You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MacFergus

Musashi P2W

131 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,035 battles

With the Reviews in from LWM and Notser it is what I suspected an easy to play idiot proof BB that requires little skill and again gives the middle finger to the community in the current climate of BB meta.

For me as an average player this would be an ideal ship however out of principle I will not be getting it , As of right now I was hoping to be more active in Wows as I have a bit more spare time on my hands getting near retirement and all but from the release of the Musashi WG have abandoned any notion of curbing the current BB meta and if anything are increasing and promoting it thus providing even more stale gameplay and camping.

I've been playing Wows since Closed Beta it was fun the mechanics were fun before all the gimmicks arrived games were fast and numbers seemed even on all classes , 30k-40k numbers at peak proved how fun those times were , But now numbers have declined the Meta has gone sour and despite numerous threads by WG loyal forum members about the BB meta and the Mighty Mo WG in all there wisdom have decided to release a potato friendly point and click beast at T9 thus making sure that for T7-T10 will be full of prem BBs far better than there silver line equivalent in essence p2w.

As I have mentioned in other threads the impact of this ship on mid tier gameplay will be huge all the strengths of the other BBs will be mute the KGV belt armour , The Tirpitz Bow , The Nelsons positioning and the poor old Rado will simply be blown out of the water by the stupidity of allowing 460mm guns at tier 9 combined with its awesome armour layout make it a park and shoot the ducks.

What's even more laughable its so called weaknesses like higher citadel and lack of AA are meaningless , WG have all but abandoned CVs even mid tier you might see 1 in 3 games and even if the CV does get a good strike on the monster 55% Torp protection means feck all to a 97k beast , As for the citadel well if this thing goes bow on and uses the channels unless your flank gets wiped or your a complete idiot the chance of you getting citadelled are slim to say the least I've learnt that in the Nelson with less armour although in the Nelson you can get bow citadelled now and again.

I'm sorry to say with the release of this ship WG have basically abandoned skill for ease of use and are in effect killing off there own game imho , I saw the same thing happen in Wowp where one tier 9 heavy German fighter ruined the whole meta but at least you had to grind the silver lines to get it and it wasn't a premium.

Anyone who thinks this ship is a good addition to the game needs there head testing its probably thee most overpowered ship ever to be released imho , At least ships like the Belfast and Kami need some element of skill to play this monster needs feck all.

Well done WG for yet again you have totally disregarded your CCs and your community and yet again a ship that is so op makes it past the testers not for first time but for the 10th just to make a fast buck I really think Wows is now in decline and by releasing this ship sort of proves the point they have gone past caring.

Thx for reading.........     

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[NKK]
Beta Tester
602 posts
5,948 battles

Well, actually, Musashi is free. Yes, you can pay to convert XP to Free XP, but it is still a free ship, so, how is it P2W ?

• Cool 9

Beta Tester
1,499 posts
4,650 battles

Free ship is P2W how exactly?

If you've been here from CBT surely you have enough free XP to grab Musashi yourself?

It may (or may not, we do not know yet) be OP but pay-2-win it is not.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,176 posts
9,323 battles

Musashi is anything but idiotproof.

That thing sits even higher in the water than the Yamato and the latter is essentially the only hightier BB left with a reliably punishable citadel. Let's see those BBabies show their side and watch how idiotproof that ship is after catching a BB broadside.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,035 battles
1 minute ago, valrond said:

Well, actually, Musashi is free. Yes, you can pay to convert XP to Free XP, but it is still a free ship, so, how is it P2W ?

WG would never introduce it unless there's a profit to be made out of it a bad or average player will never get 750k free xp or it will take them forever to do so , I see tons of people converting free xp to get this like they did with the MO.

• Cool 1

Supertester
374 posts
3,299 battles

Can't wait to get home and see Musashi players spam HE. Kappa. Anyway, now we will see Yamato without being in a fail Div, so that's nice. 

• Funny 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,728 posts
10,607 battles
10 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

WG would never introduce it unless there's a profit to be made out of it a bad or average player will never get 750k free xp or it will take them forever to do so , I see tons of people converting free xp to get this like they did with the MO.

By that logic, high tier silver ships are P2W too, since you can freeXP through the line...

• Cool 6

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles

Take a full fat Yam and punish the pretenders?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,035 battles
3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

By that logic, high tier silver ships are P2W too, since you can grab them for freeXP...

