Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

79 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,726 posts
10,679 battles

So GreedGaming, you really charge 18€ for a 10 point weeb captain and - of course - you add $hit to bloat up the bundle?

Why am i not surprised? You expect people to buy that? 

Well, let me think about that for a second...how about no.effin.way.

Also, 46€ for the Roma? Are you that desperate for money GreedGaming? 

Didn't you like sell millions of Xmas boxes in all three games? Alone the ~40k Type59s must account for a $hit-ton of money considering people were throwing money (in some cases 1k+€!!) at you to get one.

But then, it's a iconic ship - for the italian player base at least - and those haven't been really milked so far.

You know, if you keep making overpriced bloat ware bundles and rip-off prices for new premium ships, could you at least spend some money on your servers? 

One hooker less a day and you could afford things like server maintenance, and maybe - just maybe - have running servers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[AAA-]
Players
653 posts
4,823 battles

Don't forget there are 6 stages in a HSF mission so we might get free anime that you also can but not must buy like you could with the DoY.

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,332 battles

I will never pay money to get numbed by those annoying HSF voices... 

In fact, my Harekaze captain will sit in port forever. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
125 posts
6,896 battles

Roma price is in line with other tier8 premBBs.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,726 posts
10,679 battles
4 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

Don't forget there are 6 stages in a HSF mission so we might get free anime that you also can but not must buy like you could with the DoY.

Possible, but still not worth the money.  Captain + mission for 5 bucks and it would sell better, maybe even to those who'd not buy weeb stuff.

WarGamings shop policy is so outdated it isn't even funny.

1 minute ago, Panzerblitz said:

Cat camo is fun though....

Yes, it is. Still not worth 4k Doubloons or 16€.

I think it's time to talk about rip-off bundles and over priced stuff on other social media platforms. 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,462 posts
7,850 battles

The most anticipated premium ship in a long time being expensive? Nooo, are you sure?

Jokes aside, it's priced to match demand.

The HSF captains are in a similar position of being completely uninteresting to people who don't want anime captains, no matter how low the price is.

But fans will buy them for the voices and for the novelty at prices which would be too high for any generic 10 point captain.

[X_MAS]
Players
58 posts
6,575 battles
2 minuti fa, Jethro_Grey ha scritto:

Possible, but still not worth the money.  Captain + mission for 5 bucks and it would sell better, maybe even to those who'd not buy weeb stuff.

I think it's time to talk about rip-off bundles and over priced stuff on other social media platforms. 

The beauty of free capitalism is that if you find something to be overpriced or not to you likings you can simply not buy it and take something else. You should try!
I feel permacamos are seriously overpriced. Am i moaning about it in such a way? No, i'm simply not buying them.

Also Roma is on par with other T8 ships. Am i going to buy it despite being Italian? No, i think 40 + euros for a ship is just too much. That said: a lot of people will and i can only say congrats to them! 

You know, one could argue that a lot of stuff is overpriced in this world. Is a Ferrari really worth the price tag on it? I bet you not. Does people still dream about it and spend the money to buy them? Yes. Personal choices mate. Personal choices. 

And just to make it clear: do i think WG could make more interesting bundles ? Sure. I also think they could do sort of a "create your bundle" where you simply add the stuff you want from a number of choices and the "discounts" increases with the amout of stuff you put it. Still, i find it kinda funny to go on "social media" to claim how overpriced stuff in a game is...

No offence meant anywhere.

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,726 posts
10,679 battles
35 minutes ago, jako737 said:

The beauty of free capitalism is that if you find something to be overpriced or not to you likings you can simply not buy it and take something else. You should try!
I feel permacamos are seriously overpriced. Am i moaning about it in such a way? No, i'm simply not buying them.

Also Roma is on par with other T8 ships. Am i going to buy it despite being Italian? No, i think 40 + euros for a ship is just too much. That said: a lot of people will and i can only say congrats to them! 

You know, one could argue that a lot of stuff is overpriced in this world. Is a Ferrari really worth the price tag on it? I bet you not. Does people still dream about it and spend the money to buy them? Yes. Personal choices mate. Personal choices. 

And just to make it clear: do i think WG could make more interesting bundles ? Sure. I also think they could do sort of a "create your bundle" where you simply add the stuff you want from a number of choices and the "discounts" increases with the amout of stuff you put it. Still, i find it kinda funny to go on "social media" to claim how overpriced stuff in a game is...

No offence meant anywhere.

That's not how it works.

If the players have remained silent during the Xmas convoy eff up 2016, EU would have been the only server to not get that campaign.

If the players and the CCs would have remained silent 2+ years ago about WGs "we sell new premiums in bundles exclusively", we'd had bloated bundles only.

If the player base and the CCs would have remained silent, WG would have sold the turd that is the Graf Zeppelin and not re-worked it.

If EAs player base would have remained silent, EA would still sell loot boxes for Star Wars battlefront II.

Remaining silent is not an option when things get wrong. And if WG dislikes one thing, it's negative publicity on platforms outside the forums.

Cause it hurts what they value the most: income. 

