You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Apparently the "new" v0.7.0 "Training Room" will not have operational BOTs (moving/firing)!

25 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

Apparently the "new" v0.7.0 "Training Room" will not have operational BOTs (moving/firing)!

IMHO this is a big shame because current "unofficial" implementation of "Training Room" has it all... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

[AAO]
Players
1,804 posts
9,595 battles

Useless unoperational bots?

Must be an attempt to simulate randoms as well as possible.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[CATS]
Players
15,865 posts
11,167 battles
26 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

IMHO this is a big shame because current "unofficial" implementation of "Training Room" has it all... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

Why do you think that?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

HI all,

16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Why do you think that?

Thread from Reddit:

Leo "Apollo11"

[PUPSI]
Players
6,578 posts
Vor 21 Minuten, Leo_Apollo11 sagte:

Thread from Reddit:

why Reddit when you can read the patch notes?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

why Reddit when you can read the patch notes?

Because in Reddit thread WG staff explained their thinking behind that decision... :Smile_bajan2:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles

What I don't get is...

> Max. 3 carriers, because our glorious engine can't handle more

> Only passive bots allowed

Apparently, 4 passive CVs are too much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Okay, I realized, that PvP is also an option in the mode, that explains half of it.

[HOO]
Players
1,217 posts
2,529 battles

Bet the restriction is down to performance.

A training room with lots of bots would take up more server resources.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,034 posts
7,407 battles

Great, with these limitations I think the current hidden training room is just better. You want to give as much freedom as possible for training, not limit it. Though I still miss the times when we had an option for 60 minute match in training room.

[BYOB]
Players
3,380 posts
11,982 battles
1 minute ago, WolfGewehr said:

Great, with these limitations I think the current hidden training room is just better. You want to give as much freedom as possible for training, not limit it. Though I still miss the times when we had an option for 60 minute match in training room.

Agreed. The problem is WG devs have certain ideas about the training room that just don't mesh with what we want.

I have hoped to improve my gameplay with this mode, but passive bots are just useless for that.

[HOME]
2,034 posts
7,407 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Agreed. The problem is WG devs have certain ideas about the training room that just don't mesh with what we want.

I have hoped to improve my gameplay with this mode, but passive bots are just useless for that.

Overall I'm sceptical how this training room would improve the skills of the mass hordes, or how this benefits the playerbase in the end? The current T-Room is more flexible, thus better for training, and those who want to learn have found it already. With this patch T-Room will be easier to access for majority, but are they still interested in learning? Will it make them to want to train themselves more?

Maybe the fact that now everyone can find a pop up telling that there is a T-Room avaible, will make more people to try it. My point just is that if one wanted to learn, he has already found the current T-Room, thus adding this worse T-Room for masses won't change much imho.

[BYOB]
Players
3,380 posts
11,982 battles
13 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Overall I'm sceptical how this training room would improve the skills of the mass hordes, or how this benefits the playerbase in the end? The current T-Room is more flexible, thus better for training, and those who want to learn have found it already. With this patch T-Room will be easier to access for majority, but are they still interested in learning? Will it make them to want to train themselves more?

Maybe the fact that now everyone can find a pop up telling that there is a T-Room avaible, will make more people to try it. My point just is that if one wanted to learn, he has already found the current T-Room, thus adding this worse T-Room for masses won't change much imho.

I must disagree. I have several clanmates that had asked about getting some help in mastering the game. Telling them to install a mod to train is counterproductive, as not everyone wants to install mods.

And then there's my own problem with the mod, it never worked correctly on my machine. I tried it several times and gave up.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
2,034 posts
7,407 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

I must disagree. I have several clanmates that had asked about getting some help in mastering the game. Telling them to install a mod to train is counterproductive.

And then there's my own problem with the mod, it never worked correctly on my machine. I tried it several times and gave up.

I can see your point, but to activate the current T-Room, you don't need any mods, just change the line

<disableTrainingRoom>true</disableTrainingRoom>

into

<disableTrainingRoom>false</disableTrainingRoom>

in Gamefolder/res/scripts_config (open with notepad)

With instructions above it has always worked for me.

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,322 battles
4 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Best reply so far. 2771161-goldstar.gif

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,180 posts
9,367 battles
4 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

But they won't run away/hide...

Freaking unrealistic training-room bs!

• Funny 1

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles
10 minutes ago, iJoby said:

(...)

F***in' 'ell. That star made me lol for some reason.

But yes, it's classic WG at work. Have some reasonable, solid idea. ...then screw it up for no apparent reason.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles

I'm happy they are putting training room into the game. Should help people understand the game better. Can't fault them for that. I've been too lazy to dig it out myself.. So.. gj wg..

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles

This is clearly because bots are too smart and powerful for the average player to beat, as demonstrated by some players who have visited the forum recently.

• Funny 1

Players
1,206 posts
7,639 battles

The bots are too good. Didn't they have to get rid of Bastion mode because the Forts kept making all the xperts explode and feel cross about everything? 

Players
94 posts
678 battles
12 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

There is a useful point in the "if someone wants to learn, they've already found it", but just because someone wants to learn, does not mean they will find it.

Inactive bots are fine by me, since right now, I'm wanting to learn what to hit, which I can incorporate when trying to aim and lead, and work our what needs to be struck for a decent penetration.

I don't know if it's because I'm still on the Brit Tier V BBs and I don't have 15 inch guns yet, but I've never once been able to citadel another BB, even broadside on.

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
15 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Bet the restriction is down to performance.

A training room with lots of bots would take up more server resources.

This. The current situation is "oh, I'd like to play against bots in a training room!"

"Great, all you need to do is modify this script file by adding these lines to the ..." 

"Wait, do what with the where now?"

When the option is available in game, there's going to be an awful lot more people starting training rooms, not least to record their own youtube videos of them running various gauntlets. Capping the number of assets that can be spawned in a single room is a sensible strategy until real-time metrics are available and more accurate limitations can be applied.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

Another thread about this on Reddit:

by "Radar_X" of WG

Bots cannot be enabled in the Training Room by design. We do understand folks are requesting this feature but it's not being added at this time. We are encouraging folks to use Co-Op for bot battles.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,395 posts
7,851 battles

Well you can still train with friends that move their targetships around.....

WG has a point there that active Bots would just be coop and enabling that for TR will make Coop pointless except for getting rewarded xp and credits for it.

You are only screwed if you want to train alone....

Also will the old hidden trainingroom stop to work now? Must be right?

[DC-DK]
Players
2,378 posts
24,345 battles

This is just plain stupid.... Old training was so much better. Where should a bad CV player like me go to learn to multitask 5-6 squadrons without being a liability to my team????

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles

When it was just "some hidden mod", WG didn't care. When including "Training battle" as a normal "public" game type, they don't want to allow us to have fun battles without using any consumables or credit cost. Significant part of player base needs to somehow pay for credits - either buying premium ships, premium account or just going to the shop for hefty crate with 30M credits. 

So far "Training room" has many advantages over a random battle. You can select your teammates, have private games on chosen map vs chosen ships, you can select game type, game time. It could become quite popular.

Disabling bot AI is the simplest, zero-cost WG reaction to the "problem".