16 comments in this topic

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles
Firstly the intro Im a spanish guy (and i already apologize for bad english) who loves the IJN BCs and 8 8 fleet plan So i wanted the Ashitaka and Kii  Sadly my wallet cant take them, at least for now I have done 3 topics regarding buffs and improvements to the Eugen and the Kii plus a cry post on the Ashitaka You can check them here if you dare reading in Spanish Sadly you will probably dont catch the jokes 

Eugen topic 

Kii 

Ashitaka 

Now the problem As i said, i want to make a full tree of IJN BB and BC starting in the Kawa and then from tier 4 upwards the line will be splitted 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10SkC-pjMCGE2Xta92yDBOqQoOwkjuwr0z2puWwACDPc

I hope the link works 

I will use Fuso preliminar for the “Fuso prot” spot Yamashiro 39 is a placeholder, same as Hiei 42 The Owari is used cause Kii is premium The Yamato prot aka Izumo could be changed thus i prefer to say that rather than the ingame one 

Finally i want to say than this is difficult and a bit time limited cause my real life status (university problems) I really hope you all who read this have a nice day and if some of you who have the ships i ask, i would like you to help me 

Again, sry for bad english 

• Cool 4

Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles

In case the link stops working in the future, these are the ships of both lines (I skipped the premiums as WG decided to remove many of them and this adds to the confusion. So I left these out for now).

3.Kawachi
4.Fuso Prot
5.Yamashiro
6.Fuso 44
7.Nagato
8.Tosa 44
9.Yamato prot
10.Yamato

4.Myogi
5.Hiei 42
6.Kongo 44
7.Amagi 25
8.Amagi 44
9.Owari
10.#13

First of all, I like these lists! :Smile_great:

I'm not sure what the Fuso prot is and maybe why the Yamashiro is between the Fuso prot and the Fuso.

I would however prefer to not use any older-newer versions of the same ship at all, but that's just me maybe. Perhaps there are some better designs. The Japanese did have an Alaska killer at one time, I'd like to see that one in this list as well. I like that you included #13 :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles

Thks very much for this @NothingButTheRain :Smile_honoring:

I put  the Fuso prot because i found that there are some proposals that look like the wyoming The Yamashiro is there cause i think that the use of more than 2 paperships could make some1 mad That is why i want the prototype for tier 4, the prewar Fuso class Yamashiro and the top 1944 Fuso instead of paper paper Fuso Hope is clear enough 

Regarding the B65 class i would love to see her ingame as a tier 7 mega CA with heals Like a Shanhorst but trades armor for bigger guns and maybe a buffed AA and torps But considering the Stalingrad is at tier X i highly, to our sadness, suspect she will be there too 

Also you can see the Amagi is listed twice one at tier 7 and the tier 8 The numbers i use (like 44, 39 and such) are years Taking the Amagi example, in tier 7 would be the ship as built around 1925 plus fictional modernization Kinda like Mutsu one The 44 version is the one ingame today 

PD I would need names for the ships I think we could find some mountains and volcanos for the BCs and some old region names for BBs Hope they are good enough 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,105 battles

If you have this book from Kojinsha

https://hlj.com/product/KJS81504

(I have it but will not post anything here), you have several plans of ships with 6x2 16inch BC versions of type 13 going 35 kts 6-18 inch, BB/BC with 1x2, 3x4, 4x4 16-inch, superfine plans in 1:700 + colourplates, Earlier the Hiraga archive was accessible on a Japanese website and I made many prints of scetches etc randomly searched, He had many scetches of Nagato (Kongo variants as a BC) with 8-16 and say 30 kts speed etc so he was prolific, many of these were scetches only. Sadly I do not speak Japanese so I can only guess what a speaker of Japanese can find in these sources and others. 