So yeah, talking on other platforms about WGs rip-off bundles is the way to go. Will it change something? No, not if only few talk about and people like you remain silent.

• Cool 6

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,540 battles

You are right about reacting to fails but Roma is normally priced for a T8 BB.

Of course there are no discounts for a fresh launched ship.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,259 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Especially if you think about it. What stops you from modding the picture of the captain of your choice with the same picture (maybe even one of the ARP ones if you don't want to risk multiples)?

Will they eventually just give out all the voiceovers to everyone owning ONE HSF ship when the collab ends just like they did with ARP?

If you consider the two points above isn't all you are really buying just a generic 10 Point IJN captain?

Also yes this camo is way to expensive. As far as i know Prinz Eugen special camo is only 3k dubloons.

But it is the best camo they added so far by miles :fish_cute_2: (this is only my personal opinion)

This might be actualy the first standalone premiumcamo i will buy..... :fish_nerv:

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

@Jethro_Grey

I assume you didn't see the standard edition of Roma?

Nevermind, I've overlooked your 46 Euro statement. :Smile_hiding:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Jethro_Grey sagte:

Also, 46€ for the Roma? Are you that desperate for money GreedGaming? 

only a few cents more expensive than the Kii, so it fits in the price frame...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,973 posts
11,395 battles
40 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

That's not how it works.

If the players have remained silent during the Xmas convoy eff up 2016, EU would have been the only server to not get that campaign.

If the players and the CCs would have remained silent 2+ years ago about WGs "we sell new premiums in bundles exclusively", we'd had bloated bundles only.

If the player base and the CCs would have remained silent, WG would have sold the turd that is the Graf Zeppelin and not re-worked it.

If EAs player base would have remained silent, EA would still sell loot boxes for Star Wars battlefront II.

Remaining silent is not an option when things get wrong. And if WG dislikes one thing, it's negative publicity on platforms outside the forums.

Cause it hurts what they value the most: income. 

So yeah, talking on other platforms about WGs rip-off bundles is the way to go. Will it change something? No, not if only few talk about and people like you remain silent.

It's interesting how negative comments on WG's news pages tend to get nuked pretty fast....

IMO Prem Ships are 50% overpriced above what I'd consider fair and good value, yet I've got a port full of them so meh disposable income. I'm a Type 59 Loser this Xmas too but I didn't spend £1k!!!  However I did buy so much in WoT I will likely never need to spend a penny in that game ever again and since it's Prem time rolls over to this game it'll last a hell of a long time. 

I'll probably even buy Roma but that depends on my ability to hit Rank 1 again this time round!

HSF Harekaze is the only ship where I've bought a bundle but that's mostly because the 2nd package at the time got me Harekaze and Hood for a bit of a discount. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,259 battles
2 hours ago, SteDorff said:

All hopes just chattered for me.... :Smile_sad:

(from NA Site)

"For every category you complete, you get a special anime-inspired flag to fly proudly into battle. Earn all 35 character portraits and score permanent camo for Yamato, a special Kure Maritime High School flag, and an achievement!  "

Also:

"Three new permanent camos based on the anime are now available! New camos for Harekaze and Musashi can be purchased in the Premium Shop or in-game for Doubloons, while a new camo for Yamato can be earned by completing the High School Fleet Collection. Speaking of which… "

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/animewasamistake/

Darn.......

Beta Tester
110 posts
3,977 battles

Member when Arpeggio missions were free for all players when the collaboration was taking place? Member the good old time Wargaming didn't try to MILK WEEB PLAYERS for every [edited]penny? I member. Goold old memories. Never forget when missions got me playing not paying.

On another note. Extremely dissapointed by this High school fleet colaborations, it's all behind a paywall and not to mention 18€ for a commander, 7 day prem and some flags is asking for quite a price! Arpeggio won me over with hopes for more anime collaborations and when I heard HSF will be taking place I was overjoyed because I LOVED that anime. But here we are with all HSF stuff with a price tag, way to go Wargaming.

IMO Wargaming is becoming like Electronic Arts.

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
6,138 battles

Does anyone know for how long the HSF ships will stay in the shop (which didn't give a sales period)? I'd like to get herakaze (seems to be a fun ship if I'm not mistaken), but I've spent too much on santa crates gambling so I'm not really in the mood to buy anything right now...

[-HUN-]
Players
687 posts
7,934 battles

To be honest all premium ships are damn overpriced. If it cost like 50 percent of the value that it costs now I would say yeah, it is somewhere around a good price but this is just so much. Whoever says Roma is in good price cos famous ship and iconic and italien base etc etc. Member Prinz Eugen? That is actually a CTRL+C CTRL+V Hipper?  Alabama CTRL+C CTRL+V and some cut North Carolina? Kii CTRL+C CTRL+V and add some torps Amagi? Tirpitz CTRL+C CTRL+V plus torps Bismarck? Fujin? Kamikaze? Kamikaze R? Mutsu? The list effing goes on... IF you could buy the Kii for like third the money it is now but it were required Amagi to be unlocked I would say it's fine. Same with the others. But this greed WG does is disgusting.

