MrConway

Update 0.7.0 Feedback

74 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback you have regarding update 0.7.0 here.

You will find the patch announcement and patchnotes on our portal here as usual.

Should your feedback concern one of the following features or issues, please leave it in the linked threads:

• Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts

Did the North Cape and Raid mission get extended?

I swear it said 10 hours left last night.

Or did I have 1 beer to many?

[HELIX]
[HELIX]
Players
24 posts
9,371 battles

My feedback: I cannot give one since the HSF Collection article on the website is not online right now (10:33 a.m. German time).

It would be nice to have it, since I have a ton of questions about it.

some feedback about Roma: damn nice to see that the Kobayashi Camo -Package is not a 100 € package.

[TPB]
Players
296 posts
4,283 battles

How to change this idiotic new camera to old one? Seriously you need to give us 100x zoom EVERY time when we change the ship?

New camera is terrible.

shot-18.01.18_10.34.34-0353.jpg

shot-18.01.18_10.44.50-0364.jpg

shot-18.01.18_10.44.54-0892.jpg

shot-18.01.18_10.45.00-0786.jpg

• Cool 1

[CR-S]
Players
369 posts
19,021 battles

Played two matches so far, got kicked from server twice. Hmm...

Nope, not using mods, never did.

krzzzhjkkl.jpg.a6688657268c81ef6c30754b19432f90.jpg

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
79 posts
10,422 battles

Error connecting - Server busy - Please try again later.

Status on service portal shows WOWS2 server down.

No details available :Smile_facepalm:
image.png.0b256de91a9a90c54c46f4d2f827cedb.png

EDIT: Just "brute-forced" my way in (kept trying to connect) and apparently is now active on server 1....

Players
3,017 posts
7,133 battles
10 minutes ago, drmajga said:

Played two matches so far, got kicked from server twice. Hmm...

Nope, not using mods, never did.

krzzzhjkkl.jpg.a6688657268c81ef6c30754b19432f90.jpg

I was also getting this error when I changed my (stock) badge to the one with the bomb and the heptogram.

Players
3,017 posts
7,133 battles
2 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

Error connecting - Server busy - Please try again later.

Status on service portal shows one server down.

No details available :Smile_facepalm:

Now getting this same error as well.

[TAMAR]
Players
4 posts

PLEASE PLEASE PUT SOME MONEY IN YOUR SERVER METER TO TURN THE POWER BACK ON!

THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME YOU (WG) HATED...DENY MY BONUS CODE, WON'T TRANSFER GOLD TO DUBLOONS, SHUT SERVER ON MY DAY OFF....GLAD YOU HATE EVERYONE IN EU...NOT JUST ME!!!!

[TAMAR]
Players
4 posts

Awesome job WG...play a game..for once do a good job..then you crash and wipe it out...no recognition of over 2000+ or 200000credits...GENIUS

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles

Love how smooth the camera is, hate how long it now takes to load anything in port. Want to switch ships? 20s. Need to apply / change camo? 30s. Need to equip signals? 20s. And so on.

Players
21 posts
6,748 battles

Welcome to episode 2 of "UI Changes Nobody Asked For"

In this episode we feature the new division chat and status window being combined.

It's so nice of WG to consider those of us who don't use division chat (because for example we might be using voice chat) and decide to force us to display the chat the entire time anyway, that's exactly what we wanted. It's also wonderful of them to not give us any choice in the matter, we HAVE to accept this change or stop playing the game, there's no option to toggle it on or off. We're stuck with it. Thank you so much WG, we love unnecessary and bad UI changes being forced upon us!

I cannot overstate how much I absolutely love this feature. Please give us more ridiculous, unintuitive, ugly, and plain bad changes in the UI. After switching around the upgrade slots back in 6.14 I thought you couldn't do any better, but you really outdid yourself this time!

94647bbded.png

Since WG are so focused on making bad changes that nobody asks for, wants, or needs, I thought I'd help them by coming up with some further suggestions to "streamline" the experience:

• Ads. We all love ads! Look at all that wasted space on the port screen! Filling it up with unwanted chats was only the first step, you should put ads on there too. Not only would players LOVE it, but you'd make even more money!!!
  • On the installer PLEASE give us the option to install the Ask™ toolbar. I find it so frustrating that in order to get that garbage piece of bloated spyware I have to install Java, I wish I could get it through WG products too!
  • UI elements need to shake, and jump out when you hover over and click on them, it would really make it "pop".
  • We need more synergy, ALWAYS MORE SYNERGY.
  • You know those lovely flashing symbols that appear on new features? Make it so they don't disappear. It's already fun enough that they don't go away until you click on them (even if you don't care), why not make it so that EVERY UI element has that flashing symbol? It would really grab our attention to features we never even knew existed or cared about or wanted.
  • Give us fewer options! Having so much choice and player agency is confusing and frustrating, please take all of our choices away from us so we can only do what big brother WG want us to do.
  • MORE UNNECESSARY UI CHANGES THAT NOBODY WANTS. This is by far the most important factor in creating a fun and engaging gaming experience.
  • Remove detonation flags, they are OP.
  • On that note, we need more detonations, please. It's so hard to detonate a battleship it's almost not even worth shooting at them. And I heard carriers CAN'T be detonated????????????? Talk about OP, please nerf.
  • Manual drop is overpowered, please remove from the game. When we reach tier 6 CV and play against a CV that knows how to manual drop or strafe it's just so unbalanced it should be illegal.
  • Conqueror isn't strong enough, I only have a 97% winrate over 1000 games in my conqueror, that is unacceptable. BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES. Please make sure this is accurately reflected in the game, thanks in advance.

You're welcome.

When you make all these changes, and I know you will, I expected to be compensated in full for my brilliant ideas. They are all copyrighted and if you implement any of them without paying me I will sue you!

Hugs and kisses. xoxo

Warm Regards,

t. Potato

• Cool 7
  • Funny 5

Players
236 posts
11,148 battles
6 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

It appears that everything is working coorectly now. I'm not sure, but do the badges that show when you died, show your own or the one from your opponent?

Bottom left shows yours. Middle screen shows the one that killed you.

Players
2,160 posts

The new Division window is very obtrusive, it doesn't have the ability to detach the pointless chat box and it can't be re-sized to small enough. Please at least give the option to make it transparent and to lose the chat element back to the bottom.

Not a good change especially on a laptop screen even a 17" one.

Oh and after a battle it moves down to the chat box area automatically and covers part of the carousel. That really is NOT a positive change at all.

Players
3,017 posts
7,133 battles
3 minutes ago, GioIonutz said:

Bottom left shows yours. Middle screen shows the one that killed you.

After I got killed, I moused over all the enemies and none had mine. Just to clarify, the badge that showed middle screen was identical to mine.

But this was hours ago and things seem to have been fixed since then (including clan chat).

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,436 posts
6,504 battles
3 hours ago, Senjougahara said:

-snip-

I agree completely....It looks bad, it takes too much of the screen, and you can't remove it without making it impossible to check if your teammates are ready

The previous one was fine...Why WG decided to chage it is beyond me