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles

I dont have that book and cant speak japanese so i think i will use the topics in this forum as well as shipbucket Althought than lacks most information like the armor and such 

If only great people like @Tzoli (yeah shameful mention :cap_haloween:) or @1MajorKoenig which seem to have the Ashitaka or anyone who has a Kii and such it would be great 

For now i have exams but asap i will try to post something more 

[DREAD]
Players
5,827 posts
5,248 battles
9 hours ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

I dont have that book and cant speak japanese so i think i will use the topics in this forum as well as shipbucket Althought than lacks most information like the armor and such 

If only great people like @Tzoli (yeah shameful mention :cap_haloween:) or @1MajorKoenig which seem to have the Ashitaka or anyone who has a Kii and such it would be great 

For now i have exams but asap i will try to post something more 

Thanks for calling me “great” mate :-)

Personally I love the idea of using the same class on two tiers simply for the fact that these ships changed so extensively during their refits that they became essentially different animals - more so in gameplay terms (armor, weapons, speed and appearance - all that changes completely). Especially the earlier versions are not much recognized and appreciated by the game. I own Kii, Ashitaka and Mutsu and absolutely love all three.

I know however that a lot of players would prefer any kind of paper studies over the actual ships - and there are plenty between Nagato and Yamato. Some of them extremely weird looking but easily enough to fill two full lines. Only at low tiers you would struggle as most of the designs are 1920+.

But coming back to your proposal, I love it. Not 100% sure if there are enough differences between a 1942 Kongo and a 1944 apart from AA to justify a tier difference but that is details. The overall concept of having ships represented on different tiers in (totally) different configurations is great (though I doubt WG and some fellow players fully appreciate the beauty of it).

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles
15 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Thanks for calling me “great” mate :-)

Personally I love the idea of using the same class on two tiers simply for the fact that these ships changed so extensively during their refits that they became essentially different animals - more so in gameplay terms (armor, weapons, speed and appearance - all that changes completely). Especially the earlier versions are not much recognized and appreciated by the game. I own Kii, Ashitaka and Mutsu and absolutely love all three.

I know however that a lot of players would prefer any kind of paper studies over the actual ships - and there are plenty between Nagato and Yamato. Some of them extremely weird looking but easily enough to fill two full lines. Only at low tiers you would struggle as most of the designs are 1920+.

But coming back to your proposal, I love it. Not 100% sure if there are enough differences between a 1942 Kongo and a 1944 apart from AA to justify a tier difference but that is details. The overall concept of having ships represented on different tiers in (totally) different configurations is great (though I doubt WG and some fellow players fully appreciate the beauty of it).

To be fair, i loved when you did the german tree because im more Wheraboo than weebo But as a fan of BC class i would love to see the IJN ones

As soon as i can i will post here the first of the Fuso prot proposals

[GURKA]
Players
2,353 posts
6,763 battles

I see no Ise-class :P

The problem with that idea is, so many sister ships. I wouldn't like to play every two tiers the "same" ship. I mean there are already many sister ships in this game, but adding even more sister ships and prots, I don't know, sounds boring ^^

I played Steel ocean and they had ships like Prototype Kongo and Kongo, I didn't liked that. Just my opinion

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles
On 20/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

I see no Ise-class :P

The problem with that idea is, so many sister ships. I wouldn't like to play every two tiers the "same" ship. I mean there are already many sister ships in this game, but adding even more sister ships and prots, I don't know, sounds boring ^^

I played Steel ocean and they had ships like Prototype Kongo and Kongo, I didn't liked that. Just my opinion

Opinions are always appreciated 

I left the Ise class out mainly because the layout and secondaries are the most obvious diferences plus a little bit more speed 

The problem with the prototype versions is that i dont find something, paper or real, to fill the holes I need more info and designs 

Also i think i found a good ship for the tier 4-5 spot The design A55 

0AC0DAB7-681F-410D-81FC-5D550D0FB8C4.png.89147881dc211bedb6258719e0cacab6.png

6x2 305mm 23 kts and a 305mm belt I think of a Wyoming IJN version with inferior armor compared to Kaiser The guns should have the 30segs of old Ishizuchi and decent range, maybe 15km stock 16 max The Myogui would still have better range cause it has less armor and guns The upgrades would be a few 12,7mm quads (the ones that had Myogui) plus 4 120mm DP abreast the bow and aft superestructure Those would not be modified much, they would look like Fuso 1925 1151524A-9B75-4653-A69F-18AB86C2D812.thumb.png.44c0ea635351af1bfbc409230e7721ef.png

