You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmileForTheFlash

When ships get removed

22 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles

Dear players,
What is the point of removing ships from the game?
Personaly i joined World of Warships to be able in the future to get the Missouri, the Mighty Mo....and what WG does, they remove it from the game.....WTH!!!
...and by the way, where did Atlanta go?

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Go to the next fashion store and ask them why they remove inventory.

Welcome to real life!

Interesting point of view, so wargaming is a fashion store and not a game, i think you are a bit confused abt what is real life and what is on line gamming, problem starts when somebody has nothing to say and he sais what comes out of his head just to say something and that is easy to figure it out cause you have more posts than games i guess! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
3 minutes ago, SmileForTheFlash said:

Interesting point of view, so wargaming is a fashion store and not a game, i think you are a bit confused abt what is real life and what is on line gamming, problem starts when somebody has nothing to say and he sais what comes out of his head just to say something and that is easy to figure it out cause you have more posts than games i guess! :Smile_teethhappy:

It is an interesting point of view. You just fail to consider it at all. Think it through.

Players
762 posts
3,423 battles

Well WG has their reasons, 1) The reason for Missouris Departure is as they do not want two tier 9 BBs which hold the same reputation i.e.- Free XP premiums. They only want players to get em one at a time (And buy those overpriced packages instead :cap_haloween:)

2) Atlanta is just removed from the tree, I think

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles
Just now, aidenthedestroyer said:

Well WG has their reasons, 1) The reason for Missouris Departure is as they do not want two tier 9 BBs which hold the same reputation i.e.- Free XP premiums. They only want players to get em one at a time

Well my friend, my question is why can't we have both like we have different same tier premiums of different Nations, par example, i dont like Japanesse ships so i have the oportunity to get the US line as for Atlanta it is removed from the store also or i'm totally blind lol

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles
4 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

It is an interesting point of view. You just fail to consider it at all. Think it through.

I did concider the thought, i don't question the right of WG to do what they want with their game, my question is a simple WHY? Same mistake was made by WG with WoT and i simply quit playing WoT as many others did, every Month a tank was removed from the game!

Players
762 posts
3,423 battles
9 minutes ago, SmileForTheFlash said:

Well my friend, my question is why can't we have both like we have different same tier premiums of different Nations, par example, i dont like Japanesse ships so i have the oportunity to get the US line as for Atlanta it is removed from the store also or i'm totally blind lol

WG is a company after money, this is just a business strategy. Remove one premium but give players a time limit to get it before its gone. Now since people WILL want to get her, they will do anything, and that includes buying doubloons just so they can convert their XP. and when you buy doubloons, your money goes into their pockets. Its all a business strategy. For Atlanta tho..IDK.

[CATS]
Players
15,957 posts
11,194 battles
9 minutes ago, SmileForTheFlash said:

I did concider the thought, i don't question the right of WG to do what they want with their game, my question is a simple WHY? Same mistake was made by WG with WoT and i simply quit playing WoT as many others did, every Month a tank was removed from the game!

Then you live in a consumption based society and have no idea how sales work or how companies influence people to make them spend more money.

You are just a sheep that gets herded around.

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Then you live in a consumption based society and have no idea how sales work or how companies influence people to make them spend more money.

You are just a sheep that gets herded around.

The only thing they gna influence me to do is quit as i did with WoT and thats not what a sheep does my friend

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles
8 minutes ago, aidenthedestroyer said:

WG is a company after money, this is just a business strategy. Remove one premium but give players a time limit to get it before its gone. Now since people WILL want to get her, they will do anything, and that includes buying doubloons just so they can convert their XP. and when you buy doubloons, your money goes into their pockets. Its all a business strategy. For Atlanta tho..IDK.

You are absolutely right abt the strategy, my thought, they gna start loosing players as for the Atlanta i double checked it, ship is out too (game, shop)!!!

Players
8 posts
4,188 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Looks like you already spent some money here....

I just loved the Scharnhorst......couldn't resist LOL:cap_look:plus the 10e per month to play with a premium account.....

Players
762 posts
3,423 battles
13 minutes ago, SmileForTheFlash said:

You are absolutely right abt the strategy, my thought, they gna start loosing players as for the Atlanta i double checked it, ship is out too (game, shop)!!!

Not really, there are others who are much more fun to play.....

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
98 battles
On 1/17/2018 at 2:36 AM, aidenthedestroyer said:

Well WG has their reasons, 1) The reason for Missouris Departure is as they do not want two tier 9 BBs which hold the same reputation i.e.- Free XP premiums. They only want players to get em one at a time (And buy those overpriced packages instead :cap_haloween:)

Well then why didn't they just replace the other tier 9 Batleship of the US with the Missouri?

[CATS]
Players
15,957 posts
11,194 battles
1 hour ago, Montanathekiller123 said:

Well then why didn't they just replace the other tier 9 Batleship of the US with the Missouri?

• It is a premium
  • Too many BB with radar are not a good idea

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,519 battles
On ‎17‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 12:04 PM, SmileForTheFlash said:

They removed all the other ships that were not selling like they wanted them to sell. They claim that they will rotate the premium ships around, and as stated in the latest bulletin, tomorrow (friday) they will put some new ships rotated ships on sale. Expect them to be T8, because there will be a new season in ranked. BUT, since the rank 1 league is played with T7, there can be some others too. We will see.

Almost all the premiums are going to be available limited time only. That way (they say) they will sell better, because ppl do not wander around aimlessly and think "I'll get it tomorrow, or the next day". Other way to aquire ships that are not in sale atm, is to buy special crates/presents, mostly only available in Christmas.

There are ships that are considered too imbalanced and are therefore removed permanently, because WG does'nt want to rebalance them. There still is some chance to get them, but mainly from the special crates. Some CC's will donate them and I've even seen some auctions where there was available the Belfast.

The closest thing to Atlanta is the Flint. That can be aquired by playing ranked, you need to get rank 1 three times in different seasons.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/ranked-battles-s9/

Players
4 posts
1,133 battles

Hey, sorry this is kinda related. If I own a ship in the tech tree and they remove it from the game, what happened to the ship in my dock? Does it stay? Does it get removed? Do I get compensated for it? Any help would be great! 

[4_0_4]
Players
4,827 posts
10,991 battles
26 minutes ago, BALLISTIC_DESTROYER6 said:

Hey, sorry this is kinda related. If I own a ship in the tech tree and they remove it from the game, what happened to the ship in my dock? Does it stay? Does it get removed? Do I get compensated for it? Any help would be great! 

Depends on what happens to it. If it gets straight up removed, you properly get FreeEXP and credits as compensation.