Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xxNihilanxx

Give me back my old port view please

23 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles

So now, when in port, the game is zoomed in really close to the selected ship such that it fills my entire screen and I end up looking at a close up view of a small section of the ship. I can scroll out to see the whole ship (the way I used to have it set up) but wait a few seconds and the game decides I want to zoom back in. Why? What was the point of this change?

Please revert this completely unnecessary change, WG, it's fugly.

• Cool 4

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles

Zoom out and wait.

It will zoom back in.

I used to have my port zoomed out and each new ship selected would also be zoomed out, now each one starts zoomed in until I zoom out again. Sit for a while and it zooms back in.

I checked settings (first thing I did) but could not see anything.

Edit: Plus zooming out also rotates ship when before it wouldn't.

[BS4]
Players
705 posts
4,960 battles

Mine is fine too...Looks amazing on the ocean port, lovely details, you can zoom far in or zoom out, what's not to like.:Smile_great:

But I have noticed the name of the ships are nowhere to be seen on the ships....that's bad karma in naval superstition:Smile_sad:

the old ports used to return to the original position after a while anyway....

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles

Video of it occurring.

I don't ever remember this behaviour before (being on the spectrum I am hyper sensitive to change so would know) and the view did not revert before. I have gone afk to cook an entire meal in the past and come back to a fully zoomed out ship.

Or, for durations longer than that, waited for SadLemon to ready up a ship whilst in division (Bush will recognise the reference).

Players
2,296 posts
12 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

waited for SadLemon to ready up a ship whilst in division (Bush will recognise the reference).

:Smile_teethhappy: Apparently that is a complaint made against me often too my Mr. happy millhammer :Smile_Default:

I reckon your zooming is a punishment for being a pink team killing scumbag :Smile_hiding:

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles
5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I reckon your zooming is a punishment for being a pink team killing scumbag :Smile_hiding:

It was military discipline. The guy was relieved of command and his vessel scuttled.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
7,148 posts
9,305 battles

The port camera has a standard perspective and will default back to it after some period of inactivity. That's what you're seeing there and has been in the game for as long as I can remember.

The default view however does seem to look a bit closer than what I'm used to. Do you use 1920x1080p resolution or something different?

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles

Yes, 1920 x 1080

Also, I know that the camera would revert the initial orientation of the ship but the zoom level used to stay the same.

Beta Tester
542 posts
3,406 battles

I hated the automatic camera zoom after a few seconds. You could never get the perfect screenshots, and had to hold the camera still with the mouse on a specific part of the ship constantly.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles

OK, so it occurred to me, to double check I wasn't going mad (well no more than normal), that I must have some screenshots showing my port from previous versions. Check the images below with regard to the amount of zoom and you can clearly see that the ships have stayed zoomed out even if the orientation of the ship has reverted to the angled view.

shot-16_09.07_02_14.22-0339.thumb.jpg.9c7c2a355d7c5d96c95f581aa42a8ebf.jpgshot-16_09.21_18_07.27-0649.thumb.jpg.1bb41a482629bc914b1ae2964933ab44.jpg

shot-16.10.11_19.41.38-0270.jpg

shot-16.11.15_04.29.40-0727.jpg

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles
Just now, Mandalorianer said:

I find your lack of details disturbing

I give zero phux what you think.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,144 posts
11,447 battles

For my PC/monitor the new camera will always try to "fit" the ship to the screen as big as possible. This means a Kamikaze will almost fit the full screen and a Yamato will also fit the full screen.

Personally I second the notion to start fully zoomed out and having to scroll in for details (this way I can also better enjoy the harbour) instead of starting fully zoomed in and having to zoom out.

[BUSHI]
Players
2,913 posts
15,676 battles

If you want to test my improved port camera then unpack and copy to mods: camerasConsumer.zip

Ship view is always max zoomed out and there is no transition between views. Port, camo, signals, flags - always the same screen :-) This is almost final version which will be posted in mod section. Please share your comments. Thanks.

camera.thumb.jpg.79a432001b27273f0b8a43b90ba87335.jpg

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,032 posts
5,140 battles
On 18/1/2018 at 2:38 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

So now, when in port, the game is zoomed in really close to the selected ship such that it fills my entire screen and I end up looking at a close up view of a small section of the ship. I can scroll out to see the whole ship (the way I used to have it set up) but wait a few seconds and the game decides I want to zoom back in. Why? What was the point of this change?

Please revert this completely unnecessary change, WG, it's fugly.

On 18/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

Zoom out and wait.

It will zoom back in.

I used to have my port zoomed out and each new ship selected would also be zoomed out, now each one starts zoomed in until I zoom out again. Sit for a while and it zooms back in.

I checked settings (first thing I did) but could not see anything.

Edit: Plus zooming out also rotates ship when before it wouldn't.

On 18/1/2018 at 3:54 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

Video of it occurring.

I don't ever remember this behaviour before (being on the spectrum I am hyper sensitive to change so would know) and the view did not revert before. I have gone afk to cook an entire meal in the past and come back to a fully zoomed out ship.

Or, for durations longer than that, waited for SadLemon to ready up a ship whilst in division (Bush will recognise the reference).

