Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sisito0o

Distinctive Emblems Requirements

28 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Players
228 posts
3,200 battles

At first glance the requirements of those emblems which are to do 90 000, 108 000 damage for battleships it doesn't matter how much, the point is at first glance it looks that those are good requirements but maybe I am missing something I don't know. This is why I ask here. So that is hard to achieve in tier 10 bracket it should be hard, but isn't it close to impossible to be done in tier 6 or tier 5 bracket ? So if a said individual wants to unlock the best emblem isn't this going to force him to play only tier 10 ? And what will happen if he unlocks it and after that plays a lower tier or has bad luck and drops below 108 000 average will the emblem get locked ?

Yea if you are the best player on the server maybe you will manage to pull 108k avarage damange in any tier, I don't know, I am not the best BB player but I want to say those requirements are stupid, a much better way instead of hard number is to have percentage of enemy team total hit points, like 13%, 18%, 23%, 28% or whatever they decide is fair, I don't have statistics of players damage like Wargaming has. And done, that's it, the requirements will stay consistent no matter what MM you go against or what tier, is it really that hard to come up with such a solution ? Am I missing something, why Wargaming didn't think of it ? It took me 5 minutes to come up with this and I don't even play the game that much...

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,966 posts

It's not in a single battle IIRC, but over any number of battles.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
228 posts
3,200 battles
1 minute ago, MrFingers said:

It's not in a single battle IIRC, but over any number of battles.

Yes a 100 battles, that's all fine.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, sisito0o sagte:

So that is hard to achieve in tier 10 bracket it should be hard, but isn't it close to impossible to be done in tier 6 or tier 5 bracket?

I guess those special emblems are meant to be end content and hard to achieve...

[BGNAV]
Players
228 posts
3,200 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I guess those special emblems are meant to be end content and hard to achieve...

I saw nowhere, info telling me that only battles with tier 10 ships count for it or something like this. Because this should have been the case if the emblems are truly ment only for endgame ships. And even in this case my suggestion still will give better results won't it ?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, sisito0o sagte:

Because this should have been the case if the emblems are truly ment only for endgame ships.

Perhaps WG expects that their players will be able to realize it on their own?

[BGNAV]
Players
228 posts
3,200 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

Perhaps WG expects that their players will be able to realize it on their own?

It's possible but it's like for me to find an exploit in the game and not tell anyone but use it until Wargaming finds out and when they proceed to ban me, I will say, don't ban me, I just expected you to realize that I am exploiting on your own, now that you did I will stop, trust me.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

Ehh, so how will this work in practice? We can then put some emblem on each ship we have or some such?:Smile_amazed:

And, once unlocked, can you then put an emblem in any ship - Even a low tier one? :cap_hmm:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts

btw:

Vor 25 Minuten, sisito0o sagte:

So that is hard to achieve in tier 10 bracket it should be hard, but isn't it close to impossible to be done in tier 6 or tier 5 bracket ?

it is impossible because

Zitat

Players unlock Emblems fighting in Tier VIII+ ships and accomplishing the following:

so no need for discussion regarding low tiers...

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,840 posts
6,560 battles

Average over 100 battles, and you have to do them in tier 8+ ships, if not tier 10 exclusively. You can sealclub in 5s and 6s as much as you want you won't earn it.

• Cool 1

[IRN]
Beta Tester
58 posts
4,222 battles

Will the counting of the battles be done from now on or does the game also consider the past ones (perhaps by first doing a battle to "activate the system")?  :fish_book:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Bicio sagte:

Will the counting of the battles be done from now on

according to WG stream from now on

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
48 posts
12,422 battles

i think this will make the game more static :( 

players will just stay back camping to farm dmg. 

imo it would have been better to make it 100 battles with over  an amount of XP (lets say +120% over average)

will see

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,016 posts
3 hours ago, sisito0o said:

At first glance the requirements of those emblems which are to do 90 000, 108 000 damage for battleships it doesn't matter how much, the point is at first glance it looks that those are good requirements but maybe I am missing something I don't know. This is why I ask here. So that is hard to achieve in tier 10 bracket it should be hard, but isn't it close to impossible to be done in tier 6 or tier 5 bracket ? So if a said individual wants to unlock the best emblem isn't this going to force him to play only tier 10 ? And what will happen if he unlocks it and after that plays a lower tier or has bad luck and drops below 108 000 average will the emblem get locked ?

