Mad_Jack_The_Pirate

Server Down

63 comments in this topic

Players
50 posts
2,981 battles

Hi :cap_look:the game server is down right now. I was trying to complete christmas missions. There is still time like 4 5 hours but when will the server back again ? I don't know if I will be awake or not if server becomes online like 2 hours later or longer ?

[B0TS]
Players
19 posts
8,961 battles

World of Warships - scheduled maintenance

Greetings Captains!

On the 18/01/2018 at 02:00 UTC, the World of Warships Game server will be unavailable for approximately 240 minutes as we perform maintenance work.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Action Stations!

Your Customer Service Team

Players
1 post
4,768 battles

i would of thought the maintenance would of been done at the same time at the new patch which is advertised to be at 0600 cet today.  (2.5 hours from now) the christmas missions will they be extended since there was afew hours left for players to complete them????

I was about to complete mission 4 of the new year raid which gives me a free ship. now with this maintenance i will not have the time to finish it.

[-MMC-]
[-MMC-]
Beta Tester
15 posts
10,454 battles

i was doing the final mission, and at the end of the battle, the game crashed, i had 4 hours left to finish the mission, and was half way through it, now the post above, says the servers are down for 240mins.. the  last update said t would be down later not now.. .. so i dont know if i finished the mission, or how long i have left.. Thank You War gaming for NOTHING.. so after all the graft i did, I Miss out on Finishing an Lose the chance to get the Duke of York.. is this how you repay your long standing players.....

[-CIA-]
Players
50 posts
8,968 battles

I was about to complete the campaign as well, now with servers down for 4 hours I probably won't be completing it. THANKYOU so much WarGaming

Players
12 posts
2,718 battles

Omg, really? i was playing forthe last task i was with tirpitz, destroyed 2 ship ( a cv and a cruiser) , did near 100k damage so for sure i got more than 1000 base xp, and when the game finished i got kicked fron the server and couldnt take my last reward for my scharnhorst. So i lost my reward or what is this crap?

Players
50 posts
2,981 battles

Hey same situation was on the last mission to take Duke of York  :( I was planning to finish it earlier and move to other missions but the torpedo missions took my all day :Smile_facepalm: I didn't sleep all night just to complete the missions. The maintaince will take 4 hours so I guess I will be sleeping even if I don't want to :cap_wander: 

Wargaming / Admins Can you extent the mission time like 24 hours please ?

Btw Thanks for the info miScx :Smile_honoring:

[HNFC]
Players
91 posts
8,813 battles

I've been playing the game since summer, but this is the first instance when I decided to finally post here. 

I would have LITERALLY just needed the port to load - and the Pan Asia t6 destroyer would have also been welcomed to my fleet. Finally managed to complete the 150k damage into dd's with dd's. 

Now, I know getting to t6 isn't such a misery. And as I do not have Scharnhorst, that camo is not too necessary either. But of course, they would come in handy...and the extra 3 reward boxes would be a great aid in this last-minute-crazy-rush for the Missouri. 

I am murmuring a very feeble prayer that the Wargaming guys in charge of WoWS have NOTHING in common with Perscha Studios, who ran World of Warplanes. In January, 2015 or 16 (can't remember), this is EXACTLY how they ended the Christmas event. "You have a few more hours to complete the mission? WHO CARES! BOOOM, server down! And so are all the things you could have spent your tokens on, but hey, don't worry-you can exchange them for 3x the price - cool, huh? Clear skies, Pilots!". We begged, offered suggestions, even shared furious thoughts when all else failed - to no avail. Well, look where Warplanes is now? Dead. Nearly extinct. Unplayable, unwanted, deserted, and left behind by all sane players and developers alike. That was one of the strongest indicators that Perscha Studios did not care about their players. "They can say what they want...they will stay. They love this game, and we can do whatever we want to them because of this. We are the Devs.". Well, I guess they were wrong. 

I sincerely hope that in this case, Warships is not being infected by the shadows of the past - a slowly, but steadily starting decline. Due to the sole reason of an otherwise superb game being exposed to the hands of lackluster public relations between players and the company. I pray that this is not an indicator of what is to come. I most earnestly hope we will recieve the 4 extra hours which rightfully still belong to us. In one way or the other. 

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,745 battles
Vor 38 Minuten, DREV1L sagte:

I was about to complete mission 4 of the new year raid which gives me a free ship. now with this maintenance i will not have the time to finish it.

Vor 35 Minuten, RIBY74 sagte:

the final mission

Vor 34 Minuten, Odo_Toothless sagte:

It is ridiculous. Any server maintanence/patch should be done after how important events ends ....