I chose this design over a very similar to the Ise and Wyo (with the midship turrets arranged closer togheter) cause it needs more broadside to shot the number 3 turret  to the aft (dont know the british way very much, i mean the 1st midship turret from the bow ) 

As for the Myogui, it would stay the same except from that she will get the improved type 91 AP 

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles

Hate to do a doble post but otherwise most people would not read the edit I apologize for this but im in a hurry more or lees I hope the moderators dont get mad on me for this 

I need information regarding the guns on the Ishizuchi and im afraid that the wiki and gameplays are not enough I need people who had the ship for long and why they like/hate her I know 2 guys at my community but i need more Im in need of hard stats like sigma but also feelings about her AP HE and such I need them bad I know most people dont like her very much but i really need help cause dont own the ship Ironic uh? 

Finally want to say that i will start the topic about the tree in the spanish forum as soon as i can Later i will update it here A big thank you to people like @1MajorKoenig @NothingButTheRain Hope to see you soon 

And also to @Tzoli for the post about Fuso prototypes I really needed that for this project 

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,827 posts
5,248 battles
2 hours ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Hate to do a doble post but otherwise most people would not read the edit I apologize for this but im in a hurry more or lees I hope the moderators dont get mad on me for this 

I need information regarding the guns on the Ishizuchi and im afraid that the wiki and gameplays are not enough I need people who had the ship for long and why they like/hate her I know 2 guys at my community but i need more Im in need of hard stats like sigma but also feelings about her AP HE and such I need them bad I know most people dont like her very much but i really need help cause dont own the ship Ironic uh? 

Finally want to say that i will start the topic about the tree in the spanish forum as soon as i can Later i will update it here A big thank you to people like @1MajorKoenig @NothingButTheRain Hope to see you soon 

And also to @Tzoli for the post about Fuso prototypes I really needed that for this project 

Keep up the good work mate - I like your tree!

The 6x2 30.5cm Fuso preliminary in a 1920s outfit would be nice for T5 I guess. 

Ishizuchi’s gun’s aren’t bad actually (I think they are supposed to be HMS Dreadnought’s guns). The “new” short reload would be over the top in a 6x2 T5 ship so I would go with the 30sec. The HE is excellent and the AP is better than it’s reputation. However it would need some testing whether the AP shells still cut it against T7s - that might bean issue. Not sure if there are any more modern AP shells do that gun tbh?

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles

Thks for you support @1MajorKoenig I really needed that For now i dont have the Ishi myself but when i finish i would ask my clan leader for a....KMS/HSF Spee I want a Panzershiffe :cap_haloween: Im more of a Wheraboo than a weeb :Smile_teethhappy:

Talking about the tree, the A55 design aka the 305mm 6x2 is actually the tier 4 Later at tier 5 I will try to fit the Yamashiro or the A57 And a little thing you might like I decided to give, to the designs that needed it, a NAME!! I chose them according to the tradition aka regions/provinces for battleships and mountains and volcanos for BCs As for the tier 4 design A55, i chose Harima The tier 5, if Yamashiro doesnt fit, would be Iwami The tier 7 “Amagi class” from 1925 to 1942 would be the Unzen and the fast BB number 13 class i chose Mikawa Later i will edit this to update the list @NothingButTheRain kindly uploaded here Thks very much you too!! 

Hope you all  like it 

Edit I upload here the list I made F stands for Fast I don’t know how is the good designation for a fast Battleship

Kawachi Tier 3 BB Dreadnought 

Harima Tier 4 BB Dreadnought 

Myogi Tier 4 BC 

Hiei Tier 5 BC/BB  F

Yamashiro/Iwami Tier 5 BB superDreadnought

Fuso Tier 6 BB superDreadnought

Kongo Tier 6 BC/BB F

Nagato Tier 7 BB superDreadnought

Unzen Tier 7 BC/BB F

Tosa Tier 8 BB superDreadnought

Amagi Tier 8 BC/BB F

Izumo Tier 9 BB superDreadnought

Owari Tier 9 BB F

Yamato Tier 10 BB superDreadnought

Mikawa Tier 10 BB 

Edited by FrankvC_Jr
I added the list with tiers and ships
  • Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,827 posts
5,248 battles

Nice :-)

Can you maybe indicate what outfit you are looking for? I guess Hiei at T5 is probably an early config? Same for Yamashiro? And is Harima the 6x2 30cm Dreadnought? And in what configuration / year? 

