You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

HSF Harekaze camo price

49 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,874 posts
10,750 battles

Do you think these camo bonuses are appropriate for 4.000 doubloons ?

You pay almost half the ships price again, and even miss out on your FreeXP bonus... 

hsf_ripoff.jpg

@MrConway

Edit:

Lets see if we will be able to earn this from the upcoming collection. 

4k is still quite high for the bonus trade-off...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NED]
Players
4,347 posts
11,978 battles

As a matter of fact I do. It's either a choice of grinding commander xp or free xp. The combat bonuses are the same. Also the credit savings. Your choice to pay the doubloons or not. And AFAIK: the "normal xp" bonus is going to the commander (pool) as well.

Beta Tester
2,874 posts
10,750 battles
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

As a matter of fact I do. It's either a choice of grinding commander xp or free xp. The combat bonuses are the same. Also the credit savings. Your choice to pay the doubloons or not. And AFAIK: the "normal xp" bonus is going to the commander (pool) as well.

It is almost half the ships price, which you had paid already.

And you pay that, to even miss out on your FreeXP bonus. 

Weekend Tester
770 posts
3,820 battles

If you like the look of it, get it. If you're considering permanent camo then it goes without saying it's a ship you plan on playing quite a lot, so I'd say base the decision primarily on aesthetics and how much you like the camo rather than the bonuses.

• Cool 1

Players
4,370 posts
7,968 battles
2 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It is almost half the ships price, which you had paid already.

And you pay that, to even miss out on your FreeXP bonus. 

But .... you dont have to buy it? Its not like you are missing anything... I dont understand whats wrong with it, really.

But yea, I have an idea for you. Maybe you can suggest, that you could select a camo, that you like from the look and then add the modifiers you like. Each modifier is 1000 Dubloons and price doubles with each modifier.

-3% detectability - 1000 d

add +4 dispersion - 2000 d

add +100% XP - 4000 d

add +50% free XP - 8000 d

add +50% Commander XP 16000 d

Then you can build your perfect camo and it would even look the way you like it.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,238 battles
22 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I dont understand whats wrong with it, really.

We'are wondering where is the coherence of the product.

Small bonus for small money => Ok.

Big bonus for big money => Ok.

Small bonus for big money Not Ok !

Where coherence would offer a win-win situation. It's just wondering, maybe someone somewhere missed a thing. We suspect since long time that Marketing department doesn't know how their own game looks like.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I wouldn't buy that extra camo even though I'm exploiting the power of the 4-10 Hull right now... 4k is a hell of a lot of money for what's already a good captain trainer. If someone desperately needs captain training then flags do the job just as well and they can be farmed.

Besides, I rock out in the "historic" camo.

shot-18.01.18_00.28.26-0261.jpg

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

The camo seems quite underwhelming, at best on the level of the original one... in the end it's a way to farm money from people who want to partake in the joy of poking people's eyes out with orange cat camo. And, I must say, 4k Doublons seems a bit steep for what's essentialy just a vanity item and nothing more. Maybe there will be a way to get the camo through collection or something? 4k doublons being just the price for "I have a well-paid job and like 30 minutes of free time a day" (or "screw it I have my dad's credit card", of course) types of players - you know them, the kind that buys Halloween pumpkins in bulk to get all the special camos, despite already owning premium camos for any of the affected ships they are ever planning to play.

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
153 posts
7,866 battles

Couldnt it be a reward for the HSF collection? We will see later when the server is up, announcement should come today too about the collection.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
8,132 battles

Crap there is a pricetag on it already? And 4k Dubloons? Oh boy. :Smile_sad:

I really hope we can grind it via collection and/or some mission because i REALLY want that camo (it is cute af and will give you diabetes from just looking at it for too long).

Darn if they don't go for the earnable aproach i might have to spend 4k Dubloons..... :cap_money::etc_red_button::Smile_sceptic:

P.S.

Btw +50% captain xp is actually better then +100% free xp bonus if you think about it, because free xp is only 5% of the total xp but captain xp is calculated from all the xp you get AND stacks with the general 50% bonus more than free xp does. Also I don't think we need to argue about if free xp or free captain xp is more valuable...