On 18/1/2018 at 6:51 PM, Mandalorianer said:

I find your lack of details disturbing

Your lack of reading comprehension is even more disturbing...

Beta Tester
1,360 posts
16 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

If you want to test my improved port camera then unpack and copy to mods: camerasConsumer.zip

Ship view is always max zoomed out and there is no transition between views. Port, camo, signals, flags - always the same screen :-) This is almost final version which will be posted in mod section. Please share your comments. Thanks.

Great job! Might want to raise the camera a little so it's looking down on the ship, like in the earlier screenshots in this thread.

Edit: current version breaks the container view.

Edited by StringWitch

[BUSHI]
Players
2,913 posts
15,676 battles
1 godzinę temu, StringWitch napisał:

Great job! Might want to raise the camera a little so it's looking down on the ship, like in the earlier screenshots in this thread.

Thanks for info. It was just first - unpolished version. Please test a new one. camerasConsumer v2.zip

shot-18_06.23_16_01.42-0667.jpg.744b7465d50325ce73d08c3494b203ee.jpg

Angle of ships stayed the same, but a view is a little more from the top. Now zooming to artillery/AA/torpedo is zoomed out twice then standard. In my opinion it looks much better now. Please check this.

Additionally there is no transition to container ship, so all the unwanted animations of opening containers are invisible :-)

shot-18_06.23_11_16.53-0034.jpg.1d5045c5068b4963c4e2aab4b91ba0a1.jpg

Of course i can make different views at easy now ( after hours of testing ;-) ), but it must look good across all maps and ships. I can change some parameters only sligtly, becouse doing it too much and there are some glitches and unwanted effects.

• Cool 2

[BUSHI]
Players
2,913 posts
15,676 battles
2 godziny temu, StringWitch napisał:

Edit: current version breaks the container view.

It not breaks, but it is making it invisible, becouse a lot of people do not wanted see container animations - only the given stuff. I can't do that right now witch transfer to container ship (it's impossible to do that in this game file), but anyway why loosing the time with going to it at first place ? Click and You can see the results in standard ship view :-)

In published mod there will be 2 different versions. Normal and without container ship.

Beta Tester
1,360 posts
1 hour ago, Odo_Toothless said:

It not breaks, but it is making it invisible, becouse a lot of people do not wanted container animations - only the given stuff. In published mod there will be 2 different versions. Normal and without container ship.

Oh, I see. I didn't expect the container contents to be shown, so I was afraid of trying it. Shame it doesn't skip the delay before opening, but it does stop the stuttering I get from camera transitions. With v2 some battleships appear lower than the centre of the screen (eg. Fuso and Warspite), but since it's only some of them I imagine that's probably more of a WG problem with assiging the centre position of the model.

I don't know what you mean about the artillery/AA/torp zoom level. It doesn't seem any different to me in battle. You mean the module selection view?

[BUSHI]
Players
2,913 posts
15,676 battles
1 godzinę temu, StringWitch napisał:

Oh, I see. I didn't expect the container contents to be shown! Shame it doesn't skip the delay before opening, but it does stop the stuttering I get from camera transitions. With v2 some battleships appear lower than the centre of the screen, but since it's only some of them I imagine that's probably more of a WG problem with assiging the centre position of the model.

I don't know what you mean about the artillery/AA/torp zoom level. It doesn't seem any different to me in battle. You mean the module selection view?

Container animation could be deleted so cutting off the time of waiting, but this probably could be done in another file. I will look at it, in near future.

Both versions are different only at ship inclination. v1 has an original WG value. In v2 the problem is simply more visible at some ships ex. New Mexico. Every ship can be angled differently to mask this ship centering problem, but this is too much of work. I already invested a lot of time into it without hope for success, but yesterday I've done it :-)

edit. artillery/AA/torp zoom level was changed. In original when you click module selection view you will see it very close, which bothered my eyes ;-) Now module zoom is 2 times zoomed out then original. Compare original game and with my file and you will see the difference. I looked at it and i will made the same zoom for main battery and others modules to avoid flipping. I hate this effect ;-)

Thanks for comments. I will return to v1, to standard WG inclination or I will raise it only a little. They probably saw the problem with centering too, so they choosed such and not different value.

v3. ready camerasConsumer v3.zip

- changes: inclination slightly decreased

- module camera view of main guns with the same zoom as secondaries/AA/torps

notes: Angle of ship after game loading is different then in normal mod view. Original has the same behaviour, but it is less visible. Anyway it's a minor nuance.

Players
1,517 posts
5,955 battles
On 23.6.2018 at 12:48 AM, Juanx said:

Your lack of reading comprehension is even more disturbing...

Necroing a 5 months old comment and quoting and "commenting" it out of context isn't as "edgy" as you might think it is.

• Boring 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,032 posts
5,140 battles
6 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Necroing a 5 months old comment and quoting and "commenting" it out of context isn't as "edgy" as you might think it is.

Again being butthurt?

How is it out of context? The quotes are all there.

And I thought you said you liked melting snowflakes, it turns out you are one sore snowflake yourself...

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this