Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Giulio Cesare - something wrong in 0.7.0

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OCTO]
Players
610 posts
14,527 battles

Hello all, 

 

Please share experience - I just played two games with GC and I have a feeling that something is badly screwed up. I know that the AP fuse change was supposed to be minimal. Maybe I am just plain wrong, but please explain it to me. 

 

I had a lot of pens on T V BBs with no damage whatsoever. I do understand in principle how damage is calculated and this doesn;t make sense. For example, I was engaging medium range Texas and long range Konig. Look at the results. I may be wrong, but I think something has changed. 

 

Please comment.

 

5a60680e400af_GCstrange3.thumb.png.0d7b7f69a012722cca9f5627e731ba68.png

 

 

GC strange2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,834 posts
6,552 battles
30 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

I had a lot of pens on T V BBs with no damage whatsoever.

Is that your problem? Well then a quick read of the forums would have netted you the answer, it's not connected to your pretty little OP boat

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,790 posts
13,055 battles

First thing I spotted: that's quite a large number of gun incapacitations. Therefore you hit the guns of those ships quite reliably. But you will not get citadels on those ship parts. Aim a bit further down and a bit further back on the broadsides. Of course if those ships were angled try to hit them just a tiny bit higher to damage their superstructure or switch to HE. This should increase your damage output noticeably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
610 posts
14,527 battles
29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Is that your problem? Well then a quick read of the forums would have netted you the answer, it's not connected to your pretty little OP boat

 

 

I will ignore your puny attempt at sarcasm. However to quote you:

 

Turrets and barbettes - 0 damage penetrations

Secondary guns / turrets - 0 dmage penetrations

AA guns / turrets - 0 damage penetrations

Spaced armour (for example torpedo bulge) - 0 damage penetration if the shell explodes before entering the ship itself

Damage saturated areas - half damage penetrations

Damage saturated-depleted areas - 0 damage penetrations

 

Let's discuss Konig - spaced armour - none. Full HP (no damage saturation)

 

Now, look at the pics that I attached - how many damaged modules do you see on these screens, hmmm?  I see ONE.

 

So, now - Konig - 9 PENS, 1940 damage and 1 turret damaged. 

 That should give  average of 242 hp per pen. IMHO, this is very low - AFAIK, it should be around 33% of potential max damage. You can say f.e. that there were more hits on turrets that did no damage, but still, doesn't look right. 

 

If you want to explain it further, please do - I have come to ask for an explanation BUT, leave sarcasm out of it - very childish....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
610 posts
14,527 battles
12 minutes ago, Z_OnkelE said:

First thing I spotted: that's quite a large number of gun incapacitations. Therefore you hit the guns of those ships quite reliably. But you will not get citadels on those ship parts. Aim a bit further down and a bit further back on the broadsides. Of course if those ships were angled try to hit them just a tiny bit higher to damage their superstructure or switch to HE. This should increase your damage output noticeably.

@Z_OnkelE - thank you for your answer - you always contribute to a positive discussion. :cap_like:

 

This is the point, I have 69% WR in GC and average damage of 57K. I KNOW this ship. And I FEEL that something has changed, therefore I have posted a question. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience or is it my subjective feel....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,212 posts
5,611 battles
19 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

So, now - Konig - 9 PENS, 1940 damage and 1 turret damaged.

 

We would have to take your word on that, that the 9 hits are actually pens, and not shatter/Bounces, i guess overpens are out of the question. Not sure what u hit, but u can hit main battery guns/barbettes and not disable the turret, still yielding u 0 damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
610 posts
14,527 battles
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

We would have to take your word on that, that the 9 hits are actually pens, and not shatter/Bounces, i guess overpens are out of the question. Not sure what u hit, but u can hit main battery guns/barbettes and not disable the turret, still yielding u 0 damage.

Definitively pens, I am not that much of a noob to not be able to distinguish between pen, overpen, shatter and bounce... ;)

 

Either I am a world champion in hitting main guns from 14km (Konig enagement) or something is wrong.  Time will  tell.... :cap_old:

 

Maybe they did screw up while adjusting AP fuse time, it wouldn't be a first for WG.... Just wanted to know if anybody had a similar experience.

 

Thx for replying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
13 posts
8,453 battles

You can penetrate a main gun, do 0 damage, and also not actually knock the gun out, a 0 damage penetration on a gun is not a 100% chance to disable it. 

 

I haven't played my GC since the patch went live, so there may be still something wrong. but the post battle screen can be misleading when it comes to 0 damage penetrations.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BRIT6]
Players
37 posts
4,458 battles

The zero damage pens seem to be happening more often lately. Maybe just bad luck but yesterday in my Montana my first 2 salvoes into a GKF yielded 7 pens for zero damage - full HP ship. Maybe I did hit the guns or other part?

I think it's more the penetration ribbon that gets me or the zero damage, maybe they need to treat these shots as overpens and least give some damage?

A 1500lbs shell hitting a turret or armour space surely warrents something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,834 posts
6,552 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Konig - spaced armour - none

it still has torp protection, so you might have scored underwater hit on that without penetrating the ship itself

 

1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Now, look at the pics that I attached - how many damaged modules do you see on these screens, hmmm?  I see ONE.

You hit and penetrated, doesn't mean you knocked them out. Or is everything "one shot one kill" in your opinion?

 

 

1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

So, now - Konig - 9 PENS, 1940 damage and 1 turret damaged. 

1940 = exactly 2 overpens dmg. Also that is 9 HITS not 9 pens, for all we know those other 7 might have been bounces or shatters.

 

1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

leave sarcasm out of it

Or you could have just went to check the 1st page of topics, as it was already there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,110 posts
5,446 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Let's discuss Konig - spaced armour - none. Full HP (no damage saturation)

 

Now, look at the pics that I attached - how many damaged modules do you see on these screens, hmmm?  I see ONE.

 

So, now - Konig - 9 PENS, 1940 damage and 1 turret damaged. 

 That should give  average of 242 hp per pen. IMHO, this is very low - AFAIK, it should be around 33% of potential max damage. You can say f.e. that there were more hits on turrets that did no damage, but still, doesn't look right. 

 

If you want to explain it further, please do - I have come to ask for an explanation BUT, leave sarcasm out of it - very childish....

 

Cant you just upload the replay? Talking about scoresheets is... meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×