Vor 26 Minuten, ReaperDemon sagte:

last task

Vor 21 Minuten, Mad_Jack_The_Pirate sagte:

Wargaming / Admins Can you extent the mission time like 24 hours please ?

Vor 15 Minuten, NicramDuel sagte:

I would have LITERALLY just needed the port to load - and the Pan Asia t6 destroyer would have also been welcomed to my fleet. Finally managed to complete the 150k damage into dd's with dd's. 

The mission time was already extended by two days, so you have enough time to finish it after the patch.

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
2,718 battles

NP i invested on this game more than 800euros but if they do this crap for sure im not going to put more money on it. And yes they extended the time ok but it was because there was a bug

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,224 posts
14,454 battles

Last time there were such complaints WG essentially said that server maintenance times are fixed. They will not change regardless of whether there is a campaign running or not.

And no, you won't be compensated. Don't even try to ask.

Besides, there was plenty of time to get at the very least the DoY.

• Cool 1

Players
3,283 posts
16,905 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The mission time was already extended by two days, so you have enough time to finish it after the patch

I already did the mission some time ago. Extended or not, it's silly to cut off time of any event. What is a problem to shut down/patch a server after it ends ? Probably there is not.

And you know what ? The same post made by me in other national forum will bring me applause, but certainly not in English one. Between rule obeying westerners in "free world" and some others people for sure there is a huge gap in free thinking/speach and approach to human beeings/customers.

edit. The mission should ends at 6.00 of 20 th.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,605 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, ReaperDemon sagte:

And yes they extended the time ok but it was because there was a bug

but this bug didn't affect the EU server at all because it was found BEFORE the campaign began here...so there was in fact NO reason for those two extra days on the EU server...

Vor 27 Minuten, Odo_Toothless sagte:

What is a problem to shut down/patch a server after it ends ?

:Smile_facepalm:

Vor 27 Minuten, Odo_Toothless sagte:

The same post made by me in other national forum will bring me applause, but certainly not in English one.

that is  a sad commentary for this 'other national forum'...

[HNFC]
Players
91 posts
8,813 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The mission time was already extended by two days, so you have enough time to finish it after the patch.

True. And Wrong. 

As long as it has a countdown timer saying "X hours", well, for the 99.5% of the playerbase who never even realize there's this forum (or just try to avoid it), that is the guideline - and they...we... expect no technical or other issues to interfere with it. 

However, as being both a WarGaming veteran (with a few years of WoWP experience), and understanding the grave difficulties of adjusting the event countdown timer to when it will no longer be accessible a few days in advance, I actually don't care. Got the DoY, got a few so-far-unstarted techtree's up and running, and got a myraid of chests along with it. The last 3 chests I can part with, the Pan Asian destroyer will eventually sail in, and with such customer nonfocusedness, I will quite probably not invest in Scharnhorst anyways, just for it to reach the same fate in a few years as have my fleet of premium planes on WoWP. 

I just wish someone...anyone with an actual voice in the company regarding to how things should be going would eventually pull his or her head out of...I mean, realize that stabilizing the morale of the current playerbase is just as important as advertizing. This new recruit-a-friend competition is nice and all, but with even less effort, a kick in the trousers for quite a few active players could have been spared with a single adjustment of the clock. 

Anyways, at least, we all got more than nothing from the event(s), at least those of us posting/reading here, so we got that going for us! Congrats to us! :) 

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
463 posts
16,055 battles
1 hour ago, ReaperDemon said:

NP i invested on this game more than 800euros

You said that to show us that u`re rich?

[HEROZ]
Players
723 posts
6,389 battles

I love how some people start the post with "Me paid XXX so far. Me important". Yeah, i am sure that WG when saw your post have put all their company cars for sale. Well guys it was fun but thats it. With that kind of benefactor gone i am sure that WG will go belly up tommorow.

• Cool 2

Players
12 posts
2,718 battles
32 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

I love how some people start the post with "Me paid XXX so far. Me important". Yeah, i am sure that WG when saw your post have put all their company cars for sale. Well guys it was fun but thats it. With that kind of benefactor gone i am sure that WG will go belly up tommorow.

One like me does nothing, but if they start to lose the people who pays, bye bye all. i said that i have no problem with it, i will continue playing, but im not going to invest more money in a game that says, you got x hours remaining to finish the task, and then i dont have that time. I have money not time :Smile_sad:

Weekend Tester
463 posts
16,055 battles
31 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

I love how some people start the post with "Me paid XXX so far. Me important".

Well, showing us that he "invested" 800 euros in a game, is very important!

He must learn some terms, those money are not "invested" :)

• Funny 1

[1701]
[1701]
Players
460 posts
8,421 battles

Yet it says on the main page its up & theres 50 people playing?!?

:cap_haloween:

Untitled.png