Yea if you are the best player on the server maybe you will manage to pull 108k avarage damange in any tier, I don't know, I am not the best BB player but I want to say those requirements are stupid, a much better way instead of hard number is to have percentage of enemy team total hit points, like 13%, 18%, 23%, 28% or whatever they decide is fair, I don't have statistics of players damage like Wargaming has. And done, that's it, the requirements will stay consistent no matter what MM you go against or what tier, is it really that hard to come up with such a solution ? Am I missing something, why Wargaming didn't think of it ? It took me 5 minutes to come up with this and I don't even play the game that much...

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Average over 100 battles, and you have to do them in tier 8+ ships, if not tier 10 exclusively. You can sealclub in 5s and 6s as much as you want you won't earn it.

Only the first two emblem tiers are for T8+ ships. For the third tier emblem you need T9+ and the final one is T10 only. You need to average the specified amount of damage (108k for the highest BB one) over the last 100 games (they start counting now, so you need 100 games to begin with).

You are then granted the emblem, so you can select the emblem instead of a patch.

2 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ehh, so how will this work in practice? We can then put some emblem on each ship we have or some such?:Smile_amazed:

And, once unlocked, can you then put an emblem in any ship - Even a low tier one? :cap_hmm:

Emblems are NOT ship specific, but tied to your profile. So yes, you can earn the Elite BB one in a Kurfürst, then select the emblem in your profile and club low tiers with a Katori, all the while showing off the Elite BB emblem when you kill seals. But remember the emblem (just like patches) is NOT visible on your ship. It's only visible in your profile, while hovering over players in the battle loading screen and team panels, and your victim sees your emblem or patch after you killed him. That's it, it's not visible in any way on the ship.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles

They're basically WoWS Mark of Excellence (WoT) except you get a badge instead of marks on your gun barrel. 

Unfortunately I find all those elite badge designs completely uninspiring, they all look like generic Sci Fi badges. 

The animal ones are more to my tastes however.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,959 battles

Aaaa! @NegativvvThat enlightens me even more. i have not played WoT (demands too fast reflexes for my age) so I am not familiar with these mechanics.:cap_old:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Aaaa! @NegativvvThat enlightens me even more. i have not played WoT (demands too fast reflexes for my age) so I am not familiar with these mechanics.:cap_old:

WoT has 3 levels of Marks of Excellence.

As in you need average damage totals over three increasing levels. Each level is taken from that tank's player stats however so it can shift massively depending on the tier and how balanced that tank is. 

Unlike here where it's a flat average damage total so you need to be a T10 Farmer.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,728 posts
10,607 battles

3 hours ago, sisito0o said:

So that is hard to achieve in tier 10 bracket it should be hard, but isn't it close to impossible to be done in tier 6 or tier 5 bracket ? So if a said individual wants to unlock the best emblem isn't this going to force him to play only tier 10 ?

No. Because the "average damage" Emblems are tier-locked. There are 4 emblems per class

class 4 and 3 take into account t8+ ships.

class 2 is for t9+

class 1 (the highest requirement) ONLY counts t10 matches.

So, matches in t5-6 BBs have literally no effect as far as emblems are concerned - you can't get emblems that way and neither does the damage hinder your progress.

On another note, I'm quite disgusted at these requirements - especially since there are no alternatives. It's all about damage ONLY (no "get X% winrate over last 100 matches" for people who play to win, for example). For DDs this is particularly bad - lower quota doesn't change the fact that someone who just tries to damage farm in DDs (instead of constesting caps and doing other dangerous but not very rewarding damage-wise things) is doing it wrong. It's not much better for CVs - the Emblem requirements actively encourage CV players (high tier ones, to boot) to only go after BBs and pretty much give up on scouting DDs. I mean, sure, letting the enemy steamroll you due to enemy DDs roaming free might not be optimal to get much damage in the long run, but the direct incentive is to focus on accumulating damage... that's not a good way to encourage good play.

Still. WG and encouraging good play. Why am I even surprised.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles
4 minutes ago, eliastion said:

No. Because the "average damage" Emblems are tier-locked. There are 4 emblems per class

class 4 and 3 take into account t8+ ships.

class 2 is for t9+

class 1 (the highest requirement) ONLY counts t10 matches.

So, matches in t5-6 BBs have literally no effect as far as emblems are concerned - you can't get emblems that way and neither does the damage hinder your progress.