Owari at T9 might be an issue as her sister is already a T8 prem.

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles
16 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Nice :-)

Can you maybe indicate what outfit you are looking for? I guess Hiei at T5 is probably an early config? Same for Yamashiro? And is Harima the 6x2 30cm Dreadnought? And in what configuration / year? 

Owari at T9 might be an issue as her sister is already a T8 prem.

Hi there 

The Hiei is currently ingame Yeah quite unexpected. Our loved Bongo Kongo is her sister in 1942 before her loss (the pagoda is more like the Yamato one) That is why i use her and later put Kongo (1944) at tier 6 with more AA and reinforced rudder and steering gears The Hiei was lost because of critical damage on the steering room. The tier 5 of the BCs would be the same as now althought with a bit less HP

The Harima, as being a Fuso prototype, would get a fictional upgrade to match the Myogi one She would be in the 20s, using 120mm DP and 12,7 quads Her line, slow BB, would be focused on short range whereas the BC line will have decent and good long AA bubble 

The Yamashiro is too strong, so i will need to use the Iwami aka the IJN NY/Texas It would get a 1930s modernizarion, 127/5inch DP and triple 25 mounts Again focusing the short range aura 

And about Owari, is not a big problem. Change the sigma to 1.9, reload of 28 seconds base, a quad launcher with better torps and stronger turtleback A handsome ship i would love to play 

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles

Helio again fellow readers and sorry for the x2 post but if i edit it still says that nothing was written. Sorry about that.

I need, again, help in order to do the tree. Recently in the topic im doing in the spanish forum, i have found that using the Hiei and then Kongo can be tricky and maybe pointless. So i need to fill a gap at tier 6 and dont know how. A paper must be used but i dont know many. Recently i found a 1916 BC design that looks like a Nagato. I also found a what if modernization made by Tzoli but i think is just too much. So if any of whoever reads this, i would be very thankful if he/she PM me. We dont want spoilers.

Thks all very much and i hope i will update this thread asap.

Edit: I recently talked to Tzoli by Deviant Art; he is really helping me out of this mess. We are still discussing about the Tsurugi (the tier 6 BC/fast BB placeholder) and seems is going to last a bit. 

So for now I can’t update this as fast as I would like. Also, although I did the tiers from 4 to 7 in the slow BB and from tier 4 to 6 in the BC (without the Tsurugi at tier 6 for now), I need to translate them and then I might be able to post them here. I’m also waiting for a possible number of drawings regarding the Harima, Iwami and more fictional ships; hope the waiting doesn’t last long, this is not GoT. 

I hope to to post something this week but I highly doubt it. The real life is quite a challenge.

Edited by FrankvC_Jr
A brief message

[NKK2]
Players
1,051 posts
3,476 battles

Just a quick note:

Unfortunately for me and the Spanish community, our forum and other things like news, Facebook and such, are being closed. Apparently is because our number of players in our country doesn’t go up. Although most people blame, with a good number of reasons, the lack of staff doing their job promoting prizes, challenges and such, this is not a rant. They will have a hard time now but let me say this, at least for me. I will continue posting here (I can even improve my English lol) and try keep this thread updated and maybe do more of them.

So regarding this topic, I contacted Tzoli on DV and he really really helped me out. For now we have finally chosen the ships and I believe he is drawing them. So yeah you will have this tree but currently I prefer trying to finish the thread on the Spanish forum. Later I will update it here cause, to be fair, I only speak English (will try german someday maybe) and even that is a difficult task.

Thks all for your patience and time. I hope I see you all soon :Smile_honoring: