PhantomSailor

Roma T8 Italian Premium Battleship (DONT BUY)

9 comments in this topic

[SOR]
Players
293 posts

shot-18_01.18_12_42.13-0653.thumb.png.251a95c4416a0bb46cb544301b9e88d9.png

This ship is awful.... the dispersion is a joke.... It performs poorly and it has the massive shotgun shell effect!
The dispersion is so nuts, that 1-2 shells out of 9 made contact with a Tirpitz...
Turrets get knocked out 3 times in 1 battle, even tho I have Main armaments Mod 1 on this ship.
This ship was good without the nerf, now it's just awful.. DON'T buy unless you really want a Italian Premium..

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
36 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

I BOUGHT A PREMIUM SHIP AND HAD A BAD GAME, I PAID FOR IT SO I SHOULD HAVE 100% WR AND a BILLION DAMAGE PER GAME

Your 1 game experience is soooo much to base it on, 10/10 review

Can't hit the target? Stop sniping from max range and get closer

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,790 posts
13,024 battles
1 hour ago, PhantomSailor said:

the dispersion is a joke....

LittleWhiteMouse Review (quote from Quick Summary: " Her guns misbehave, with poor dispersion values, overmatch problems and overpenetration after overpenetration. ")

Flamu latest WiP Preview (stream highlight)

Just to mention a two examples which can help to get a picture before the purchase. But well, at least you also got the great tin can camo with additional combat boni.

[SOR]
Players
293 posts
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Your 1 game experience is soooo much to base it on, 10/10 review

Can't hit the target? Stop sniping from max range and get closer

Nice troll post dude.

That one game, made me not wanna try again.
Turrets get's knocked out so often even with Main Armament Mod 1.
And I'm not even sniping.. trying to hit a Tirpitz at 13km+ is where I finally thought this ship is horrible!
You can't even snipe with this Battleship, and it encourages you to stay close range.
But if they don't think around 13km is a decent range.. Then this ship isn't performing at all.

I'm not a bad player, and I'm not a unicom player.. But that said I have very often good high damage, high XP and combat from 7km to 20km in Montana.. for example.
It can be a good ship, but you really need to work for it to make it come close to Alabama and Tirpitz.
Roma doesn't make me wanna play another game, and it's sad.

Just to put a bit of context into it.. I have NEVER had such a crappy game ever in a T8 BB.
Going to try Roma again.. 
You really need to stay close range.. around 7km to 12km for this ship to even work somewhat fine.

shot-18_01.18_16_54.06-0405.thumb.png.55dc3653e059730539e34a3f21247f01.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FABER]
Players
22 posts
3,403 battles

Also don't forget that if a ship is sailing on a straight line from you  and you try to hit it 9 out 10 time it misses the dispersion is awful.

Players
24 posts
2,577 battles

The ship is awesome , just dont be the person sitting at the side line shooting from 20km away  crying after each shot ..... your a BB get in there .....

Beta Tester
305 posts
3,640 battles

hello mates , i have it and what can i tell for the moment is that its  a good ship if u have the patience to learn her , what can i say on first impression is that its a cruiser killer just search for cruisers what expose their broadside and ,,nuke,, them , i got lots of citadels with herr, sometimes yes  shells can totally miss the enemy but same thing happened also when i played tirpitz or other bbs, also angled can bounce lots of shells from enemy , even from high tiers bbs , sometimes its awesome, sometimes its ,,bad ,, but like in reall life nothing its like you expect to be,have a nice day gentlemen's