On another note, I'm quite disgusted at these requirements - especially since there are no alternatives. It's all about damage ONLY (no "get X% winrate over last 100 matches" for people who play to win, for example). For DDs this is particularly bad - lower quota doesn't change the fact that someone who just tries to damage farm in DDs (instead of constesting caps and doing other dangerous but not very rewarding damage-wise things) is doing it wrong. It's not much better for CVs - the Emblem requirements actively encourage CV players (high tier ones, to boot) to only go after BBs and pretty much give up on scouting DDs. I mean, sure, letting the enemy steamroll you due to enemy DDs roaming free might not be optimal to get much damage in the long run, but the direct incentive is to focus on accumulating damage... that's not a good way to encourage good play.

Still. WG and encouraging good play. Why am I even surprised.

WoT MoE are all about pure damage farming, not even needing to win.

Although WoT is not the same as this as ships needs more team play but doesn't reward for it.

These emblems take the game in the wrong direction.

Even Victor said WoWS is not WoT yet with these emblems they're moving in that direction.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Negativvv sagte:

in fact trying to get a 3. MoE often means to play not for a win/your team...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,989 posts
11,418 battles
9 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

in fact trying to get a 3. MoE often means to play not for a win/your team...

Yes, stupid TDs that camp and offer nothing to the team. All that happens is they get over whelmed at some point but make the enemy pay for it.

Still I enjoy Tanks and plan to play a bit more after this Ranked season.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Time to dust off Khabarovsk and Zao!

Hope their boilers/engines still work...

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,728 posts
10,607 battles
31 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Well, I don't really care about WoT counterpart to our Emblems, the comparison doesn't matter to me, regardless of how similar or how different it might be. That being said - in WoT damage contribution is much more straightforward. The difference between classes (hp-wise) is less pronounced there and the ability to pick targets - much more limited. Not to mention that playing in a way that makes you useful for the team in WoT almost certainly means dealing LOTS of damage (with the possible exception of passive scouts). In WoWs being useful and dealing lots of damage are more likely to be in conflict (the most prominent example being capping - a job crucial for the team's success but very risky and detrimental to your ability to deal damage).

Players
890 posts
11,126 battles

However afaik gun marks are for specific vehicles, no? So basically you get into the battle with the clubbingtank, and the rings on your p*nis show off everyone that "Hey, I am good with this exact thing."

Meanwhile emblems are tied to the profile, showing that "Hey, instead of playing the objective, I farmed like a madman in a tier and ship that might have nothing to do with the current situation!"

While I am "all for damage farming..." (:Smile_trollface:), I have to say that visually and conceptually I like gun marks much more. They are somewhat more subtle, yet provide more information, and maybe most importantly, you get to put them ON to your tanks. In some other topic someone suggested admiral's flags similar to gun marks, I like that idea better than the current "it's purely cosmetic, but not really, but it is, but not really, and it's basically a profile picture, but not really..." approach.

In the end, I would have made these patches something like this:

Step 1: revise achievements, most of them are fine, some of them could use fine-tuning (especially with regards to step 2), but most importantly, finally make heroic achievements for playing the objective or "just" achieving good WR / consistently getting good XP regardless of win/lose etc. Examples: (a) Capture an objective held by the enemy (b) depending on your class, tank X% of your HP as potential damage, (c) shoot down 25% of every enemy plane in the battle with a cruiser, (d) deny at least 50% of a full capping effort in a single battle (based rather on cap points "deleted" than ribbons), (e) finish in the top half in every one of your last eight battles etc.

Step 2: Get patches with according symbolic stuff for the above mentioned achievements after you collected a number of them, for example: get something about "taking territories" for ten of (a); or get the shield background for a few of (b), get something "AA umbrella, protective angel whatever" figure for a few of (c) etc.

Compared to this, the current situation for patches: They are meaningless, as they are handed out like candy, except for sub-T5 or PvE where you don't get sh*t, and for emblems: farm. Farm. Farm more.

All in all, I feel like it's somewhat WGed: Alright-ish idea, not well thought-out implementation.

(Edit.: Btw, a bit offtopic, but did you guys see the new WoWp? I tried it out, and the post-battle screen is, as far as I am concerned, fantastic! It doesn't even show the "kills" directly, and people are ranked by their contributions to the battle depending on the class. Of course, kills and damage are not independent from this, but still, people get a clear incentive to do what their role actually is - and are properly rewarded for it! I have to admit, I am most impressed by it.)

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this