You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
reasonablytilted

Requirements for premium ship purchases

5 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
2,533 battles

hey, im not good with forum stuff and usually avoid it as good as i can, but i need to get this off my chest, so heres my story...

>encounters incredibly bad cv (im a cv main, so this triggers me even more than the usual cv hater)

>first mental breakdown (he flies all his aircraft semiafk into the enemy cleveland)

>looks up his stats

>second mental breakdown, everything is shiny red

>has 165 games, T5 highest conventional tier

>has 47 games with cv, all in saipan, none in conventional cv

>third mental breakdown

>questions availability of premium ships to noobs/bad players

>creates a new topic in forum

so, the amount of money wargaming makes off noobs/bad players buying premium high tier ships for whatever reason, although eventually skipping the conventional tech trees and therefore most likely having ZERO class knowledge, aside, this really is a funkiller for people who learned how to play certain ship types and THEN eventually bought premium ships. the idea is to ask for some requirements for premium purchases , like atleast 100 games with the class, 50%+ winrate, reaching the same Tier as the premium ship in a conventional way, something like that. ESPECIALLY in a cv, which is the most skilldepending ship type... :^)

any thoughts? i mean wargaming isnt gonna listen to this because PROFIT, but atleast hypothetically...

also mods if you take this down because something is inappropriate (in your opinion), atleast think about it in a non-biased way before doing so
cvbot.3.thumb.png.9343f859219aacc27549a52f75b1b708.pngshame.thumb.PNG.e53e782a62e0e6e45451ef070dd7b22b.PNG

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,410 battles

This idea is nothing new and it sure won't be the last time we see a post like this, but as much as I want to see players like this restricted to Coop, Wargaming won't let that source of income run dry.

Players
2 posts
2,533 battles

hmm i never thought about a restriction to coop but its a great idea
also thanks for the good game a few days ago (i think it was midway vs midway) wish i had the requirements to catch your exitstrafe with my own strafe that good o7

Players
1,735 posts
4,447 battles

Not the first time we've seen a thread such as this.

My opinion is basically unchanged from what it was before:

Basically, do the same thing that is done with the USS Texas that you get for playing the game after using a friend's friend code. If you aren't already aware, if you get a friend to play the game through your referral code, you both get the T5 Texas, but only after your friend plays a random battle in a tech tree T6 ship.

Now, waiting until the player plays a battle in a T9 in order to play a T8 premium is a little extreme (given how long it takes to grind to T9 from T8), but this design isn't a bad one if you restrict it to same-tier ships.

At least, that's my opinion.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,534 battles
9 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

This idea is nothing new and it sure won't be the last time we see a post like this, but as much as I want to see players like this restricted to Coop, Wargaming won't let that source of income run dry.

What I don't understand about that rationale is that WG could just as well target those new(-er) players with premium time.

I mean if WG were to gate premium ships from new players until let's say they the unlocked a ship of equal class and equal tier (want to buy a premium tier VIII BB, gotta grind up to a regular tier VIII BB first), then obviously they could specifically market premium time to new players to speed up that grind.

Plus imo having players grow accoustomed to premium time is probably the more stable income source for WG anyway because not every player likes the same sort of premium ships, but if they habitually purchase premium time, that's an easy sale.

The infrastructure is there with the personalized ingame offers.

And in the long run it's arguably better for player retention too. Regular players are less likely to encounter wallet newbies who buy a hightier premium without having a clue on how to play them (less frustration) and the people who buy the premium ships will at least have some sort of understanding of what they're getting into (less likely to be dissatisfied with a purchase).