You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Panzerblitz

Roma's Kobayashi camo - I'm not even Italian and this upsets me

52 comments in this topic

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
340 posts
5,977 battles

Look at the camo's boni:

boniroma.JPG.16affbfd57c32646bbcfcca0763767c3.JPG

This thing is gonna print credits - but in return you have to drive the ugliest thing there is. Asian letters which look like a generic restaurant menue all over the place: "I will take the ramen and the beef teriyaki please". The good idea of the lion head (the symbol for the Italian kingship) and the flowing tricolore bands get buried under giant black rectangles. And to add insult to injury he added a giant beercan on top of it all.

beercan.thumb.JPG.f120e07256e7105382d4972c689ae46a.JPG

This is a mockery of an otherwise beautiful ship and an insult to anyone who wants to make use of the great boni on the camo. It's time for WG to end the cooperation with Kobayashi, that man may understand mecha anime, but he has no idea about ships, about this game or it's community.

Give us an alternative camo with the same boni as I already demanded in my other post. This is the last Kobayashi camo I have bought, because if adding black rectangles and Asian letters is his idea of "art", then any grade-schooler can do better than him. That man is lazy and all 3 ships are a copy&paste job of the same idea.

romafugly.thumb.JPG.becf229d6a8937172b6bacbcdca9bde3.JPG
ashitakafugly.thumb.JPG.55323585187981337212e430c4f62d1e.JPGkiifugly.thumb.JPG.75b2bd56d894c17d13d67169bf07e27b.JPG

• Cool 6

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,400 posts
14,242 battles

If you bought the first it's OK. If you bought the 2nd one, then the fault is on you. If you've just bought the 3rd, you deserve what you got.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
340 posts
5,977 battles

Collector's disease....

Still it does not justify to sell use garbage. The boni on these camos are excellent and I don't see the point why we have to drive a fugly ship to make use of them.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

What the heck is that beercan-thingy on top? :Smile_amazed::cap_wander_2: Is it really there or just trolling? :Smile_ohmy:

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
340 posts
5,977 battles
5 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

What the heck is that beercan-thingy on top? :Smile_amazed::cap_wander_2: Is it really there or just trolling? :Smile_ohmy:

Unfortunately this is really what the camo looks like...

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

Beercan is part of the camo @Panzerblitz?  WTF, really? :cap_wander:

They really HAVE gone all out to spoil the ship's fine lines and make it look as ugly as possible. I never knew WG hated Italy so much. That is just vicious. :fish_viking:

BUT WHY, OH WHY???! Would anyone DO that? :Smile-angry:

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

It could be that Sapporo-beer is now sponsoring WG or something... :cap_hmm: So they'll be adding beercans into all of our ships... THE HORROR! :etc_red_button::etc_swear:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,469 posts
7,855 battles

This camo for me has made it past the bad threshold and ascended into the realms of "So Bad, It's Good".

The other Kobayashi camos were just bad. This is something further beyond.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,556 posts
8,690 battles

Well, if they introduce this BS I'm certainly installing some no skin mod. Did it before when there still were some of those neonlight hentai ships around, but they have mostly disappeared.

Are you trying to break the immersion on purpose, WG?

@Panzerblitz where do you buy this skins? Never saw them in the store. And even more: WHY?

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,966 posts

The local shop also sells Kobayashi by the dozens!

Spoiler

STELLA-ARTOIS-24-CANS.png

-3% accuracy, +4% reaction time, +100% double vision

• Funny 5

[NED]
Players
1,616 posts
5,922 battles

Wargaming please create a toggle so we can have the bonus of the kobayashi camo and the looks of the regular camo that goes with any premium ship.

• Cool 1

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
340 posts
5,977 battles

1 minute ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Well, if they introduce this BS I'm certainly installing some no skin mod. Did it before when there still were some of those neonlight hentai ships around, but they have mostly disappeared.

@Panzerblitz where do you buy this skins? Never saw them in the store. And even more: WHY?

Mostly for collector's reasons. Those skins could only be bought if you went for the higher priced packages, same as for the other ships. The boni on all these skins is really good to earn credits, if you can stand the look.

But this is the worst so far. What makes it so bad, is that he had a great basic idea with the white background, the golden lionhead and the tricolore bands, but then Kobayashi added the usual stuff, namely the rectangles, the letters and ultimately the beercan.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

Well, I will wait for the Italian tech tree(s) first before getting any premiums anyways. But even then, screw the improved credit farming, I will not be buying this horrid camo come what may... :Smile_facepalm:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,058 posts
13,815 battles

We need to go further! We need a premium USN Essex class CV with a skin that makes her look like a gigantic barbecue skin! We need a premium IJN Akizuki class DD that makes all her turrets look like the turret of the duck tank from WoT! We need a French premium BB with the exact premium camouflage they currently have. The French battleship's camouflages looks stupid enough.

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,556 posts
8,690 battles
2 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The local shop also sells Kobayashi by the dozens!

Hide contents

STELLA-ARTOIS-24-CANS.png

-3% accuracy, +4% reaction time, +100% double vision

Given that hideous monstrosity of a camo, I'm thinking more of something stronger, and quite less legal...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkaI6pSH_EwbZ-QBY2-RG

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,988 battles

Maybe it's time to stop giving asians the ability to make camos....

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

Well, it was kinda understandable & vaguely tolerable as long as they used those in IJN ships or perhaps even Chinese ones, but it makes no sense at all to have Kanji scribbles on an Italian BB whatsoever. :Smile-_tongue:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,950 posts
6,633 battles
10 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

What immersion ? In a game where 5 Tirpitz and Bismarck are in the same team against 5 other Bismarck and Tirpitz ?

And you know, you can just hide the camo in the port (low right corner, just above the ship thumbnails). Nobody forces you to see them, and you don't even need a mod.

Also I'm offended you compare this abomination with the ARPs.

Players
2,239 posts
6,228 battles

I do kinda like the camos (yes I do), but the beer can I do not like.

And about the colors used for this Roma, it's his interpretation of the Italian colors and I think it is kinda fitting but I like the other 2 better.

Looking at the bonus this camo gives, it seems like a tier 8 Missouri?

Beta Tester
215 posts
4,056 battles

Aside from the beer can, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the camo.

People should actually learn to appreciate, accept and respect other cultures without trying to change them.

[TENGO]
Players
1,556 posts
8,690 battles

5 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

And you know, you can just hide the camo in the port (low right corner, just above the ship thumbnails). Nobody forces you to see them, and you don't even need a mod.

Isn't that just to hide those ships in my port? Can't check cause server error...

5 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Also I'm offended you compare this abomination with the ARPs.

I do hope you're being sarcastic, right?