WG isn't becoming EA. WG is worse than EA.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,973 posts
11,395 battles

I actually like the HSF money wall. It stops all but the most dedicated to the cause from using the camos :cap_haloween:

Makes spotting the weeabo easier :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
1,271 posts
3,476 battles
1 minute ago, Humorpalanta said:

WG isn't becoming EA. WG is worse than EA.

AFAIK, WG doesn't endorse p2w systems.

At least, not ones that aren't arguably beatable in the right circumstances...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,462 posts
7,850 battles
6 minutes ago, killer999death said:

Member when Arpeggio missions were free for all players when the collaboration was taking place? Member the good old time Wargaming didn't try to MILK WEEB PLAYERS for every [edited]penny? I member. Goold old memories. Never forget when missions got me playing not paying.

On another note. Extremely dissapointed by this High school fleet colaborations, it's all behind a paywall and not to mention 18€ for a commander, 7 day prem and some flags is asking for quite a price! Arpeggio won me over with hopes for more anime collaborations and when I heard HSF will be taking place I was overjoyed because I LOVED that anime. But here we are with all HSF stuff with a price tag, way to go Wargaming.

It's a F2P game. This is how it turns a profit.

Everything can't be free.

We're getting a collection for flags and a Yamato camo for free.

We're literally just ending a campaign where you get a tier 7 premium ship.

But you know, WG is clearly greedy. :Smile_smile:

[-HUN-]
Players
687 posts
7,934 battles
Just now, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

AFAIK, WG doesn't endorse p2w systems.

At least, not ones that aren't arguably beatable in the right circumstances...

Cough cough. Belfast. Kutuzov. Saipan.  Modules.

But my favorite is when modules and heals and stuff are on half price. But wait, you can't buy them then. Why? Because they don't want it. You could actually own them because you get them in boxes and gifts for missions and stuff so you can actually have them but you can't buy them when you want to. It has been a year since they introduced that storage thingy and you could sell your unused stuff but they still haven't done the one where you could buy them. Is it hard to do for the game? No. Is it hard to do in programming? No. Why haven't they done it? Cos money. And remember the flags. Can you buy the flags you need? No. You have to pay for those you don't need if you want to buy. Can you buy them ingame? No, you can't. Why? Because money. I would spend more money on this game if there wasn't this greed but as it looks I don't want to feed them.

People say EA is greedy. I say WG is even more greedy.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,259 battles
17 minutes ago, killer999death said:

12 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Member Prinz Eugen? That is actually a CTRL+C CTRL+V Hipper? 

Oh Jeah! I Member!

member%20berries.png

• Cool 1

Players
1,271 posts
3,476 battles
8 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Cough cough. Belfast. Kutuzov. Saipan.  Modules.

But my favorite is when modules and heals and stuff are on half price. But wait, you can't buy them then. Why? Because they don't want it. You could actually own them because you get them in boxes and gifts for missions and stuff so you can actually have them but you can't buy them when you want to. It has been a year since they introduced that storage thingy and you could sell your unused stuff but they still haven't done the one where you could buy them. Is it hard to do for the game? No. Is it hard to do in programming? No. Why haven't they done it? Cos money. And remember the flags. Can you buy the flags you need? No. You have to pay for those you don't need if you want to buy. Can you buy them ingame? No, you can't. Why? Because money. I would spend more money on this game if there wasn't this greed but as it looks I don't want to feed them.

As. I. Said. All three of those ships can be beaten under the right circumstances.

Belfast is a downtiered Edinburgh, with the same citadel that does it's level best to get penetrated. She has NO heal and NO torpedoes, so a good way of beating her is to go nose-on to her smoke and charge. Also, I have beaten Belfasts in my Kamikaze before. True story.

Kutuszov I don't know much about, but I've heard she traded the RU OP-dar for smoke, so make of that what you will.

Saipan, again I don't know much about, but others on this forum have stated how she can be played around.

Also, you can't buy special upgrades with real money, so your point is moot.

[-HUN-]
Players
687 posts
7,934 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

As. I. Said. All three of those ships can be beaten under the right circumstances.

Belfast is a downtiered Edinburgh, with the same citadel that does it's level best to get penetrated. She has NO heal and NO torpedoes, so a good way of beating her is to go nose-on to her smoke and charge. Also, I have beaten Belfasts in my Kamikaze before. True story.

Kutuszov I don't know much about, but I've heard she traded the RU OP-dar for smoke, so make of that what you will.

Saipan, again I don't know much about, but others on this forum have stated how she can be played around.

Also, you can't buy special upgrades with real money, so your point is moot.

Can be beaten IF. Yeah, that's sure. But the point of my comment isn't about p2w, but GREED. I said those because they still fancy some p2w but the point is greed.

They price things so high and they don't do easy ingame improvements just so they can milk us more. I'm not saying everything should be free. I accept it is a company that needs to work and needs profit. But their pricing policy is absolutely unaccaptable. That's where they beat EA. Also I can't say enough how i hate EA but there are things even they wouldn't dare to do. Member last christmas?

Sign in to follow this