That's true of course I have no doubt people have done that , I think in all my time playing Wows I have accumulated around 470k free xp including free xp from containers and boxes which I spent on the Nelson :Smile_ohmy:

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,035 battles
6 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Take a full fat Yam and punish the pretenders?

I hope so , Problem is everyone looks at this ship from a top tier point of view 9-10 They never consider the impact at mid tier , Sure being a top tier ship your meant to be strong but godlike?.

Players
890 posts
11,126 battles
6 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

(...)which I spent on the Nelson :Smile_ohmy:

...which is also P2W! :Smile_trollface: (filter for T7)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,035 battles
Just now, AkosJaccik said:

...which is also P2W! :Smile_trollface: (filter for T7)

Well sort of :Smile_amazed: bit more skill evolved wouldn't you say :etc_hide_turtle:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles
2 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

I hope so , Problem is everyone looks at this ship from a top tier point of view 9-10 They never consider the impact at mid tier , Sure being a top tier ship your meant to be strong but godlike?.

Yes, in isolation Musashi might be OP but when she will get T10 MM anyway then Yams should punish them although the difference may not be as different as we might think.

Meh I might go hunting in my Moskva after this Ranked season and see how that goes.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,881 posts
5,337 battles

I'm starting to see the odd T9 these days; what is the approved method for dealing with a Musashi, according to competent players?

The reviews suggest she's Doom for enemy BBs, but rather less invulnerable to smaller, faster things (if they can avoid being hit) - do you concur?

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

had 3 games in musashi. all 3 games in t10. 2 games had CV... so far i am not feeling that p2w

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TIPC]
Players
337 posts
15,590 battles
7 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Well sort of :Smile_amazed: bit more skill evolved wouldn't you say :etc_hide_turtle:

what skill spam he and have super heal at tier7???u are just jelous for musashi just admit it!!!!

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,035 battles
12 minutes ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

what skill spam he and have super heal at tier7???u are just jelous for musashi just admit it!!!!

Well with my limited games in the Nelson so far positioning is crucial but no matter how you angle big guns will cit you from the front nothing you can do about that one , Luckily for me I'm very conscious about my broadside if your spamming HE in the Nelson your playing her wrong a good mix of ap and he normally does the trick as in most BBs after all HE is repairable :Smile_smile: 

As for being jealous nope not happing I have over 1.4 million xp rdy to be converted but I'm not going to endorse another op prem BB if you think the Nelson is op that's you opinion as you are entitled to.

[LOBUZ]
[LOBUZ]
Players
4,281 posts
16,040 battles

Musashi is p2w in exactly the same way as Jianwei

[SCRUB]
Players
7,176 posts
9,323 battles
25 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Musashi being toptier (i.e.: a tier VII to tier IX match) makes no change to tier VII ships at all. The single thing about the Musashi that sets her apart from other tier IX battleships is her ability to overmatch 32mm hull plating.

But for tier VII battleships with only 25mm of hull plating the difference between 380mm, 381mm, 406mm, 410mm and 460mm is just a tiny bit more damage since any battleship caliber AP from tier VIII onwards can overmatch them anyway.

And cruisers get blapped by battleships anyway unless they can autobounce those shells from their belt armour and at that angle any cruiser from tier VII onwards can autobounce 460mm caliber AP anyway.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
349 posts
2,162 battles

This is actually quite cute.

At first, lots of people complaining that Musashi seems UP.

Now, she's P2W.

What is it then?

At least, we can complain...

• Cool 1

Players
890 posts
11,126 battles

Caveat: I do not (yet?) own her. But as far as I can tell, she's a big, biiig convensional BB that might be hard to rip apart from the surface (except for the citadel, which is frankly, how just about all BBs should have it probably), but doesn't really have any very unique tools that a good player could pull up and do miracles, unlike sitting in f.e. a Missouri. Is a Yamato-class sitting in T9 instead of T10 a good thing? Arguably not. But while an unfortunate implementation, I don't see this gamebreaking at all.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles
27 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm starting to see the odd T9 these days; what is the approved method for dealing with a Musashi, according to competent players?

The reviews suggest she's Doom for enemy BBs, but rather less invulnerable to smaller, faster things (if they can avoid being hit) - do you concur?

That's simply the Yam down tiered.

Yam is the anti BB ship, park up, angle and unpack your sniper rifle... It's boring as hell but some kids enjoy that. 

Musashi looks like she'll play exactly the same way just with a little more derp.

I still stand by my original statement, Musashi is a T9 Yam. Why bother if you already own the T10 ship?

• Cool 1