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,664 posts
7,076 battles
58 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Btw +50% captain xp is actually better then +100% free xp bonus if you think about it, because free xp is only 5% of the total xp but captain xp is calculated from all the xp you get AND stacks with the general 50% bonus more than free xp does. Also I don't think we need to argue about if free xp or free captain xp is more valuable...

You think so ?

Stacking flags on Harekaze gives easily 8-10k freepex for the daily x1.5.

It's very useful when you want to get modules before playing a tier 9, or simply to stockpile FreeXP for Musashi or Missouri.

Also captain XP is less interesting when you starts having one or two 19-points captains.

[BYOB]
Players
3,727 posts
15,051 battles

Aaand just like that my wallet closed itself. I'm not paying 4k for a camo, no matter how much I want it.

15€ is just too much for a camo that offers average bonuses.

Players
7,328 posts
9,140 battles
10 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

You think so ?

It's very useful when you want to get modules before playing a tier 9, or simply to stockpile FreeXP for Musashi or Missouri.

Also captain XP is less interesting when you starts having one or two 19-points captains.

I'd say it gets more interesting, as you can farm captain exp for skill respecs or training new captains

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,052 posts
21,592 battles

Musashi prem, is 5K and all you get is 50% capt exp as bonus added to usual camo.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
8,132 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

You think so ?

Well for me certainly captain xp is more valuable as I almost never use free xp for shipresearch (only for the most annoying of the stock grinds) and already have Missouri and Nelson and not in THAT much of a hurry to get Musashi.

On the other Hand i retrain/respec captains regularly.

Also what stops you from using those flags signals anyways and get the awesome free xp and the captain xp. Renember those % bonuses don't stack perse they just add up, so you only miss out on extra 5% of the base xp as free xp.

Edit: to make it clearer if you get 1.000 base xp (for easy calculating purposes) the bonus from the original HSF camo would give you a bonus (not including the other bonuses) of 50 free xp (1000x5%).

The new camo would give you (again only counting the relevant bonus) 500 captain xp (1000x50%)

Which one is more valuable for you is the question. For me it is 500 capxp (free capxp with 19 point captain) > 50 free xp.

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

Looks like there are 6 stages in that collection so we might get free anime stuff .... we will soon find out. Otherwise I might buy some girl in the shop oops that will put me on FBI internet list now I think :Smile_trollface:

hare5a.png

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
8,132 battles
Just now, SteDorff said:

Looks like there are 6 stages in that collection so we might get free anime stuff .... we will soon find out the red grey stripe is my favourite still though. Otherwise I might buy some girl in the shop oops that will put me on FBI internet list now I think :Smile_trollface:

hare5a.png

Hold on they are actually selling captains now? :Smile_amazed:

Players
7,328 posts
9,140 battles
3 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Prinz Eugen has a similar camo available. How much is that? 

3k doubloons for

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +10% credits earned in the battle.
  • +50% experience earned in the battle.
  • +50% Commander experience earned in the battle.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
8,132 battles
6 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

Yes they are in the shop right now

And screwing over everyone like me that already have Akeno and Thea and leveled them rather high already. (Thea should be around 16 points now as she is my main KM cruiser captain)

So the bundle is out of question for me. Not even sure if I want to drop money on a picture you only see in port (and you can manualy mod in) and (most likely) a voiceover that somehow just gets available to everyone without mod just like the ARP voiceovers when ARP collab ended.... Not a smart move from WG, but hey if you don't know what to do with your money......

P.S.  Oh and some essential captains are missing like Shiretoko (the scared one on the rudder - I always renember that infamous scene in the anime with her furiously turning the wheel in Fear of an impact whenever i hard turn in my harekaze) And Isoroku of course to fit with the camo (the cat - you know the one you already could get on Asia server! :Smile-angry:)

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

As much as I love cats (my own is the greatest ball of fluff in the world :fish_cute_2:) I don't think I'll be putting doubloons into this camo...

shot-18.01.18_11.32.07-0241.jpg