Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
theta0123

French BB's= secondary guns armor

3 comments in this topic

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
4,325 battles

I frikking love secondary batteries. Wich is why i love german BBs. And all BBs.. as all my BBs have secondary builds

I was reading this amazing article on reddit https://stefsap.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/mn-alsace-gascogne-clemenceau-battleships/

When i noticed... that the french 152 (6") DP turrets where infact...armored

115mm for the faceplates, 70mm for the sides and roof and 100mm for the barbettes

Will this be modelled ingame aswel? Because that would be a huge survivability boost as HE spamming will be much less effective on these turrets

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

Most 'main' secondary batteries were armoured on all BB's - either turret armour or casemate armour, it's only usually the smaller calibre 'stuff' that wasn't, or only had splinter shields (so broadly speaking 20-40mm etc).

WG are usually pretty good with their modelling of secondary batteries armour.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles

There already are plenty of armoured secondary turrets. For example take Kii - she has those DP 100mm turrets - HE doesn't hurt them, you kill them with AP. Pretty sure same goes for those secondary turrets that RN ships QE+ have. And I bet other ships with secondaries in turrets have exactly the same point about those.

Sign in to follow this