2018 

There is some indications that RN DD line and Italian CL/CA line will also be introduced this year and some suggestion of CV rework but these were based more on one translated interview and not officially confirmed by WG staff.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,094 posts
15,751 battles
14 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Didn't we get the RU DD split?

Because I distinctly remember I have two tier X RU DDs in my port, not just one.

He is talking about other (third?) line of Soviet DDs composed of ships WG announced last year

COIVsHy.jpg

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles

Wasn't that dropped along with the new type of weaponry?

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,461 posts
2 minutes ago, fumtu said:

He is talking about other (third?) line of Soviet DDs composed of ships WG announced last year

COIVsHy.jpg

In a way I did. But I really completly forgot the already available second DD line we have in the game. My fault and I edited my opening post to reflect that.

[CATS]
Players
14,061 posts
10,560 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

And where do I find this on a Wargaming operated website? :cap_hmm:

(that's what I am aiming for with this thread)

It was discussed on the forum in December...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,094 posts
15,751 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Well possibly ... probably ... kind of ... Three dds in the photo, Smeliy, Neustrashimy and Project 56 (better known as Kotlin class in the West) were all regular destroyers with guns and torps. Kotlin class later received missiles but when commissioned they were armed only with guns and torps. It was Kildin class, possibly the top tier of the line and which briefly appeared in the same video, that was problematic as it was the first class of destroyers that carried ASM missiles in the World. S_O confirmed that they tested missiles but they reject them (for now) but the question is what will happen with other three models as they were probably already created.  

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,653 posts
9,230 battles
12 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Apparently.
Can't have fun to use weapons that very effective against BBs now, can we? :Smile_trollface:

OT: There was also rumors of RU BBs possibly late this year, or early 2018.
That remains to be seen.

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

I'd like to see the T-61 at some point. Feels as though it's been teased for a ridiculously long time with no sign of it appearing in the shop. I hope there aren't some last-minute updates taking place, the ship I saw being previewed on various streams looked like an excellent DD.

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
303 posts
2,214 battles
3 hours ago, Strappster said:

I'd like to see the T-61 at some point. Feels as though it's been teased for a ridiculously long time with no sign of it appearing in the shop. I hope there aren't some last-minute updates taking place, the ship I saw being previewed on various streams looked like an excellent DD.

Too good if I remember correctly and considering at the same WG previewed another T6 DD that was just meh... I wouldn't be surprised if both ship went back to balance department's hands.

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
24 minutes ago, rigawe said:

Too good if I remember correctly and considering at the same WG previewed another T6 DD that was just meh... I wouldn't be surprised if both ship went back to balance department's hands.

nooooooo_elf.gif

Admittedly it was strong but I've wanted a premium DD for the Germans since I started playing that line simply because they're great all-rounders. I'd probably still buy it anyway but after repeatedly missing out on a Kamikaze, keeping it with that strength is the least WG could do. I don't mind if they withdraw it from sale straight away, the moment after I've bought mine. 

Beta Tester
3,756 posts
13,295 battles
24 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Not that many things on the list that would interest me... I'm not from the USofA, so all those mentioned "american things"  are just mehhhh... and football hasn't been fun since the mid-seventees, when it was less tactical and way more aggressive and fun. And the championship will just be another "Putin Supreme Ruler" festival, making more rich russian folks even richer...

So it would be nice to see more things on such a list, that would be of interest to european people... like... 2018 - the year of the Polxit... when Poland finally takes full consequence for it's politics and leaves the EU... probably to join a trade union with England :Smile_hiding:

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,909 posts
25,215 battles

Italian BB's with with various brands of Lager on the funnels, Then Russian BB's with various flavour Camo's.

On a serious note, A line of RN Destroyers (Without any pathetic gimmicks)

• Cool 2

Players
852 posts
6,936 battles

HMS Dreadnought (!!!),  Japanese Light Cruisers, WW1 Battlecruisers for the RN and KM and Commonwealth (along with more care and attention to the WW1 Tiers of the game),  more Destroyer Leaders (starting with HMS Cossack, svp), the Arethusa and Dido class RN CLs and some obscure specials based on all the ships the RN and USN sold after WW2 which were still going well into the 1980s (INS Mysore, for example, which was really HMS Fiji).

• Cool 1

Players
980 posts
5,238 battles

I wish for Italian cruisers line and second Japanese cruiser line. Light cruiser or aviation cruiser line.

Or at least give me Agano class premium ship!

• Cool 2

Players
460 posts
5,089 battles

Well for sure we will see a big drop of players playing this game; MM is getting worse and worse and now is like 200% worse than 6 months ago,, more and more fights and in 7 min because one team have 10 normal good average player vs at least 7-10 hard potato ( players that play worse than bots in coop and that are actually having hard time to win in coop - you wouldn't believe but I have seen that few night ago while I was going for that missions ) , WG don't care for them sails income of gazilion premium going perfect but one day that 90% of average normal and ofc unicom players will gone from game  than it will be to late ...  

But ok, this was my second returning to the game and it will be my last, there was some great time like on 1 year and about when KM got out, Battles was great, learning curve was real - now day is all about MM player RNG, so for me 2018 will be a sad year for this game because for WG only thing that is important are more new expensive premium with tragicomic expensive camo's and Patch that show when someone kill you or look at your name and same goes for last year  ..