Insignia & Emblems

73 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,706 posts
2,730 battles

Captains,

Please leave any feedback regarding the new Insignias & Emblems feature in this thread.

Check out the full guide on the new feature here in case of any questions!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,506 posts

The WoWS-equivalent of teabagging your enemy has arrived. I find the badges themselves a cool feature, but the big "YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED BY <insert badge>" is preposterous, annoying and redundant. It might have been a cool (and that's stretching it) feature in 2006 while playing on a Pentium III after you've finished your homework and mom & dad let you allow to play Counterstrike or Call of Duty for half an hour before the inevitable bedtime, but that was 2006... 

Please add a toggle to turn that off. 

Or allow us to rename our accounts for free to xXx_dank_no_scope_detonation69_xXx, in order to make the immersion in the way-back-machine totally complete.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 2

[PORT]
Modder
1,738 posts
12,362 battles

Disappointing that these are not available for coop anymore - not even doable in operations. Adding new features but excluding 1/3 of the playerbase, wow.

I wish I could toggle them off. :/

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,347 posts
7,857 battles

it looks like c&c generals faction logos :Smile_sceptic:

please allow us to turn it off

• Cool 3

[LUXX]
Beta Tester
165 posts

This is super-annoying. Where can I turn this virtual middle finger off ? If it's not in the setting yet then put in a Change request with the devs right now.

• Cool 5

[NKK3]
Players
29 posts
7,061 battles

Don't the emblems take our old matches? !@·#
I unlocked all the russian tree and I wont play with them much more, I'm unlocking another trees.

But I won't have my russian emblems! :cap_money:

• Cool 1

Players
1 post

Not paying a penny more to this game until i see a toggle to turn that off.

Enough is enough!

RAISE UR WALLET PPL! revolt and lets make the game devs see the power of the Wallet Warrior.

Put bad things in to the game and we will not pay for it!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

Missions to get Patches are very heavy focus on BBs with a taste of CAs. Why are DDs and CVs left out?

[RONIN]
Players
66 posts
11,118 battles

more useless trinkets, like horns. need option turn this off just like horns.

• Cool 2

[WGP2L]
Players
446 posts
16,875 battles

So this is what WG decides to wast our hard earned money on....

Did ANYONE ASK for this crap? I have not seen or heard anything and I stay up to date pretty well.

And why do WG think T-baging is something WoWS needs? I mean its a BIG "in your face M****r F****r!" every time you die!

I can say for sure my level of annoyance has been higher today then usual and every time I see a dam badge I want to quit the game.

Unrelated to this why did WG feel the need to remake the Division system? Seems like another wast of our money and we are getting nothing out of it.

WG why dont you actually improve your game engine and make the game better? Like Waves or make the ships sit lower in the water after being flooded, something to add immersion rather then this T-Bag crap and redo what ain't broken instead of fixing for example radar seeing trough islands?

Please get your crap together WG!

• Cool 4

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
512 posts
10,395 battles

My very first reaction when I read about this feature was thinking "I want an off button".

My first reaction after seeing this feature in action was saying "I demand an off button".

Really guys it's just lame.

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,738 posts
12,362 battles

For anyone interested:

I made a mod to hide all emblems and patches:

• No script is changed - so nothing illegal, only pictures replaced

• will not hide the "you have been killed by xxx" - text

• Already listed it in the mod-section, but it takes some days till they test it :D

• download, extract and place it in World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.7.0.1

Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Av8RVvqHnCfqd40O92Dg67b80AhE9rPS/view?usp=sharing

As requested, a version that keeps the emblems but removes them from the kill-cam:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xrZMIBdcdjQ4JMQgiJ31eD7XDBLtjhYU/view?usp=sharing

• Cool 4

[ELCH]
Players
61 posts
8,188 battles

Please give us a toggle to turn off the kill screen display. They are fine everywhere else, but this one is obnoxious, blocks the view for too long and way too big.

Also, the Shield background is warped and doesn't align well with the straight lines of the UI:

dxydpIk.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BLUMR]
[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
94 posts
5,491 battles

*edited*

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
94 posts
2,651 battles

Please add a toggle for the emblem in your face. i'd like to turn it off. It is very annoying.

• Cool 4

[KV]
Alpha Tester
31 posts
3,530 battles

Turn those damn emblems off !

FFS Wargaming - You implement ship horns (which are nice) but you give us the ability to disable them.   - You implement the most ANNOYING THING EVER since Trump.....Emblems - WITHOUT the ability to turn them off.....

Next time you guys have a "idea storm" - Pro tip: Do not snort the bleach bottle.....ok?

• Cool 5

[_AVS_]
Players
48 posts
14,566 battles

Give us a button to turn these badges/emblems off.  Its bad enough getting killed by players without having to endure this excrement as well. 

And sort out the divisions window, my 14 year old son can program better than that. it moves all over screen and is always in the way for picking ships. Little tip,  IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX THE BL**DY THING.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts

Please... remove this unnecessary emblem thing.... It has no visual value, they don't look good.... They are not just unnecessary... They are also stupid, totally ridiculous and utterly garbage. 

I don't care who sinks my ship in the game but I do not want the ugly garbage to be popped in my screen. It's like "Hey you sunk! Hahahaha~~ What a loser!!" If I want to know who sunk me, then I check the list as I get blown up. I don't need the emblem thrown at my face.

Please remove it ASAP....  And perhaps we all can forget this ever happened.... The time used in making this garbage could have been used waaaay more productively

• Cool 4

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
94 posts
2,651 battles

Emblems in my face are ruining my game experience more than GB BB HE spam.